home

Author Topic: Honor and death (EDITED)  (Read 5932 times)

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• Members
  • Just jiven'
Honor and death (EDITED)
« on: June 06, 2009, 08:52:59 AM »
Hay there! I figger it's time too wright a story,now as I am bad at spelling bear with me

Chapter One
The begining

"So did you get my shipment yet?" asked Willhelm Tarvin
"Yes m'lord I did,royal blue coat and bronze amour with gold and silver trim,along with a double-barrrled pistol made of oke and the fineist iorn just as you aksed,now if you could come with me around back to the storage yard we can...."
"No,I need it delivered"
"Allright,where too?"
"Bohen,I will be there too help defend the place from Orks"
"Hah! Bohen has not been under threat by Orks for years! How can it be now?!"
"It is and that is all that matters,now I want my things too be there,got it?"
"Yes m'lord"
"Good man"
The foppish nobleman put down 5 gold crowns and left never too come back

Willhelm Tarvin walked threw the streets of Wurtbad with a brisk steep too his feet,
he was not looking and kocked over Joham Bowdy's ale witch was on the street as was the the drunk who was right outside on the steeps of the Broken Fingers tavern witch was the norm,Willhelm looked down at the fumeing mad commoner.
"You two bit dandy! You spilt my ale!" Bowdy said drunkenley looking up at him
"Shutup you Dunken Whoremonger!"
Bowdy froze "What did you just call me?"
"I said shutup! Now get yourself sober I need you fit for battle not bar brawls!"
Bowdy shot up and threw a punch at Tarvin then but Tarvin side steped,them slamed his knee in too Bowdy's gut.
The man fell back against the wall of the bar
"Why you little...you...you buy me a new...ale...you"
Then Bowdy vomited all over his boots then promtley passed out,falling too the ground
with a heavy thump.
Tarvin sighed,like him the man was a captain of the Empire,unlike him however he just commanded a sub-human rabble of millita.He was also poor,low born and a bastard son of a town wachman and a young serving gril at this very tavern Tarvin now stood in front of.Also unlike Tarvin he was of middleing years with a thick and grubby salt and pepper beard and hair with drity garb and stained greatcoat covered with less than pleasant substances that Tarvin did not want too think about.Tarvin however was young,tall and clean shaven .He wore a long cloke with a fethered hat,with sfot leather boots and silk shrit and pants.A dandy.He did not mind admiting it,after all if you had as much money as he did that why not drees smartley and indulge yourself a little? He sighed again he then draged Bowdy too the barracks for him too start sobering up

So theres the frist part of chapter one hoped you like it :happy:
Oh and if your wondering this story will be like the Alamo
(EDIT:Some of it has been fixed now)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 08:23:39 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!

Offline Riis

• Members
Re: Hornor and death
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 08:22:55 AM »
Hi captain dob van Dwi,
It is always great to see new people writing stories, and the starting plot of this one is a promising one. That said, I get the feeling when reading it, that some parts of it has been a little rushed. Take the time it needs to make it an enjoying read.

Make sure you use the space button after a comma for one thing. And get en english spell checker on the computer, lots of words in there thats not in the english language at all.

"Yes m'lord I did,royal blue coat and bronze amour with gold and silver trim,along with a double-barrrled pistol made of oke and the fineist iorn just as you aksed,now if you could come with me too pick it up we can..."

Try and read it. And whats with this merchant, we does he speak like yoda "pick it up we can?"

The scene where Tarvin pumps into Bowdy could easily be some 500 words longer. I would have prefered if say, you first described how he bumped into some one. Then a very breif describtion of the man, and then how the beer is spilled, and then drunkard pass out during a fit of rage.
However i do like the part where Tarvin muses about how much better he is.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 10:19:16 PM »
"When we can"?It was too be "When you can"
And yes I could have made it longer yes but I wright of the seet of my pants most of the time in 3:00 in the morning :smile2:

Offline Captain Tineal

• Members
  • You will join me or die! Could you do any less?
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 01:05:35 PM »
"When we can"?It was too be "When you can"
And yes I could have made it longer yes but I wright of the seet of my pants most of the time in 3:00 in the morning :smile2:

So go back and flesh it out now!  :::cheers:::

Also, you definitely need to hit the Spell Check button.  It will help a tremendous amount.
I don't know what a pisolires is but it sounds like a musical instrument you play with urine...

