home

Author Topic: Alright, this is what we have to do!!  (Read 4265 times)

Offline episteme

• Members
Alright, this is what we have to do!!
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2005, 02:35:50 PM »
Yes that's 2800 if you played Empire or Dwarves.

Lets hit them, like I said at about 6-7 GMT Monday. I'll make up the difference and then post my other battles at Rhya's. I think Helblaster must be close to contesting Udo's Falls as well so that could be good. If we get both no-one can attack us which would be great.
Te morturi Salutant

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2005, 03:32:48 PM »
Yes, if there are six days in this round, I have another battle, if 7, still another, and so on. Maybe Cisse should shore up Rhya's and hit Udo's with his battles, and then episteme contests Kaltenbach with whatever he has, plus everyone elses battle there too(come on atchman, I thought you said you switched sides?).
Gave into the WoW.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2005, 05:49:18 PM »
Well, I played two battles using the river crossing scenario, so they would best be used at Kaltenbach (bonus for using one of the location's scenario's). So I'd say I post these at kaltenbach, episteme makes up the difference(EDIT: I've seen that Middenland posted a battle of 800 points at kaltenbach...) by posting most of his battles, and all other battles go to Rhya's Sisters (the Stirs have posted another battle there, by the way) and Udo's Fall.

I have two other battles at the moment, but I don't think I can post them. I'd like to, but...
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2005, 11:37:43 PM »
Allright guys, what's up? Do we attack Kaltenbach or not? It seems that only episteme, Helblaster_Of_Sigmar and myself can still contribute any battles at the moment.

From the looks of it, the Stirlanders are reinforcing their positions in Rhya's Sisters and Udo's Fall a bit. I've seen some Stirland battle reports posted at these two sites.

I've looked at the numbers, and I did a rough estimation of our relative progresses. It looks like this:
Udo's Fall: gained 6050 points on the Stirlanders
Rhya's Sisters: lost 1250 points to Stirland
Kaltenbach: has been reinforced by the Mid's and stands now at 7000 points

Question is: can we muster enough points to be sure to contest Kaltenbach (otherwise it would be a pretty lame surprise attack), while holding Rhya's Sisters (and maybe contesting Udo's Fall)? If no other players show up, I don't think we can manage all this with only the  three of us (especially as I can only post two more battles this round, and Helblaster_Of_Sigmar none at all I believe).

So, we have to make a choice. Do we attack Kaltenbach now? Maybe it's safer to reinforce Rhya's Sisters and throw the remaining battles at Udo's Fall. Episteme has 5000 points, I have two solid victories to contribute (I'll be saving my "special" Kaltenbach battles and post my remaining other battles). That would go a long way to drive back the Stirlanders...

I'll be up and ready for the surprise attack should we decide to do it, but we have to think things over. We don't have a lot of contributing players at the moment, so our resources are very limited. The rule "one post a day" is just harder for groups with less, but more active, players.

I myself have come to the conclusion that we really need to reinforce Rhya's Sisters. I can post 1800 points there. If I do this, episteme can take Udo's Fall (could you post some 3000 points there? That would give us a nice strong position I feel), and maybe add  the other 2000 points to Rhya's.

The rest of our battles we can hold in reserve. I still have 2800 points left that I can post at Kaltenbach, and I have arranged many more battles against the same opponent, so I should be able to collect quite some points. I'm sorry guys, but I'd delay the attack at Kalyenbach. We cannot afford to let Stirland gain too much ground. Besides, Stirland has posted a lot of battles at Bechafen, but if we contest Udo's, they can't attack Bechafen anymore... :wink:
cisse

Offline episteme

• Members
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2005, 12:48:31 AM »
Too true, we're probably being a bit ambitious since our lines are stretched so thin already and Middenland aren't even attacking us. So I'll post battles at our little scrap with Stirland instead.
Te morturi Salutant

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2005, 02:58:57 AM »
Wow! And you guys thought this up all yourselves? As I have been saying all along, this is what we should do. Attack Kaltenbach next round when we can all psot battles, and to our fullest.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline episteme

• Members
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2005, 03:29:53 AM »
Alright helblaster settle down. I know that was your idea all along. We're just throwing ideas around in here.

My friend over at Middenland threw out a comment like, "So planning on attacking us hey, bring it on we're ready for you" or some such nonense. Anyway I've been told Midaski (who I think is a moderator and can therfore see our forum gave them that idea).

Interesting...
Te morturi Salutant

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2005, 06:38:27 AM »
Well, I changed my mind also because Middenland started posting battles at Kaltenbach That would make it harder for us to take it.

But I wouldn't worry too much about the fact that they would know about it.

