home

Author Topic: Back and enjoying AoS  (Read 3259 times)

Offline undivided.capital

• Members
Back and enjoying AoS
« on: February 01, 2016, 08:04:57 PM »
Hey guys, so I have been playing a lot of AoS lately with friends.

It has been a lot of fun as our group always collected warhammer but never got the time to actually play fantasy. We decided to still go by a points system. We use the ones used here:

http://www.scrollbuilder.com/

The big reason why I am posting is because I always loved this site when I was playing fantasy and now I'm looking for the same kind of site for AoS. Somewhere to show off armies, read tacticas and get opinions on army lists. oh and also stay up on Batreps.

unfortunatly the AoS boards that I have seen seem very unorganized is there any site that I should know about that organizes it better?
Thanks,

Sam Taylor

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Back and enjoying AoS
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 08:25:07 PM »
W-E has a board set aside here for AoS, is that helpful?
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 08:31:56 PM »
I'm not aware of any proper AoS forums.  A couple of the early ones gave up from wave after wave of rage trolls.   The dust has settled to some extent, though the divisions remain.     There is a healthy group on Facebook,  that has managed to keep out the haters,  and it's  positive and encouraging.   This subforum is probably the next best place I know of.   Just make sure about AoS in the AoS subforum, and not in the WFB parts.   It did get nasty here for a while, which was a shame, until this subforum was created, but it's better now.   Although it's not as busy a place as it once was.

I find I'm playing AoS a lot more, and not so much WFB any more, and it would be nice to talk tactics, rules and stuff more.

Sent from my thingamajig via wadyamacallit

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 08:56:16 PM »
Sounds like its best just to stay here then! Thanks guys.

I hope the admin decide to split out the AoS stuff into more categories soon!

As I said I have always loved the forums here.

Thanks again
Thanks,

Sam Taylor

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 11:03:46 PM »
Welcome, yes besides the FB groups this one is one of the better with lots of information. I do hope to have some more traffic here and more posters to encourage more subthreads.

You can also look at Lustria-online.com they have a very good AoS section also, but a bit more focussed on Seraphon.

I do hope to get this place an up and running home for both Stormcast and Free People.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 12:07:11 AM »
Part of the issue is probably that they haven't released the so-called Free People, but once they do, suspect this might see some more traffic.

Sorry, but the Stormcasts just aren't cutting it for some folks, and that isn't likely to change much here unless future "Free People" players also have Stormcast armies.

We'll see.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 07:41:53 AM »
I know the wood elf forum, Asrai.org, that I am a mod on will be shut down because of the total lack of anything about the elves. The larger elven forums seems a little better of. Had there been a release of the Aelves within half a year, I think we might have survived but it did not. The Sylvaneth simply did not appeal. For most people, the elves were the main thing and the dryads and treemen simply some extra favour.

Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 07:42:44 AM »
Part of the issue is probably that they haven't released the so-called Free People, but once they do, suspect this might see some more traffic.

Sorry, but the Stormcasts just aren't cutting it for some folks, and that isn't likely to change much here unless future "Free People" players also have Stormcast armies.

We'll see.

About the not yet released/repacked in any combination of the Free People is indeed the problem about the traffic here. Hope it will increase once more is revealed.

Now it might not seem that the Stormcast are "cutting" it, but I do see lots of projects through the FB groups I'm in. I think it's more new people into them then the people that where already into WHFB. I'll see if I can get some of those FB dudes over here posting.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 07:43:26 AM »
I know the wood elf forum, Asrai.org, that I am a mod on will be shut down because of the total lack of anything about the elves. The larger elven forums seems a little better of. Had there been a release of the Aelves within half a year, I think we might have survived but it did not. The Sylvaneth simply did not appeal. For most people, the elves were the main thing and the dryads and treemen simply some extra favour.

Ow that is unfortunate!  :icon_sad:

Offline Calisson

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • From Druchii.net
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 04:30:34 AM »
Sorry to keep the off-topic running, but Asrai.org will be saved.
With Ulthuan.net and Druchii.net, all three elven forums will take the same host.
Asrai, Ulthuan and Druchii websites
In the process, there might even be some merging!
So Mathi, you might keep your other job!

<feeling strange to discuss this topic on W-E...>

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 11:43:30 AM »

Ow that is unfortunate!  :icon_sad:

I'd love to see some financial figures of GW, then we can see what else might be shut down.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 11:43:48 PM »
I'd love to see some financial figures of GW, then we can see what else might be shut down.

They released a quarterly statement just after the new year, but it didn't tell much. 40K and AoS were not specified, for example.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 05:56:48 PM »

We'll see.
About the not yet released/repacked in any combination of the Free People is indeed the problem about the traffic here. Hope it will increase once more is revealed.

Now it might not seem that the Stormcast are "cutting" it, but I do see lots of projects through the FB groups I'm in. I think it's more new people into them then the people that where already into WHFB. I'll see if I can get some of those FB dudes over here posting.
I'm not sure how much the so-called "Free People" will impact traffic, we'll see.

As for the Stormcasts, my comment included "for some folks".  :icon_wink:

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 09:14:40 PM »
If internet activity is an indicator at all, AoS is on life support far more than WFB ever was.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2016, 11:52:27 PM »
If internet activity is an indicator at all, AoS is on life support far more than WFB ever was.

Well from a forum sense I concur, but as Steg said there seems to be an active facebook group. Maybe forums are too fusty and old for folks but I don't know how you keep a near as organized conversation on facebook as one can in a forum.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 03:45:43 AM »
@Undivided.capital, great to hear that AoS has been well received by you and your friends!  :smile2:

If your looking for a good AoS forum then you should give Dakkadakka a shot. Lots of great content over there and with only a small minimum on AoS arguments.

The kings of AoS over there are MongooseMatt and Bottles, their AoS projects are a treat for the eyes and they give great novel recommendations as well as MongooseMatt's battletome reviews.

Hope that helps!
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

• Members
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2016, 12:51:16 AM »

It's interesting to me that the internet activity is so low! All I am seeing people play recently is AoS or actually I've been seeing a lot of players pick up the Hobbit for their strtegy fix. I haven't seen any tournaments for Fantasy survive in my area. (I know some have in NA but not in our area)

Also thanks very much Baron! I will check out that site.
Thanks,

Sam Taylor

Offline Jobume

• Members
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2016, 11:40:21 PM »
Hi! Nice to hear more people getting in to AoS. I'm also enjoying it very much. Would love to find a place to get some list discussions for Empire going. Also, not sure if this place is the best place to post battle reports for AoS, or if this forum should be considerad an 8th/9th-forum.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2016, 05:53:58 PM »
Feel free to post your battles and lists! This site is open to all of GW's games! :smile2:

If you feel like it you can even show your models on the painting section or even put up your army's fluff.

"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

• Members
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2016, 11:29:01 PM »
Feel free to post your battles and lists! This site is open to all of GW's games! :smile2:

If you feel like it you can even show your models on the painting section or even put up your army's fluff.

Indeed, and this sections (for now) is all about AoS!