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 07:47:06 PM »
Do try the spell checking thing. You see although you might understand what each part means, and what each word is, everyone else will struggle. Even other people who don't spell so well will struggle, because no doubt their own mispellings would be different.

The bad spelling and grammar stopped me reading it, which definitely would not have happened if it had been in better English.

Do beware that the spell check won't do everything for you. Like the way you use the word 'too' instead of 'to'. Spell check won't notice that because it is the correct way to spell the wrong word! Oh, and your thread title is mispelled. In British English it's 'honour', in American English it's 'honor'.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 08:31:54 AM by Padre »
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
Re: Honor and death (EDITED)
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 02:02:26 AM »
I liked it.

Though perhaps you want to put a bit more effort into the spelling.

It doesn't read too bad despite the grammar, but definitely a bit more attention to that kind of detail will get you more praises.

When is the next installment?
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 03:18:52 AM »
"When is the next installment" Haha it's right now! It's shorter that the other one sorry for that btw.

Bowdy was rideing with the rest of his boys behinde Tarvin's Stirlander state troopers, the bright green and yelow uniforms made his eyes feel like they were burning. Thinking about Tarvin again he cursed. The man was ass on every level!!
How he was still able to work with him was a mystery to him. He looked to where Tarvin was riding with his fellows, his brother Ergun and his best friend Wather Dweber. Tarvin was the most dandy like of all of them however, with thigh high boots and sleeves so puffy he could have hidden a fat woman up them. The smell of his perfumed and oiled hair was makeing Bowdy's nose run. Looking over Tarvin's army of spearmen and crossbow men and those few handgunners, he let out a sigh, if Tarvin was right about one thing it was that Bowdy's men were scum and to add to that they were underequipped and poor fighters. The best weapon they had was a sword and most were armed with clubs, axes, short spears, daggers and maybe just maybe a crude pistol or two. How long they would last he had no idea. He sighed again.
Bowdy begain to toy with his long knife, wich made him feel better as it allways did, flipping it from hilt to tip over and over again. He had always considerd himself a knife fighter, now if he could get colse to the two-bit, pompous ass, dandy with it.

I was thinking of adding myself to this story what do you guys think?
Oh and more might come to night we will see.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 01:34:05 AM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 06:43:41 AM »
Hay there here is the next part of the story

Chapter 2
Harvest Feast

Detrich Cralcan stalked his pray. The deer was grazeing on a small patch of grass neer some trees. He lifted his bow and fired. The deer took the arrow in the eye and fell.
"Nice shot Detrich!" said Greel. Like him Greel was a fine huntsman but not as good a shot as he was.
"Thanks" he replied as he steped over the deer's body. Detrich then choped off part of one of the deers antlers with his wood axe and stuffed it in to his belt. Then pulling out his hunting knife, he guted it. He and Greel then pulled the carcass back to there camp. The huntsmen's camp was small, as, other than him and Greel there were 8 other men in the camp. They were from all sorts of places but most like Greel, were from Stirland, Detrich himself was from Ostland, and two or four were from Averland and Ostermark. Detrich, like the rest bearded and had long hair, as, out in the wildes you didin't have time to shave or get a trim. He was not a small man, most of his size was due to fat but there was some muscle there too. He was also on the wrong side of forty and was "as gruff and grumpy as a Dwarf longbeard" as his fellows would say. He srached his orange beard and looked around, and saw Greel trip on a rock and fall face frist in the mud. Comeing up quickly spiting out mud, he begain to rage and rant about how the rock should not have been there, his friends, Harkim and Anton laughed at this. Seeing the boy rant made Detrich break out in one of his characteristic toothy grins, his dark blue eyes twinkled with amusment. As Greel stoped his rant the huntsmen packed up there camp, sholdered there kills and made there way back to the town of Hassinglen for the fall harvest feast, Detrich felt rather than saw that something was wrong but what? Ah it must have been his old mind geeting to him. As it turned out later this was not the case.

