home

Author Topic: I Just want some small changes  (Read 2391 times)

Offline Empireguard

• Members
I Just want some small changes
« on: July 10, 2009, 06:46:35 AM »
It seems like (but I might be wrong) that I’m one of the few people who don’t want a lot of changes to the new Rule book. Really of the top of my head I would want to see these small things only change.

Great swords
I4, no big deal only helps if you don’t use their greatweapons for some reason or if effected by a spell that requires an I test. But considering Swordsmen are I4 why not greatswords

Engineer.
Something I’m not sure what there have been heaps of ideas  GW can just pick one

Flagellants, B
Bring back T4 (I mean come on these guys beat them self’s up and still live) or something else to make them a little tougher.

Halberdier
Lots of debate about this one, I think don’t change the weapon change the unit, Eg same stats as swordsmen or something like that.

Knights.
The Great weapon did seem to get a double whammy, Loss of Cav hammer to GW, then GW is only Str +1. I think maybe Drop the price of knights by say 4 points then charge people +2pts for a shield and +2 for a Great weapon or +2 points for a lance (or any other point values just make a standard knight cost the same in the end). That way you get cheaper GW knight without a bunch of issues. Plus you have more options (eg you could take cheap knights that are soft on the charge, just a hand weapon)

Steam Tank. Bring back all the old variants just change the point values and maybe wounds to accommodate it.

Another non Gunpower rare unit. I don’t care what, Foot Knights, Halflings, Ogres or maybe just bring in a new DOW rule book.

Make theme list possible I stared a thread about this one just basically, Just basically make it possible to have WP armies, Engineer armies... etc. Give them some advantages and some disadvantages

That’s about all really.

That’s not to say there haven’t been some cool ideas I really liked (like Warlords or WallyTWest ideas on the flaggie Martyr rule change) but most of the ones I like them just changed how it was done not made it more/less powerful.

I just keep seeing thinks like (this is an exaggeration) Give outriders Small thermo nuclear weapons, Make the volley gun shoot laser beams, Have an engineer in a helicopter shooting two mounted Gatling guns with heat seeking missiles, Make knights Str 10 with 32 attacks each...etc. I liek that empire are Just humans fighting against very hard units but use what they can to defend themselves.

Please help create a comprehensive data base of every Wargaming model ever made by clicking here.

Offline Union General

• Members
  • Kicking butt since 1863.
Re: I Just want some small changes
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 03:25:53 PM »
Problem is that if you change the Halberdier stats to the same as Swordsmen, the latter unit would nearly fall into disuse. The Greatswords idea makes perfect sense (seriously) IMHO. Flagellants would be utterly deadly with T4, though I'm not sure how that would affect their ability to have one unit taken as Core. With the Steam Tank variants, running the Sigmar's Hammer into a unit of Blood Knights, well...  :engel:

There are my thoughts.
-The General
I like your thinking  Mr. General  what a Genius

Offline Empireguard

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 01:52:40 AM »
Problem is that if you change the Halberdier stats to the same as Swordsmen, the latter unit would nearly fall into disuse.

Yes that is just one Idea, Really I think they need a small upgrade and there have been a huge number of suggestions for that so no point listing them all. I just think you need to upgrade them not the Halberd

Flagellants would be utterly deadly with T4, though I'm not sure how that would affect their ability to have one unit taken as Core.

Yes but straggly enough people didn’t complain in 3rd ed, maybe because they where a 0-1 Unit. Really I just think they need something to make then a little tougher. I don’t mind what it is, greater toughness an armour save, Some kind of feel no pain rule or anything really
Please help create a comprehensive data base of every Wargaming model ever made by clicking here.

Offline Freman Bloodglaive

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 10:26:47 AM »
I don't see people complaining about Flagellents at all. Make them toughness 4 and at least some might survive in order to attack. How about a 6+ regen as their faith holds them up where others might fall.
"Reason is a thing of God, inasmuch as there is nothing which God the Maker of all has not provided, disposed, ordained by reason - nothing which He has not willed should be handled and understood by reason" Quintus Tertullian