home

Author Topic: Missing man 'o war? Try Pirates of the Spanish Main.  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Missing man 'o war? Try Pirates of the Spanish Main.
« on: August 01, 2004, 12:06:18 AM »
This might be of some interest to those missing the good old days of man o’ war if even just for the sip models (not that they’re metal or anything) – I saw it in a comic store the other day and thought it looked neat, I haven’t played it yet though or bought it but I plan to.
This is the website: http://www.wizkidsgames.com/pirates/pirates_article.asp?cid=38943
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 10:49:38 AM »
Though the game mechanics excite me (Sailing ship battles yah!) I'm a bit worried about the life expectancy of those ships. Cardboard being cardboard I don't see them surviving little accidents without any wear or tear.
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Der Komet

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 07:33:45 AM »
I've played it and it's so much fun!
It appeals to me so much because it is so cheap and simple yet very enjoyable.
The whole game (measuring tape, cannon range, ship stats and special rules) are all on a card the size of your palm and the ships do last as it is sturdy cardboard and you just pull them to pieces and fit them back into the afore mentioned card when you are finished playing.
It is fast paced swashbuckling action and all you need is a small table to play on.The game doesnt take too long to play either.However for its simplicity it is not as detailed as other games but hey you cant win 'em all :lol:.
I highly recomend it.  :-D
If everything seems to be going well then you obviously don't know what the hells going on.~(Murpheys law)

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2004, 07:17:23 PM »
Cool, I'll have to get back to that comic shop!
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.