More to come :happy:

« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 06:47:15 AM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 02:05:03 AM »
Chapter 2 (CON)

As Detrich and his huntsmen walked back in to Hassenglen they where meet with an odd sight. In the village square a tall thin nobleman with outrageously accented shirt
stood on a box giving an inspiring speech about how he need the towns peoples help in defending the small town of Bohen. Detrich frowned. Bohen had not been under threat for years. If what the fop was saying were true then there was something amiss.
"Hold on to this" he said, and handed the deer to Anton who had only caught a few rabbets, witch where strapped to his belt. The younger man hefted the deer carcass with ease. Ah the strength of youth thought Detrich.
" I will meet with the rest of you later I'm going to see what the dandy has to say"

"And so then friends we will turn back the orkish scum with steel ans blood! We can not let them destroy our lands with no Resistance!"
"NO!"the crowd roared back
"NO! We will not!" Tarven bellowed back
"So then dear friends will you help me?!"
A great cheer arose from the crowd. Bowdy roled his eyes. He han seen such things before the people that would come would just run when they saw an ork. Hell he was petty sure that didint' even understand the words he was using. He just hoped it would be what they needed.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 08:16:00 AM »
No reply at all? None? Wow am I really that bad a wrighter?

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 10:04:20 PM »
(chapter two con)
Bowdy walked along the streets of Hasseiglen, after Tarven's Little speech he had received 34 new solders to add to his 50 militiamen. He had just spent the last 3 hours trying to arm the new volunteers with whatever he could find. After awhile however he had given up trying to find any useful weapons and simply armed the last 23 new volunteers with big sticks he and his second in command, Hecler, had found out in the trees. Damn! Tarven would be all over him like white on rice when he found out that he could not equip all of them with at least half good weapons. He had found some shields though, a third of his men now had some protection. That had to count for something right? His back cracked alarmingly.
"Taal's blood I'm getting to old for this" he said
"Indeed" said a new voice from behind him
Bowdy spun around his hand already on his knife. He paused when he saw a face he thought he would never see again.
"Detrich!'
"Hello Joham" Cralcan said with one of his big grins.
Bowdy walked up and shook his oldest friends hand. Bowdy looked him up and down. Where there had been a clean shaved, handsum face before, there was now a large red beard. There also seemed to be a lot more girth there as well.
"Your lookin' good old friend" Bowdy said
"Yes I'm feeling good as well. You on the otherhand look as though you have been without food for weeks! What happend to ya?"
"Got sick"
"Oh ya? Still that way?"
"Afrade so"
"Humm. To bad you used to be one hell of a bar brawler" Detrich said with a smile, he sighed "Ah, the good old days eh?"
"Heh. If you say so"
They broke there hand shake and walked along the rode to the tavern
After a moment Detrich spoke again
"So who's this dumb ass saying Bohen is at risk?"
"That dumb ass's name is Captain Willhelm Tarven, worthless two bit dandy. He seems to think he the Emperor's son and can do what ever he wants. He is right though, Bohen is under threat by orks"
"Ah, so then you take this bastard's words for truth then?"
"I do"
"Good, so do I. Enough about war though lets get drunk out of our tiny minds and then we can talk some more! It is harvest feast after all!"
"How could I forget? It was in a harvest feast that I met you for the first time" Bowdy said
With that they walked in to the tavern and the drinking began

I might post some latter on to knight. I think this one was the best one yet. What about guys?

