home

Author Topic: MLB 2023 ...  (Read 1199 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
MLB 2023 ...
« on: March 23, 2023, 08:55:50 AM »
Spring training is almost done, the World classic finished wiht Japan defeating the USA, and now this ...

A series of new rules designed ot speed the game along and have more action ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWRKqLnFt_0

Just when ya thought 40K was making big rule changes ... along comes Major League Baseball too!
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline S.O.F

• Members
Re: MLB 2023 ...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 02:50:51 PM »
Well I only have to pick up some fancy bacon from the butcher shop and all my Opening Day grilling requirements will be met. Ideally it doesn't rain here but I shall grill either way tis tradition. Shame the Mets game is a 3:00 start though.

Also per  tradition, the whole morning is streaming all the seasons of Brockmire.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 04:29:23 PM »
I have last night's leftover hot dog with the remaining french already for reheating. :icon_lol:

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2023, 02:00:22 AM »
Well an awful season for the Mets ends in a 9-1 loss to that evil team from Philadelphia. Another year turns, there will be October baseball for my home state Brewers but I always hate that one of the best sports to watch in the world will soon come to a close for the year.

As another sad note, though I am a die hard Mets fan, I was very saddened by the passing of Tim Wakefield today. While Yankee hatred drew me to those 2000's Red Sox teams the story of a knuckleballer is always an amazing one, to be so skilled an athlete to have to turn to a pitch of chance and succeed is just impressive. Felled by brain cancer at only 57, a very sad day for baseball. 
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2023, 01:11:27 PM »
Yes, terribly unfortunate to go at 57. His wife has pancreatic cancer, so not a good time for their families, and may there be some sense of peace for them thru this hardship.

By the way, I always enjoy the end of the season, usually there is much entertainment from the competition that occurs with the end of the baseball season.