home

Author Topic: Turn 7  (Read 27754 times)

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
Re: Turn 7
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 09:43:06 PM »
I think that would be a great idea, Mogsam.
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2013, 10:09:21 PM »
A bit longer might be a good idea. I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels like they've already played an entire campaign. Just this first part feels like an entire .5 in of itself.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2013, 12:06:25 AM »
To be honest, I don't sense this campaign has been nearly as time consuming as some.  And I'm not complaining, enjoying it much more than most, relatively low key.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

ReiklanderCaptain

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2013, 06:26:43 PM »
So is the end of the turn today or not?

Offline fauthsie

• Members
  • Animosity Team GM
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2013, 06:31:06 PM »
I assume so otherwise people will begin to drift away..
A new Campaigning home....

http://animositycampaigns.com/joomla

FAUTHSIE CAMPAIGN CONSULTING INC.... I MAKE YOUR CAMPAIGN GO!!!

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2013, 06:54:31 PM »
I've still been waiting for the return of Demonslayer...

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2013, 07:01:04 PM »
So is the end of the turn today or not?
I hope not.

Our faction hasn't received a reply to the communication for Von Rusdorf, which has made it difficult for us to decide what we're going to do next.  We have opted not to reply to another letter, since there seems to be a fairly big void on what's going on at the moment anyway.  No sense in trying to get creative if there's no information flowing, and then it ends up being a waste of time anyway.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2013, 09:39:31 PM »
I assume so otherwise people will begin to drift away..

Unfortunately they already have as several of the more vocal players have dropped out due to RL syndrome. It appears that the drama of the election has done enough to run for an entire campaign for some players as well.

It might be best to have the decision to swear allegiance or not as the last turn and then the story progress from there through GMing. Then we could use the storyline as the beginning of the next campaign we run perhaps. At this point the burnout has started to creep in for just about everyone. (Myself included)

Except GP and Mathi.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 09:51:14 PM by Mogsam »
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline Silas

• Members
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2013, 12:23:01 AM »
I'm pretty burned out but I'm also still around. Once I know Demonslayer is back I will kick back into action.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2013, 12:46:23 AM »
Activity is brewing in the Von Rusdorf faction, we've got the same group of players all checking in, and we're ready to go.

We'll be making our next moves on Monday as if Turn 7 is still going forward.

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2013, 02:41:00 AM »
This has to be the most boring campaign I've ever been in, I would rather it be over to be honest.
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2013, 04:01:14 AM »
You only say that because your faction doesn't have a divinely inspired mission: Stop the misuse of pantaloons and theft of turnips!
Treachery and Greed: Golden Company
Empire of Wolves: Urenbach

Two campaigns. Two factions. Both prove that you can lose a campaign horribly and still have a great time. Behold, the power of RPing!

Offline Drasanil

• Members
  • Because I can.
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2013, 04:01:32 AM »
This has to be the most boring campaign I've ever been in, I would rather it be over to be honest.

I know Mogs and Rufus put some serious work into this, so I do feel kind of bad saying it but... the entire Urenbach faction (and a guy from Rusdorf!) already started our own RP back on Animosity because nothing was going on here.

Offline NewGuy

• Members
  • Unrepentant DoW player
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2013, 04:48:11 AM »
But I wanted to see what came next...
I've dumped the plans of using Bretonnians. They suck.

Offline Grumbaki

• Members
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2013, 07:04:51 AM »

We're Urebach! So, going by precedent...we'd all get a medal. A shiny one too.
Treachery and Greed: Golden Company
Empire of Wolves: Urenbach

Two campaigns. Two factions. Both prove that you can lose a campaign horribly and still have a great time. Behold, the power of RPing!

Offline Drasanil

• Members
  • Because I can.
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2013, 07:21:59 AM »

We're Urebach! So, going by precedent...we'd all get a medal. A shiny one too.

Damn straight! I don't see anyone else working to secure Middenheim's turnip crop or battle the scourge of pantalooned women :ph34r:

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2013, 08:54:36 AM »
I managed to beat S.O.F into action too. I can beat my son too, but he is getting somewhat bored aswell. I blame that on too much internet chatting and playing to much MMO World of Tanks with his online mates. Direct input of affirmation beats the slower input from a campaign on the teenage mind it seems.
It could also be that because he do not need to write fluffbattles makes him less prone to actually interact.

Do not know were Derek is but I intend to beat him into shape if I can.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2013, 11:05:21 AM »
Like most election campaigns in real life, once the day comes and goes, life returns to a bit of normality.  Its not that this campaign has been boring from my view, in fact its been one of the most entertaining for me.  Its felt a bit like a baseball game, very relaxing with little if any stress, and everynow and then a good bit of excitement.

Its seems the game has been in a bit of a holding pattern over the last two weeks for the winning side, yet at the same time, once a winner of the election was determined, there hasn't been much of a reason to move forward with some things, so in a way its only natural that some folks will drift away.  If Mogs and Rufus are going to keep it going, they might need to turn up the fluff a bit to generate some more interest.  I can see us wrapping things up alittle bit more with some diplomatic roleplaying, both between factions and between factions and NPCs, but then there will need to be some driving story to move the campaign along into its next stage or perhaps as Mogs said, the next campaign.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2013, 04:26:21 PM »

That's not incredibly rude at all.
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2013, 04:36:20 PM »
I managed to beat S.O.F into action too.

I'd hardly call it beat sir.  :-P
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline bsucbe

• Members
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2013, 06:31:53 PM »
I think people are being very unfair to Mogasm and the team, the campaign slowed down post election for reasons no one could have predicted, and from posts we received there were exciting sounding plans. As for the guy saying he was bored and wishes it was over, why stay till the end? and if you didnt stay to the end why feel entitled to post such a harsh and unecessary comment now, it was running well, if you didnt invest in the diplomacy aspect fully then it wont pay out fully. This wasnt a swahbuckling kill everything on the map type thing it had a deeper enjoyment, more fitting to the background.

ReiklanderCaptain

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2013, 07:14:35 PM »
It was and still is a fun campaign.

Unfortunately for me I did not have the time to flesh out Josef as I intended. Also RL is taking its toll and I seem to be the only one still active of my fraction (the last post from another member dates back to nearly 3 weeks ago...maybe 10 messages in 6 weeks). As such its not always easy to juggle the campaign with job and family.

But from what I heard I am not the only one who's faction is not in the best possible shape.

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2013, 07:54:56 PM »
It was definitely a different but fun campaign! I was looking forward to see what would come next. Hey, the candidate we choose to support won! We managed to shake hands with our neighbours, despite having fought with them. And it was grumbling but in the end, we knew more were we had each other than them Middenlanders.

Offline Derek Contyre

• Members
  • Duke of Nueremburg
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2013, 10:36:17 PM »
I liked this campaign, reading the fluff updates every week had me on the edge of my seat, and there are lots of stories for me to write about the battles we have fought in and the shaky shaky diplomacy we had hands and feet in.

The reason I haven't been on is that I moved house again and my new place doesn't have a wireless internet :( looks like I will have to get one of those.
A man who builds his army around his fluff . . . respect . . .  :::cheers:::

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2013, 10:56:39 PM »
I know it is rude Mogsam. For that I'm sorry but I don't mince words, I say how I feel. I just havent felt a... spark... in this campaign that I hoped there would be. I'll get more in to it if you post a feed back thread.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 11:03:06 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!