home

Author Topic: Uploading Photos?  (Read 10327 times)

Offline Friar Lenz Meinhardt

• Members
Re: Uploading Photos?
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2021, 05:45:18 PM »
Thanks both. Will try that now:

• Members
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2021, 05:47:12 PM »

• Members
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2021, 05:48:57 PM »
Huzzah! Found it under 'Get share links'. Thanks again.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2021, 06:17:20 PM »
Looks like it is working now!  And that griffon is looking might cool. :icon_biggrin: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2021, 10:56:14 PM »
Huzzah! Found it under 'Get share links'. Thanks again.

I just PM'd you about the Gallery, however looks like everyone has shared the best way to share images on the site - so feel free to ignore and continue on this way :)
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2021, 11:12:00 AM »
I've been revisiting this lately as I'm really wanting to start a thread to unload the inane nonsense from my brain and document the incredibly slow progress I'm making - it might spur me on to do a bit more.

I had progressed with the idea of a Wordpress site and did set one up but it is looking like a lot of effort to maintain that I really can't be arsed or have the time to keep on top of, I am therefore dabbling once again with purely image hosting services.

Couple of questions then;

1. Anybody any recommendations between the likes of imgur and Flickr as to which is most user friendly or has the most free capacity etc.? Not sure I would want to pay for a subscription tbh. Aware this has been asked to death but things seem to change regularly in that landscape (see photobucket fiasco).

2. Has anybody ever encountered any issues of plagiarism with their photos? People re-sharing them elsewhere and claiming to be their own work? Not sure if this is much of a thing but just a thought as I was considering trying to put a watermark or something on my pics before I share them anywhere. I did see once where a guy had found a pic of his own Space Marines on pinterest without ever uploading them there.

Any tips, advice, recommendations would be much appreciated as I really don't have a big online presence so content sharing is a very big and very new thing for me to approach.

Cheers. :::cheers:::

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2021, 01:28:02 PM »
A plague on plagiarists!

I don't know what the capacity is, but my IMGUR has 2615 images so far, I don't pay and it is really easy to use. If that helps. 
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2021, 01:58:13 PM »
Does IMGUR let you categorise and sort things like into albums? And can you write a bit about things or purely a pic and maybe a caption?

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2021, 02:16:04 PM »
Again, apologies for my ignorance but these hosting places don't make things very transparent to non-users, they just go straight into 'Sign up FREE!' without any further details...

I'm not one to simply accept and consent to absolutely everything under the sun so I just like to try and know what I'm signing up for first, not just T's & C's but the actual service itself.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2021, 02:47:28 PM »
Does IMGUR let you categorise and sort things like into albums? And can you write a bit about things or purely a pic and maybe a caption?

Sorry. Don't know. I have never tried. I put captions in the posts which the pictures are linked in to, so never had a need to attach captions. Never bothered with albums either! 🤪
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2021, 07:51:25 AM »
Imgur has an album option. But generally, they don't offer a good support for organization. They want to be a picture-sharing social media rather than a web storage for linking.

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Jmash

• Members
  • Lancashire, UK
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2021, 12:42:19 PM »
Imgur has an album option. But generally, they don't offer a good support for organization. They want to be a picture-sharing social media rather than a web storage for linking.

-Z

Hmm ok, good to know. I feel like I'd want to organize pics in some manner, at least into different army projects.

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2021, 01:00:57 PM »

-Z

Hmm ok, good to know. I feel like I'd want to organize pics in some manner, at least into different army projects.

I mean there is a way. You can create favorite folders and label them as you like. Create a favorites folder and label it how ever you want, then upload the photo (whether private or public), add it to your favorites, and then place it in the folder you wish.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
Re: Happy and Random Thoughts!
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2021, 11:27:56 PM »
Not a happy or random thought, but I received an E-Mail from photobucket, because I still have some pictures hosted there from my army blog (even though they have a huge watermark on them).

That was the e-mail message:
You haven't accessed your Photobucket account in a while. In keeping with our security policies, we are contacting you to let you know that you must access your Photobucket account to keep it in “active” status.

If you take no action, your account will be restricted for your protection.

After Logging in, you get a page with the following message:
Warning, Hosting is not allowed.

Upgrade and store up to 25,000 photos with Unlimited Hosting for only $5 per month.
We have detected that you are hosting images using a Free Account in violation of our terms of use.

If you decide not to upgrade, you will need to immediately stop hosting images.

There is a huge warning sign on the top of the page and the message looks like a cheap scam ... which is quite fitting I would say.

I had a good laugh at this. Photobucket ... what a joke.  :roll:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 11:31:17 PM by Victor »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2021, 01:29:13 AM »
Interesting.  I haven't checked in on their site in ages.  Will keep an eye out for such an email.  Thanks! :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline brr-icy

• Members
  • All the things 6th
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2021, 11:17:12 AM »
I've used flickr for years with my photography business, it's pretty user friendly, easily organized into albums etc. you get 1000 photos for free if you go that way

Offline Michael Stockin

• Members
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2021, 11:29:55 AM »
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 07:04:12 PM by Michael Stockin »
So long and thanks for all the fish.

Offline marionlrs

• Members
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2021, 02:14:37 PM »
Thank you for all your valuable responses. I tried photobucket, but after chatting with a friend and reading all your tips here, I switched to imgur.
Like a grown-up child, I spend my life playing, whether it's video games, making models or board games, like scrabble with the site : https://www.tricher-scrabble.fr

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2021, 03:17:37 PM »
We look forward to seeing photos of your hobbying items, cheers! :icon_cool:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2023, 11:16:55 PM »
Folks ... since my lack of knowledge and memory are once again far beyond the original post and it's replies, plus perhaps things have changed for all I know ... lol ... can we be updated on the various ways that are currently working to put photos on to the W-E site:icon_question:

At some point we may even start a new thread on this topic as well, although for the moment feel free to use this one.

Thank you in advance! :icon_cool: :::cheers:::
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 11:19:56 PM by GamesPoet »