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 05:52:10 AM »
Dose anybody read this anymore? Oh well. Anyway this part is more about Bowdy's fighting style

(chapter two con)
Bowdy opened his eyes, or left eye to be exact. He smelt blood. He lifted his hand up to his head and found a gash the size of a small castle up there, that was going to hurt later. He winced as he remembered he had been hit in the head with a stool in the bar fight. Well that accounted for why his head felt like it had been ran over by a steam tank. That was most likely why his right eye would not open, it must have been crusted over with his blood. He tried to stand but his legs crumpled and he fell to his knees and threw up...... again. He looked around and found a shred of cloth on the bar room flore. He picked it up and saw it was from the shirt of a man who looked to have a knife in his head. Bowdy knife. He shrugged and wound the strip around his head.
"Detrich?" he called his voice horse. Gods felt like he had been breathing put of a Norseman's armpit for the past week
Detrich's head swam up in to his line of sight, a bid grin was on his face.
"So your up!" he said to loudly "how the hell are you?" his voice full of amusement.
"Shut up"
"What happend Joham? What started this bullcrap?"
"You don't know?"
"I fell asleep, remember?"
"Oh ya. Well I wish I could tell you but I forget"
Bowdy got up and walked over to the dead man and pulled his knife from his skull with effort. He wiped off the blade and put it back in his belt. Only one guy dead this time? Well thats a new one he thought.
It was only then that he herd the crys of fear
"What the he....." it was then that the bell on the temple of Sigmar began to toll
"Thats the warning bell! Quick out side!" Detrich said and was out the door before Bowdy could even think about what was happening. Gods, he may have gotten big but the man could still move like lightning
Bowdy got sluggishly out the door and looked up, his headache then dissipated.
Hassinglen was on fire
People were running and shouting. Some were fighting. Some were trying to put out the blaze. It was then he saw a huge greenskin lift a man up and bite his head of. Bowdy looked on in horror as he herd the man's skull crack.
The ork then looked at him.
"Oh balls" he said
The ork ran right him. At the pace it was going he could tell that if he ran he would not get to far before it was on him. He he fought it one on one, fair and square, he would get a ork blade in his head. So instead he backed up in to the tavern's door way and drew his knife. The ork was on him at this point and as it swung it's axe at him, at it fell, Bowdy backed up, threw the door way and the blade hit the door frame and stuck itself there. He then darted forward and stabbed his knife in to the orks left leg, hoping to slow it's movements. However this had the side effect of making the ork stumble causing a wrenching motion that got the blade free from the door frame.
"Oh balls" he said again. Maybe that had not been one of his best ideas.
The ork charged in to the bar room and looked around, spotting Bowdy it bellowed at him. He had backed up to the body of the man he had killed and looked at it. I only got one chance at this he thought. The ork was charging at him again but this time a little slower due to it's leg wound but it was still to fast. He waited, standing still, as the ork came within the last few feet, raising it cleaver, about to cut him down the middle, he tossed, or more precisely heaved the body in to the cleavers path, while in the same movement backed up a step. He watched as it was cut down the center, it's guts falling out for show to the world. The ork seemed confused as it looked at the allready dead man, the man it had not been trying too kill. Bowdy needed no more time, that he had backed up a few steps again, and ten promptly kicked a bar stool in to the ork's face, breaking it's nose, the ork's hands shot up and it covered it's face, by that time however Bowdy was on it faster than Tarven putting on his perfume and rammed his knife under the orks chin and in to it's tiny brain in a gout of blood. The ork fell, dead as a stone.
"Well, I think that deserves a drink" he said
"No time for that" Detrich said. His bow was in his hands, he tossed Bowdy a pistol
"Why?"
"Theres more coming"

Hope you liked it

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 11:26:30 PM »
No coments at all? I should just give up right?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 11:29:39 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 06:10:28 PM »
I know I have not posted in a LONG time on this I have just not felt any reason why I should. But I want to keep going anyway as I would like to get this finished.

Stirland. early winter, 2524

Willhelm Tarven rode along the rode with his head held high with his brother Ergun and his best friend Wather rideing along side.
The small battle in Hassinglen had been some thing of a set back, but Tarven had ralleyed his men and pushed the orcs back. For helping them 20 more towns foke had joined up with Tarven's army.

