home

Author Topic: How to make my Empire troops into a descent army.  (Read 2922 times)

Offline S.O.F

• Members
How to make my Empire troops into a descent army.
« on: June 20, 2003, 11:59:47 PM »
Despite owning quite a few Empire minis I have never in the current addition really put them together into a regular force and have only seen the field as fluff related allies for my DOW or on the otherside of the table for games against my cheap friends. So here is my Order of Battle version of my list of my current command and regimental figures as well as un-noted or new stuff I've just picked up:

Fluff note: Kriegsburg is a small City State in the Borderlands midway between Blackfire Pass and Barak Varr. The populace of Kriegsburg is mainly of Southern Imperial stock, with a strong Tilean minority, and communities of Bretonnians and Kislevites. The City is under the rule of my Mercenary General Enrico Pedini since it was saved from Orcs and Goblin raiders after the city fathers fled. The City makes it's money from protecting Dwarf shipping that travels on the adjacent Skull River as well as being providing mercenaries to most of the Petty Kingdoms of the Border Princes. Bohiem was a rival City to the north that came under the control of Kriegburg after it's ambitous and youthful lord attempted to charge tolls on caravan and river travel as well as attempting to annex northern parts of Kriegsburg territory.

Garrison of Kriegsburg and Bohiem
Oberst Johan von Immelburg

Kriegsburg Infantrie Brigade
Hauptman Arnold von Sonnefurt
24 Kriegsburg Halberdiers
24 Kriegsburg Swordsmen
12 Kriegsburg Handgunners*
12 Berg Jeagers (Archers)
20 Kriegsburg Crossbowmen
24 Kriegsburg Landwehr (Free Company)
5 Kriegsburg Schwartz Ritter (Pistoliers)

Bohiem Landwehr Brigade
Hauptman Fredrick von Loningbruck
24 Bohiem Halberdiers
24 Bohiem Swordsmen
12 Bohiem Handgunners*       

Combined Artillery Corps
Enginer Klaus Wiessmann
1 Great Cannon "Karl"
1 Great Cannon "Gustav"
1 Mortar "Dora"
1 Mortar "Thor"
1 Helblaster

*May be disbanded in the near future at my disgust at these damn plastic Handgunners.

In addition I have a newly purchased Warrior Priest of Ulric, a old Celestial Wizard, 8 Mercenary Knights that are the old Rieksguard Models (Herzog's Second Sons DOW name), 10 Mercenary Knights Volands lads that are my Mercenary General's Bodyguard, 24 Mercenary Pikemen that are raised from Kriegsburg but are often off serving in a campaigning army.

So any idea of what I can do with this to make it a viable stand alone list at 2000 to 2500 points.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Vincent of Vega

• Members
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2003, 12:45:20 PM »
Unfortunately, in the 30+ battles I've had in the year or so I've been playing WHFB I have only used the same army twice. While I put  this down the fact that I'm simply learning the game I would now dearly like to play with a regular army. This must take some doing because even when I know who I'm going to play and can tailor my army accordingly I sometimes have difficulty in beating the opposition. So, playing different opposition with the same force is going to be very tough.

So, any information/comments on this topic would be much appreciated.

I love the 'fluff' you've created for your army,  I only wish my WHFB knowledge was sufficient for me to create something similar. All I have is a rather large army from Kaltenbach who tend to favour blasting the enemy from afar with a wide range of projectile weapons.

Alex

aka Vincent of Vega
..Alex

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2003, 01:27:18 PM »
Quote from: Vincent of Vega
All I have is a rather large army from Kaltenbach who tend to favour blasting the enemy from afar with a wide range of projectile weapons.

How very Welsh of you ;)

One other note don't avoid the Halberdiers if anyone has a list suggestion, I have a house rule gives them heavy armour at +1 point, more WYSIWYG with my metal Halberdiers anyway.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan