home

Author Topic: The Empire Provinces Poll  (Read 91253 times)

Offline Derek Contyre

• Members
  • Duke of Nueremburg
Re: The Empire Provinces Poll
« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2009, 11:22:29 AM »
I dunno, the pay would be good but you'd be bored to tears and smell of animal faeces. lol just joking Empireguard, I'm an aussie so i have to have a joke at everyones expense  :biggriin:
A man who builds his army around his fluff . . . respect . . .  :::cheers:::

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2009, 12:11:07 PM »
I dunno, the pay would be good but you'd be bored to tears and smell of animal faeces. lol just joking Empireguard, I'm an aussie so i have to have a joke at everyones expense  :biggriin:

Which is ironic, given the fact that everyone else laughs at you ;)

BTW, seen the score from Edgebaston yet? ;)
We go to gain a little patch of ground that hath in it no profit but the name.
The Free Company of Solland

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline Derek Contyre

• Members
  • Duke of Nueremburg
« Reply #127 on: August 09, 2009, 01:36:07 PM »
The cricket? and if yes I have and I was ashamed. . .
A man who builds his army around his fluff . . . respect . . .  :::cheers:::

Offline Calisson

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • From Druchii.net
« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2009, 08:23:11 PM »
One more vote for Averland.
More precisely, Averheim.

Many reasons for that:

- "Averland is one of the richest provinces => I want to buy the best weapons engineers can make!
- its army is famous for its ostentatious uniforms. => Perfect excuse to paint as beautifully as I can (at least I wish I will in the future...).
- the finest steeds for riding and for battle come from here. => excellent for my knights!
- excellent wine. => excellent for my knights... and everybody else!
- heavy use of the crossbow=> I find them useful.
- greater use of mercenaries"=> possibly in the future.

- That's where the  :::cheers::: and  :biggriin: secular knights of the Black Bear have their home.
"Easily the most boisterous of all the Knightly Orders within the Empire, the Knights of the Black Bear maintain (...) a Chapterhouse in Averheim itself." => That alone was sufficient to settle down in Averheim!

Not forgetting the extraordinary fluff of our late count, a poet, an engineer and a martial hero altogether (and a wacky person, even better!).

Hey, perfect for an army like mine, fielding heavy cavalry, expensive warmachines and many shooters, as well as brilliant wizards and even creative engineers.
No endless hordes of hopeless men counting only on their sheer mass to compensate for them being butchered. We will win through speed and technology!
No brainless fanatics nor WAltar. I trust powder and armour.
No weird zoo. Horse breeding is under perfect control. In steel lays our future.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 08:48:46 PM by Calisson »

Offline Hurin Thalion

• Members
« Reply #129 on: August 14, 2009, 12:47:47 PM »
What's with the huge number of Stirlanders? Come on, everyone knows that the might of Middenheim is what's right! :smile2:
Out of Doubt, Out of Dark
to the Day's Rising I Came
Singing in the Sun, Sword Unsheathing

Offline von Kriegfalcon

• Members
  • "THE END IS NIGH!"
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2009, 06:28:03 PM »
I've invented a region that is situated in Middenland and comprised largely of Middenlanders, and surviving Drakwalders.
The colour scheme is a red jacket, and white jacket and shirt (mostly).

And don't say Talabheim!  :biggriin:
"Sometimes, there really is no option other than thus: cut your losses and run like hell."

"When in battle; it really isn't complicated. You find an enemy; hit him/her with whatever you are holding. Repeat as many times as neccesary until they're all dead."

Offline Dakai

• Members
« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2010, 01:12:52 AM »
averland for the win. even thou in story the mad count is no longer with us. i still built an army around him and his brother the grand master of the knights of sigmar

Offline Margrave of Kemperbad

• Members
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2010, 05:04:55 PM »
Uh, What no Friestadt of Kemperbad? Had to vote other.
Since Kemperbad is a free city (thanks to Emperor Boris the Incompetent in 1066) and is located where the Stir River joins the Reik River, it has become a very rich autonomous trading town.
Kemperbad being located between Altdorf to the north and Nuln to the south, gives it access to goods that are usually seldom seen elsewhere. So IMO anything is possible in a Kemperbad army.
Paint scheme I use is White (Reikland) and Black (Nuln). With more white on infantry and more black on cavalry.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 12:28:32 PM by Margrave of Kemperbad »
Remember, a handgunner aims for the heart and a thunderer aims for the codpiece!