Thinking about them he looked back at Bowdy's scum. Bowdy himself rode in front of his rabble talking to his friend Detrich. Cralcan and his archers had joined up right after the battle.

Tarven sighed. Just what he needed more useless scum.

Beside him Wather voiced Tarven's thoughts.

"So what do you think of Bowdy's friend?" he said with a snarl
"Him?" Ergun said "usefull, friendly, but in the end, just a  low borne like Bowdy"
"Agreed" Tarven and Wather said at the same time.
"So?" Ergun said after a wile "What do we do with them?"
"We keep them sweet for now" Tarven said "The last thing we want is them to do is leave us out to dry"
"And if the attacks on Bohen be come to much for us to handle?" Asked Wather
"We leave Bowdy's millta, hired swords and consrpits behind to act as meat shields, while we take what ever state troopers we have in our pokets then take whatever loot we can carry and let better leaders than us kill the orks while we sip wine in our homes" Tarven said
"And what if we can't do that?" Ergun asked
"Then we take the gols and raise a better more well trained army and lead it against the foe" Tarven said
Wather and Ergun nodded in agreement

A little behind the three young lords, rideing on a small poney was a middle aged man in pacth works robes. He stroked his trim bread with frayed nervs. Light wizard Hieronymus Gross had overherd the young lords and knew that he would have to do something if it came to that.

I hope you enjoyed it
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 06:16:24 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 04:33:47 PM »
Chapter 3
Sticks and Stones

Stirland. Village of Bohen. Early winter 2524

General Jockam von Neiler stood next to the small barracks of Bohen looking up at the sky. He flinched as the suns rays stabbed his eyes. He reached up and rubbed his bad right eye. It had half clouded over with cateracts and now he could not barely see out of it.
It was early morning, frost coverd the ground. Winter was on it's way. Even though the snow had yet to fly it felt like ice had frozen the air. The wind a biteing gale. At least van Neiler's large, gray and well curled moustache kept his face warm.
He herd foot steps behind him and turned to see a well dressed dandy walking up to meet him.

As Tarven walked up the steps to on the wall to meet General van Neiler he was sturck by how old the man was he did not look like the heroic leader that he had herd about.
When he griped his hand and looked in to his good eye he saw that he was wrong. The man had an air about that made him feel like they could win.

"You must be Willhelm" He said
"I am sir" Tarven said
"Well you don't have to call me that now"
"Sir?" Tarven asked
"That will come in a minute" He said "So what do you think of the place?"
"I think it's well armed" Tarven said refuring to all the big guns he had seen.
"HA! That it is lad" van Neiler said with a smile He pointed to the east "Over there on top of the Temple of Sigmar we have two 9 pound mortars"
He then pointed behind them to the small barracks they were next to. "Here to the south we have this thing. It's small for a barracks but it will do. Used to be the town watch's headquarters. As you can see we have been able to put our largest cannon, a Great Cannon from the Gunnery School, on top so we can get the best range out of it"

During his talk he had walked over to a small cannon.

"And here we have this little 6 pound girl fron Tilea, well be putting it on the stockade when Master Thorgrimsson is done with it" he said pointing to a small round Dwarf ploshing a pair of gold rimed glasses. He had done good for what Tarven could see. The long wooden wall plugged the long gap betwen the Temple and the barracks.

