home

Author Topic: Bishmeister's Ostland Empire - Burgo Mansion Faces and Banners 01.02.16  (Read 205788 times)

Offline Bishmeister

• Members
Re: Bishmeister's Ostland Empire - Characters - updated 22/09/14
« Reply #400 on: September 22, 2014, 06:45:03 PM »
Thanks Evil_Penguin918 for the image advice.

Ever since I saw the Demigryph artwork I thought they were awesome.

When the models came out I thought they were cool but I thought that they were a bit on the small side and not quite so fantastical.
So my next project when Warhammer Fest has been and gone and I have finished my entry I will be working on these bad boys.
I am still undecided whether to sculpt big cat front legs, leave them with the bird legs or have a mixture in the unit. These will have rear barding added also.

I will have a unit of six and one with a hero on making a total of seven. These are gonna take some time but I'm pretty excited to be getting back on the modelling vibe again.
Follow me on Twitter @Bishmeister1

Offline mottdon

• Members
Re: Bishmeister's Ostland Empire - Demigryph Alternatives WIP - updated 22/09/14
« Reply #401 on: September 22, 2014, 07:32:02 PM »
Hmmm.  This will be interesting to watch.  I'm not quite sure I'm seeing it just yet.  How will they fit on a standard Demigryph Base?

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Re: Bishmeister's Ostland Empire - Demigryph Alternatives WIP - updated 22/09/14
« Reply #402 on: September 22, 2014, 07:43:37 PM »
 :icon_eek: huge!!
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Lateksimajava

• Members
« Reply #403 on: September 22, 2014, 08:20:28 PM »
Great job with the merchant and scribe (and monkey!!)

But the "demi"gryphs... This is madness.  ::heretic::

"Madness...? THIS IS OSTLAND!!"
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 08:32:19 AM by Lateksimajava »

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #404 on: September 23, 2014, 04:04:13 AM »
wow, the "not so demi"-gryphs are going to be quite something. looking forward to seeing you progress on that project.

...and I like how the monkey is peaking through the shield. he's got the right deer-in-the-headlight expression
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline Cam

• Members
« Reply #405 on: September 23, 2014, 05:07:22 AM »
Wow those Demigryphs will be quite impressive. Must be one of the most expensive Demigryph alternatives out there...

Offline Irishzero

• Members
« Reply #406 on: September 23, 2014, 09:02:54 AM »
I can not agree more with the previous speakers, this is going to be awesome.

The mere size of that unit of 7 "demis" coming against you and the field will send the opponent fleeing. They are indeed HUGE!
If you are a bit low on cash right now after the 7 of them I can give you a shameful offer on some of your other lovely units  :wink: :evil:

Offline Bishmeister

• Members
« Reply #407 on: September 23, 2014, 05:38:59 PM »
Cheers folks, I am pretty excited about this project.

Wow those Demigryphs will be quite impressive. Must be one of the most expensive Demigryph alternatives out there...

I was lucky enough to pick these up cheaper than normal Demigryphs.

Hmmm.  This will be interesting to watch.  I'm not quite sure I'm seeing it just yet.  How will they fit on a standard Demigryph Base?

These just fit on Demigryph bases with a bit of ingenuity.

Offline Albrecht Hexenjaeger

• Members
  • Imperial Liberal
« Reply #408 on: September 24, 2014, 02:34:01 AM »
DA-YUM!!!  :Ohmy: :Ohmy: :Ohmy: :Ohmy: :Ohmy:
I got my affordable healthcare. Now I need affordable miniatures.

Offline George

• Members
« Reply #409 on: September 24, 2014, 04:53:32 AM »
Now that's a crazy idea....i love it.
I think you should have a crack at sculpting the front legs...even if only to get some different poses.
My Armies:
Empire
Ogres

Offline Kirgan

• Members
« Reply #410 on: September 29, 2014, 12:29:20 PM »
 :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :happy:
Commission Painting-PM  :)

Offline Bishmeister

• Members
Thank you folks.
I finally have obtained some Ostland shields to finished my swordsmen unit. These shields make such a differene.

The finished Halberdiers.