Offline Burgermeiser

• Members
« Reply #133 on: May 27, 2010, 04:39:41 PM »
It took me two weeks to narrow down what I wanted my Empire force to be. It came down to Nuln and Altdorf (I'm a history buff with ancestors from Germany, so I had a hard time picking between Brandenburg-Prussia [Altdorf] and Nuremburg [Nuln]). Eventually, I decided on a Nuln army because of it's emphasis on the gunline. I'm going to experiment with a lot of handgunners backed up by cannon, Knights Griffon, and spearmen detachments. It's only too bad GW didn't come out with an Engineer hero (like the mad Von Meinkopt!) :happy:
"To reign in Averland, you must be as mad as an Elector. Which, fortunately, I am!"-Marius Leitdorf (Viscilitudes of Count Averland, Chapter VII, Paragraph XIV)

Offline Burgermeiser

• Members
« Reply #134 on: May 27, 2010, 06:26:10 PM »
The Army of Mericaath (That's 'America' in Fantasy speak  :happy: ) is from an independent realm in the New World, but has heritage from Nuln, Hochland, and even a few people came from Bretonnia.

We may have left your *cough* beautiful Empire, but we'll still gladly trade with such a *cough* enlightened folk.

;)
Jacob Goldstein, amen to your post!    :-D
Perhaps you Marienburgers would care to join us in our great republic...  :icon_cool:

Mericaath? Nice one!  :Ohmy: A colonial portion of the Empire army book would have been great. I've been toying with the idea of a Marienburg colonial force to fight lizardmen with. Or an Imperial expeditionary force. Nuln is a good choice for that I think, or Averland because they look alot like the Spanish conquistadores in their black and yellow garb and armor. Bronze cannon also really add to the look I think.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 06:28:50 PM by Burgermeiser »
"To reign in Averland, you must be as mad as an Elector. Which, fortunately, I am!"-Marius Leitdorf (Viscilitudes of Count Averland, Chapter VII, Paragraph XIV)

Offline Burgermeiser

• Members
« Reply #135 on: May 31, 2010, 06:08:26 PM »
It took me two weeks to narrow down what I wanted my Empire force to be. It came down to Nuln and Altdorf (I'm a history buff with ancestors from Germany, so I had a hard time picking between Brandenburg-Prussia [Altdorf] and Nuremburg [Nuln]). Eventually, I decided on a Nuln army because of it's emphasis on the gunline. I'm going to experiment with a lot of handgunners backed up by cannon, Knights Griffon, and spearmen detachments. It's only too bad GW didn't come out with an Engineer hero (like the mad Von Meinkopt!) :happy:

After a moment of indecisiveness  :Ohmy: I changed my mind again for what I want my army to be, OSTLAND!! Besides, my Chicago Bulls shirt matches the Ostland color scheme and heraldry. Nothing like going to a tournament dresed to match! :mellow: :eusa_wall:

Offline Dirk Hardpeck

• Members
« Reply #136 on: August 30, 2010, 11:16:51 PM »
What's with the huge number of Stirlanders?

I, too, am surprised by the large number of Stirlanders here. Not that it bothers me as I play Stirland too  :lol:

Notch another vote for Stirland!
"To me, Sons of Sigmar! For the Empire!!"

« Reply #137 on: September 28, 2010, 02:53:55 AM »
Hochland for Me!!! Land of Snipers with Hochland Longrifles to Pop Skulls of enemy Generals! Nice...very nice... a Christmasy nice!!! 

Offline Ricardo-PB

• Members
  • Loves the smell of gunpowder in the morning.
Hochland
« Reply #138 on: December 29, 2010, 01:00:37 AM »
I'm building a Hochland army, and I assumed it was one of the less popular ones. Wow.
Our skins may be thin, but, Our women are the finest, our armor the thickest, our spirits the strongest, and our weapons even stronger when we're filled with the spirit of alcoholic spirits and women! So sharpen your halberds, prime the guns, and remember that we fight the good fight for our Empire!

