home

Author Topic: Dogs Of War Mercenary General  (Read 1620 times)

Offline 101st Vostroyan

• Members
Dogs Of War Mercenary General
« on: August 18, 2014, 05:07:52 AM »
I had archaon's horse without a head kickin about in my bits box so I had the idea to make an "epic" general for my dogs of war army which I use as empire. Archaon's horse is huge and After using a dremel to get rid of archaon's legs from the horse I had a base to work with. The conversion uses a Bret Pegasus head, empire knight body, empire general cloak, empire cannon crew arms and head, and a modified bretonnian lance plus some putty work on the horse. The lance is sort of comically large but that all fits I with the epic fantasy theme I was going for.My sculpting skills are a bit lackluster. But they get the job done in a mediocre sorted way.

It's still a wip so I welcome all comments and criticisms. Does it need anything  else?

The model might be a bit busy looking right now because of the mix of painted and non painted parts plus the light colored sculpy but a bit of paint will fix that up I think.

As you can see he dwarfs a normal empire knight.

Lastly here he is with a few of my mercenary knights. I really liked the look of the pistolier horses so with a simple arm swap, giving them empire knight arms and old shields, the mercenary knights were born as a sort of lighter cavalry.

Offline The Ol Perfesser

• Members
Re: Dogs Of War Mercenary General
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 09:40:33 AM »
Wow, he's big!
Nice job converting!
Never make predictions, especially about the future.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 01:42:28 PM »
 :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 02:30:20 PM »
Love the horse! Looks great!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline 101st Vostroyan

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 07:37:07 PM »
Thanks! I'm going to pick up some plasticard after work so I can add some straps to him and then I'll get some paint on him so it actually looks like it all goes together

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 09:13:57 PM »
Looks great, like a Hero should. Not like our poor knights on their armoured ponies!

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 11:33:03 PM »
great general. that must have been a lot of work filing of all the spike-y bits of metal. paint away!
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)