"And over there we have the new Barracks that was built two years ago" said van Neiler pointing to the west. This barracks was slightly larger with a small 7 foot high wall around it. "Thats where most of the village folk who don't want to fight will stay. The Watch will take good care of them I'm sure, aswell as aid in the defence so you won't have to worry about them"

He then pointed to the larger barracks roof

"We allso have a 8 pounder and one 6 pounder up there" he said "Their from Estila so don't trust them as I have no Idea what gunpowder weapons are like down there"
"And the gaps betwen the temple and the large barracks?" Tarven asked
"How maney men have you got?"
"83 millita, 25 spears, 15 handgunnders, 20 crossbows, 20 archers, 15 swordsmen, and the count even loaned me 30 Scarlet Guard. So all in all 208 men and two other captain besides me."
The general bit his lower lip and crossed his arms deep in thought
"Might be a problem but you should be able to do it."
"Me?"
"I'm leaving in the morning to get renforcements"
Tarven was about to protest but van Neiler cut him off
"I know, I know. Forting up is not a hot shot pistoliers's dream but your the best choice. I would have picked Bowdy but he is drunk half the time
and Detrich has no clue of how to defend this place. He is a woodsmen not a warrior"
"Yes sir" Was all Tarven could say the thought that this great man had even thought of putting a man like Bowdy in command made Tarven think a little less of the man
"Good" von Neiler said. With that he turned and whent to his horse wich was hiched up at what must have passed for a stable and rode out of Bohen, his body guards falling in behind him

Hope you guys enjoyed it

« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 03:45:23 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 11:21:14 AM »
Woot! The next part!

Stirland, the village of Bohen,  early winter 2524

Bowdy downed his thred drink with gusto and slamed it back on the table. The bar maid poured him another drink.
"So what do you think sir?" asked a young merc sitting next to him
"Think what?" he replied
"Will be able to win of course!" the young man laughed
Bowdy's bearded face split with smile.
"With no problems lad" he lied "We will send their green arsses to whatever gods they worship"
The young man smiled at his words.
Young and foolish Bowdy thought If only I was that age again!. He hated lieing to his boys but it was good for moral.
"Captain....." said Tarven's voice interupting his mood
"What do you want sir?"
"Show some respect to your commander!" Tarven snapped
Bowdy turned confuesed. Then he saw the iorn star on Tarven's puffy shirt.
"Well my my Willy you moveing up in the world you got command now!" Bowdy said bitterly "You better put on them long britches!"
Bowdy's men broke in to laughter at his comment.
Tarven's nostrels flared
"Scum! I sould have you flogged for that!"
"But you won't" Bowdy replied looking straight up at Tarven from his chair "You still need me boy, you can't do shit"
"You dare!?!" Tarven said reaching for his sword
Bowdy despite being drunk flew out of his chair and took Tarven's sword arm in his right and his kneck in his left and shoved him back against the wall.
"Yes I do"
Hate glittered in Tarven's eyes
"Scum! You piss rotten bastard! Unhand one of your betters!"
"Betters?" Bowdy asked with menace
"Yes you low born pice of filth! My father was one one of the greatest generals in the Empire! Second cousin to The Graff! My father if he were here..."
Bowdy punched him in the face
"Would be a better leader and respect his men and perhaps get respect in return" Bowdy said
"Show respect to you and your piss born rabble? NO! My father...."
Bowdy punched him in the face again
"Was a better man then you will ever be! You piss on his name by acting like you do!" Bowdy raged
Tarven was about to say something again but Bowdy pushed him too the floor and kicked him in the gut
"Shut up and stay down" he said "You father was a real man and unlike you he knew his shit, he could do things you could not even dream of doing.
I should know I served in eight campagins with him. Yes I knew him we were both the same age at the time."
Tarven said nothing as he watched Bowdy's eyes mist over.
"Yes a great man. He knew what to say and when to say it and he respested his troops, low and high borne alike"
"Oh yes" He said looking down at Tarven "he respected even me. Did you know I was captian of his best swordsmen at the time?" He smiled at seeing the shock on Tarven's face "No? Well it might interest you to know that I was given my posting by your father himself! Infact he showed me much respect indeed as I was soon promoted to hold his banner! The same banner that your brother holds proudly!"
Tarven was stunned. His father had favoured this man? A low borne? His esteam of his father dropped like a rock in a pool of water.
How had his father, a man who he deeply loved dropped so low?
"I take it, by the look on your face that you find this hard to beleave" Bowdy said. He kneeled down next to Tarven and drew his dagger from his belt and showed it to him. "You see this?" he asked
Tarven could just see it in the half light. It was the first time that he had caught a close up look at the blade. He had thought that it was just a big knife at first but through all the grime he could now see the fine worksmanship. On the dark blood stained blade were the words "For long servace and heroics may you wield this blade with skill in the name of Sigmar and Morr"
Bowdy then spoke. His words were one that Tarven thought he would never here not only that but it confirmed his fears.
For on this blade was the Tarven family crest.
Tarven looked up at his in shock
"Yes thats right. This was a gift from your father"
Tarven looked down.
"If you were more like him and did the right thing and showed respect, honor and leadership them maybe just maybe I might follow you. But as it is you just a little horse shit that dosen't have a clue what he is doing. I pity your father for raising shuch a foolish son"
With that Bowdy left the tavern and left Tarven stareing at the grime on the floor