Offline Hans_Krieg

• Members
« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2011, 09:46:05 AM »
I'm planning to paint my army with Middenheim scheme basically, but they are part of units of the whole Empire who came to the city for defending it in the Storm of Chaos and now they patrol the woods in order to finish with the remainings of Chaos...

Offline Ricardo-PB

• Members
  • Loves the smell of gunpowder in the morning.
« Reply #140 on: February 01, 2011, 06:47:46 PM »
Well, the stats have balanced out a bit but still, I'm rather surprised how popular Hochland is.

Our skins may be thin, but, Our women are the finest, our armor the thickest, our spirits the strongest, and our weapons even stronger when we're filled with the spirit of alcoholic spirits and women! So sharpen your halberds, prime the guns, and remember that we fight the good fight for our Empire!

Offline Salvatore

• Members
« Reply #141 on: April 27, 2011, 07:16:54 PM »
For Reikland!
Easy to paint, all units joices can be justified without problem. Yeah what more, to ask for?

Cheers

Offline RavenLord166

• Members
  • For Sigmar!
« Reply #142 on: August 26, 2011, 07:03:54 PM »
Sigmarite Ostland, that brims with fluff and conversions. plus they are both my Favourite and just plan awesome.
Faith in Sigmar

Offline Ambrose

• Members
« Reply #143 on: August 30, 2011, 04:29:17 PM »
Talabecland
"Faith, Steel and Gunpowder"

Offline Prince Nuada

• Members
  • ...there is only war!
« Reply #144 on: November 19, 2011, 06:09:06 AM »
Ha-ha, nobody likes the Polish-Belorussians (Kislevites).  :happy:
Except the Chaos Norse I guess, they REALLY like Kislev!

I play a Nuln city-state army with a regiment of Wissenburg Half-pike & Bow at the behest of Countess von Liebwitz who holds her court in Nuln.  :smile2:
Quote from: Prince Nuada
If you cannot command, then you must obey.

Offline Tengel

• Members
« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2011, 08:45:46 PM »
I am Russian with Ucrainian lastname and Belorussian origins (precisely, I come from one of Siberian Belorussian clans).

And that's why I keep a Hochland army! :happy:

There're two reasons:
1. When Russians and Belorussians want to tease Ucranian, they call him "Hohol". And ironical name for Ucraine in Russian language: "Hochliandia".
Almost everybody round me think I am Ucranian, 'cause of my last name and 'cause I look like. Being partly a Hochlandian, I made the obvious choice.
2. I like red and green; and white and green; the colors of Hochlandian banners and uniforms.

Offline Union General

• Members
  • Kicking butt since 1863.
« Reply #146 on: November 29, 2011, 02:00:12 AM »
What's with the huge number of Stirlanders?

I, too, am surprised by the large number of Stirlanders here. Not that it bothers me as I play Stirland too  :lol:

Notch another vote for Stirland!

*Goes off to make shoes*

-The General
I like your thinking  Mr. General  what a Genius

Offline TheLostElectorCount

• Members
« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2012, 03:58:51 AM »
I have painted my army red and yellow; Talabecland.
Can't wait for the new rule book. With the possibilities of the other gods of The Empire being represented.  :happy:
May Ulric and Sigmar watch over us.

Offline Divineshadow

• Members
« Reply #148 on: May 15, 2012, 10:23:22 AM »
Altdorf and Reikland army here, at least when I start painting them soon.

Currently collecting fluff from here (great resource), WFRP books, Black Library novels and anything else I can get my hands on.

Offline Thorsten Carbide

• Members
  • Where's my beer.
« Reply #149 on: August 31, 2012, 08:54:02 PM »
Not sure why but when I started my empire collection in the early 90's nearly everything was painted in the blue and red of Altdorf so I joined the pack, then after getting the empire book and a boxed set of elector counts, I decided an Altdorf / Ostland alliance was on the cards. But to which one do my true loyalties lie... :icon_twisted:
A dwarf engineer just paying a visit to the empire

Check out my Blog: http://mugodice.wordpress.com/