So, I'll post my battles at Rhya's, and episteme, you reinforce Rhya's further and take Udo's Fall. That should do the trick against those Stirlanders. :wink:
cisse

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2005, 02:44:18 PM »
But after that, it is highly advisable to attack Kaltenbach or Bechafen. Cause after this round, Stirland is going to be getting some hefty modifiers. If they are still defensive modifiers however, we should try to take Udo's, and wait prolly till the NEXT round to attack Kaltenbach. As we all know, we cannot split up our objectives, there are too few of us. But if Stirland can survive till Carlo and Fr1day and Atchman(come on already) start posting again, we can the prolly luanch a two way offensive.

Note: I know that Carlo is gone, but what happenend to FR1DAY and Atchman?

EDIT: Is this not the sixth day?
Gave into the WoW.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2005, 05:47:09 PM »
Well, if we now contest Udo's Fall, Stirland can't attack Bechafen, so I think that should become our next target. But let's wait till the new map is up to make any plans.
cisse

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2005, 07:03:16 PM »
I concur. And sorry for being so caustic in my earlier post.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2005, 09:01:20 PM »
We have contested Udo's by 5000 points!!!!! Let us keep hacking away, and maybe take it!!!!!
Gave into the WoW.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2005, 10:57:59 PM »
Yep, that's what I think too. But I also feel that we should start with attacking the Middenlanders, be it in Kaltenbach or in Bechafen.

Bechafen seems the most obvious target, but that's very hard to take. Kaltenbach looks feasible at the moment (7000 points, and I still got those 2800 that I can post there), but that will no doubt make the Middenlanders attack us. And we will have enough trouble as it is now with defending ourselves, I'm afraid (especially if we want to take Udo's Fall). It's time that we get some reinforcements.

Oh, and I looked at the summary of round three. In round three, Stirland has gained 35550 points in total, Middenland 19350 and Talabecland 19950 (if I can still count). so Stirland is clearly the strongest of the three participants...

We'll just have to wait and see what happens when the next round starts. We'll be ready to defend ourselves, and we should carefully consider if we can make an attack too.
cisse

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2005, 11:27:02 PM »
Let's wait a day to post anything. That will make no difference, and will give us time to play battles. I just won two more against Hellion today, and am go to my local GW tomorrow.

EDIT: day after the Forum opens again
Gave into the WoW.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2005, 11:43:42 PM »
Could be a good idea, especially because we can't post that many battles (due to less active players). As I said, we'll have to bide our time...
cisse

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2005, 12:59:01 AM »
Quote from: episteme
Anyway I've been told Midaski (who I think is a moderator and can therfore see our forum gave them that idea).

Midaski wouldn’t be doing that; it’s defiantly not like him.
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2005, 03:26:40 AM »
We don' know that, and we cannot give even the slightest hint of what we are going to do, or we will be ridden down. Honestly, is it wise to have moderators on teams? Maybe make it so they cannot enter the other forums? Unless you already have this in place.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2005, 03:52:52 AM »
There is no way to do that without completely changing the way that we organize the moderation. All moderators have sworn that they will not be cheating anyways.

And considering two other players that post about the same time as you are registered on your computer's IP, I wouldn’t make complaints about this issue.
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2005, 02:47:23 PM »
Wha?
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Archaon

• Members
  • The Everchosen
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2005, 02:58:26 PM »
Don't accuse the moderators of cheating. It would be stopped by Grutch or one of the other neutrals of it were in existance.
Proud user of an Empire General

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2005, 03:01:07 PM »
I'll vouch for Midaski with my position as admin. He won't cheat. He is well above that.
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2005, 07:02:25 PM »
IMPORTANT UPDATE!

Some foul goblin got his grubby hands on my numbers and messed them up! The Round 3 scores for Middenland and Stirland at The Uneasy Watchman have accidentally been swapped during the tally. Many thanks to the watchful Middenlanders who first got a clue that something was amiss. My sincere apologies for the mistake!

The Uneasy Watchman results should be:

Stirland gained 14,600 points
Middenland-Kislev gained 11,350 points

Round 3 Control Rates:
Stirland: 30,900
Middenland-Kislev: 32,350

The Uneasy Watchman remains CONTROLLED by THE MIDDENLAND-KISLEV ALLIANCE

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2005, 10:02:44 PM »
Well, the modifiers are not bad at all! None aimed at us, but if all goes well, we shall not use the Kaltenbach one. I think we should attack Udo's to the utmost, as we have it contested.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2005, 10:08:38 PM »
Sure, if you think you can afford to have the Middenlanders shore up their defenses with a 25% bonus modifier :)

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2005, 10:13:29 PM »
We cannot take it anyways, unless Stirland attacks the Uneasy Watchman only. If so, it might be worth it, but on- HEY, you bastard! You are trying to stir us up to attack the Mids  :-D !!
Gave into the WoW.