Offline Le Pistolet

• Members
  • Sonnefurt's Scribe
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 12:47:15 PM »
Just had a quick read of this, and was very intrigued.

The first parts were hard to read but you seem to have developed this over the time you've been writing and it had improved drastically, it is less difficult to read and more enjoyable to do so.

I like your dialogue, it is something I personally find hard to do, and prefer to use reported speech or just short passages of spoken words but it really adds personality to your characters.

Keep up the good work.
The Barony of Sonnefurt - My Army Background

Sonnefurt in Flames- An Epic Tale of Sonnefurt

Le Pistolet's Monotonous Wissenland Log- My Minis

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 01:14:21 PM »
Thanks! I will write up some more soon

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2011, 11:28:35 PM »
Chapter 5
Sighting the Foe

Detrich watched as his archers and huntsmen shot the small targets in the town square. He smiled, these archers, these people from Bohen, that he had been put in command of weren't bad. Nat bad at all. Hardly shocking as a large thicket of trees was nearby. This young men and women had the makeings of great huntsmen.
If they lived that was.
His face turned grim. He had seen some of the horde with his own eyes on one of his souting trips and he knew that they would be slightly outnumbered.
Still, it probably would not be all that bad. Just let the green buggers come down on him and hid boys He thought another big grin breaking through his great beard.
And he knew......
"Cralcan!"
He sighed..... just where to make his stand
He ran to the larger barracks where Tarven had set up shop.
It pissed Detrich off that the commander had osted the towns folk and taken their best shelter for him self. He had then pushed the towns folk in too the then very cramped smaller barracks.
Out of the goodness of his heart of hearts Detrich had moved his men out of the Temple of Sigmar and set up some tents for himself and his boys to make room for the people. Father Gartash had been overjoyed too see this act of goodness and had thanked Detrich from the bottem of his heart and let the people in without complaint.
Detrich's smile grew even bigger. He loved doing good deeds.
Upon reaching Tarven's place of command he straightend his cloke and shirt, and took out a come and preened his beard and walked in.
Tarven was sitting on his chair in the middle of the main room wich had become the place where they talked about plans and shuch stuff.
Tarven look it up.
"Detrich I herd you men are doing good. Thats some of the best news I have herd in a bit"
"Thanks you sir"
"That was not a complment. Now I called you in as I have made up my mind that your men will defend the stockade"
"The stockade? You mean that little old pile of sticks over there?" Detrich asked pointing
"Is there a problem?" Now a little miffed at the big man
"No that was where I was going to ask you to put us"
"I see. Well anyway if you could see maning the walls that would be a great help"
"All righty then" he replied "You know I think that we need at least 108 men to man that wall"
"and we should have a hand gunn for evrey 5 feet of wall......"
"I think we need more me....."
Just then the Temple bell started ringing.
Detrich and Tarven rushed out of the building and met up with Bowdy who was also dashing across the sterrt. Reashing the temple they started up the steps and made it to the top the the roof just in time to the see the orcs bursting from the trees.
Greenskin upon greenskin poured from the woods and the tide seemed never ending. All ready there were more that Detrich had seen.
"Yup" he said to himself 'we are REALLY going to need more men"
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 11:31:06 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

Offline Le Pistolet

• Members
  • Sonnefurt's Scribe
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2011, 04:30:34 PM »
Nice work, could do with a spellcheck, but I suppose things like 'herd' instead of 'heard' slip through the computer from time to time.