The Greatswords

And their respective banners

I also took a first army shot, all models completed apart from the stank.

Offline Hauptmann Gustl

• Members
Re: Bishmeister's Ostland Empire - Full army shot - updated 03/10/14
« Reply #412 on: October 03, 2014, 07:43:51 AM »
Superb banners and flags - true empire art!  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: And a really nice collection of models. Now I am looking forward to seeing the griffons.

Offline Sir_Chris

• Members
« Reply #413 on: October 03, 2014, 10:08:43 AM »
Your thread was the reason I have joined this forum...and you show very impressive that I was not wrong!
Absolutely fantastic army!! Makes me jeallous and very happy to have hollidays to start working on my own army a bit more :)
Pro imperatore servimus!
Pro Sigmare pugnamus!
Pro finibus hominum morimur!

Offline The Ol Perfesser

• Members
« Reply #414 on: October 04, 2014, 08:53:59 PM »
Wonderful!!! Love those banners!
 :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
Never make predictions, especially about the future.

Offline DonJulio

• Members
« Reply #415 on: October 05, 2014, 03:35:33 AM »
Its looking awaome! :::cheers:::

Offline Vauln

• Members
« Reply #416 on: October 05, 2014, 04:16:55 AM »
Really great army, the banners are the real deal. Not so sure about the terracotta Steam Tank though.  :unsure:

Offline Bishmeister

• Members
« Reply #417 on: October 05, 2014, 07:27:38 AM »
Thanks folks.

Your thread was the reason I have joined this forum...and you show very impressive that I was not wrong!
Absolutely fantastic army!! Makes me jeallous and very happy to have hollidays to start working on my own army a bit more :)

That's high praise, thank you. Good luck with your army, I look forward to seeing your army pics.

The terracotta tank is being painted rusty first then I will add some standard Ostland colours for a weather beaten look.

Came across these light cavalry WIP from Perry Miniatures. https://www.facebook.com/perryminiatures

Offline b0007452

• Members
Re: Bishmeister's Ostland Empire - Perry Miniatures - updated 05/10/14
« Reply #418 on: October 05, 2014, 09:40:07 AM »
Just caught up on what I've missed over the last couple of months and it's all fabulous.

In particular I like the acolytes robes, the light wizard and all of the banners.

The merchant far outdoes my own attempt also :blush:
:) My Slowly Growing Army of Bogenhafen - http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=44020 :)

Offline Booah

• Members
« Reply #419 on: October 05, 2014, 03:44:07 PM »
Those demigryphs are gonna be awesome, can't wait to see them modelled up. And the army looks great. The black and white with touches of red looks really effective

Offline madeinitaly1

• Members
« Reply #420 on: October 05, 2014, 04:50:28 PM »
Your army looks awesome!!

Offline DariusZero

• Members
  • I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
« Reply #421 on: October 05, 2014, 06:36:54 PM »
Love the banners, I also like how you positioned your state troops, they look like a proffesional army.
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0

Offline ColonialRaptor

• Members
    • www.facebook.com/DavidColwellMP
« Reply #422 on: October 06, 2014, 12:03:32 AM »
My god... what an amazing army! So incredible I'm almost speechless.  That massive custom Greatswords Banner is just SICK... I mean seriously... who thinks of adding on those extra parts on the sides and achieves it so damn well... SICK !
Find my Ongoing Workbook Here

Offline Bishmeister

• Members
« Reply #423 on: October 06, 2014, 06:57:41 AM »
Cheers folks for the kind words and encouragement.

Warhammer fest is fast approaching and I will be entering the Mansion with the army into the open competition. It was intended to be entered into the Armies on Parade category but this no longer exists. So i have removed all the bases and pinned the 125 models of the army. Now I have to attach them to the model.

The drunken gunners in the rear.

Also yesterday I began creating a simple display board to mount the model.

Offline Lateksimajava

• Members
Re: Bishmeister's Ostland Empire - Warhammer Fest WIP - updated 06/10/14
« Reply #424 on: October 06, 2014, 02:39:45 PM »
Great job with the banners! Just inspirational! Looking forward to see your entry.  :::cheers:::