It's getting tense though, waiting for the actual attack now  :-D
The Barony of Sonnefurt - My Army Background

Sonnefurt in Flames- An Epic Tale of Sonnefurt

Le Pistolet's Monotonous Wissenland Log- My Minis

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2011, 06:23:20 PM »
Ya I see a few flaws in there. Mainly cause a type to fast for forget something. Thanks for the comment btw.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
Re: Honor and Death
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 09:37:39 AM »
Chaper Six
Orders

Bowdy walked towards his Free Company men and begain to scan them for the man he was looking for.
"Silva!" he called
A young man wearing a heavy sleevless coat and sporting a thin, young man's beard and moustache, got up from his seat with his six friends and walked over.
"Sir" He said shakeing Bowdy's held out hand

Otto Silva was young, half Tilean, lad of about nineteen or twenty summers from southern Wissenland and an ex-roadwarden. He had been rather taken by his fathers storys and had soon gave up being a man of the law and fllowed his fathers path, and dragging his friends with him. The others had taken to calling them "Silva's Lads" as the others had rarely seen the seven young men apart.
He did not know much about them exsept that one of them was from Nuln, two were brothers were from the Border Princes and the other three were Silva's life long friends from his home town.

Silva was a rather short lad with a slighty rounded frame, coupled with heavy farmer's muscles that covered his arms like slabs. As he shook Bowdy's hand he was reminded of the vice like had shakes of dwarves. At least Silva did not make his face feel like it was about to snap.

Shakeing his hand behind his back after Silva let go, Bowdy drew Silva to the side of a shed out of his fellows hearing.
"I'm not quite sure how to put this" he bagian haltingly 'but..." He realised then that his left hand was strokeing his beard while hid right was locked tightly around the hilt od Old Man Tarven's knife, he was nervous he realised, "but you cant be here, not right now." he said wincing as he saw the lad's face fall
"Why? I can Fight an...." Silva begain
"Let me finnish" Bowdy said cutting him off "You are the best rider I know and the only rider I trust"
"You want me to ride out?" Silva asked agast
"Yes. The roads are still clear, well at least simi-clear, despite all those green bastards out there, I know you can get through"
"But... it... it..." Silva spluttered "No! Morr and Sigmar damn it no! My place is here! And another thing...."
Bowdy smiled despite himself as the young man ranted. Though he was angered slighty at the lad talking back to him he could not help but admire his stuberness The lad would make a great captain of spear one day Bowdy thought

"You... your... your smileing!?!" Silva said "I have no choice in this matter do I?"
"No lad you don't" Bowdy replied still smileing
"Where?" Silva asked simply
"Wurtbad"
Silva's head came up "You want me to find "Old General One Eye"?"
"Yes, I want you to find von Neiler. Without him and his renforcements were done for" Bowdy confirmed turning and begining to walk away "Now Hop to it!"
"Sir?" Silva asked
Stopping Bowdy turned and raised an eye brow
"Wnat if one of Tarven all ready had the same idea or what if one of them spots me and follows?"
Bowdy stroked his beard agin nad thought. He had not even considered that.
He sighed
"Kill him"
"What??" asked a now very horrorfied Silva
"You herd me"
"But why?"
"Think about it! Tarven may very well have struck upon the same idea as me but do you think it's likely that that little arrogant snot would realy send for renforcements?"
"No" Silva consieded "Porbably not"
"Right so what would he send a rider for?"
"I don't know"
"To act as a scout for a place to hide should things get to dicey for his tastes. I'm sure that he all ready had an ecsape plan!"
"That or me may send someone to stop me" Silva added
"Yeah. And trust me when I say that stopping you may not be the best idea...."