home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS  (Read 258149 times)

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS
« on: July 31, 2015, 11:48:38 AM »
As Fidelis remarked the 9th edition thread isn't covering this topic anymore, so I wanted to start a new one where people can talk about the new stuff and repacked stuff that is coming out for Warhammer Age of Sigmar.

So I'll start off with a link to another thread I made with a list of what we know and is here and what might come about the miniatures them self
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php/topic,50776.0.html

I would lik this topic to expand on this and everything else with it.

So I'll bring back my comment in the other thread to start with
Those new Paladins are brutal from what I have seen from pictures out of the WD! Decimators and Protectors.

Added with the selling of a Sylvaneth battalion box 36 Miniatures (32x Dryads(plastic), 1 Branchwraith(resin), 3 Treelords (ancient or Spirit of Durthu options)(plastic))

Also to be expected: Prosecutors with spear/shield?

What about some of the expected Khorne dudes? from the big book's Khorne's Warhorde formation:
Skullgrinder
Slaughterpriest
Exalted/Aspiring Deathbringer

And what about Empire models, War Altar, Warrior Priests and Flaggelants most likely as they are featured prominently in the big book
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Lord_Crom

• Members
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 12:11:02 PM »
In the big book there is a battleplan that is about storming a fortress. The fortress in my opinion seems it could be a new kit as it is repeated in some other images. I may have got that wrong. It does seem a little too Chaos to fit with my force but I liked the look of it.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 12:26:08 PM »
watchtower seems to be a new one page 154  and 157 and on page 160 in the background? Tower seems to be there with additions also on page 90-91 the big diorama several times. Page 220 aso features a thing like it and something else with a big head. which is there again on 223 and 224

there is also some kind of obelisk thingy page 162 and 165 in The Ritual battleplan

I also see a rocky formation with 3 big skulls appear numerous times 104 -105 the seraphon pages and in the background of page 107 behind the spider gobbo's

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Lord_Crom

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 12:35:49 PM »
Just checked the book now and I think you are right. No longer think it is a fortress but just the Chaos looking watch tower repeated over and over.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 12:40:49 PM »
Probably something modular again like the Ophidian Archway and the Numinous Occulum are, and they can be combined as well according to the new WD.
I think it will be the same with that watchtower and that building with that big head.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 12:56:46 PM »
And what about Empire models, War Altar, Warrior Priests and Flaggelants most likely as they are featured prominently in the big book

I think the post-apocalyptic nature of the setting - realms fought over for so very long civilizations have been rebuilt and destroyed - suggests this kind of thing will be the only stuff left from the Empire. Flaggies are appropriate, and some kind of weird, overly-baroque cult of Sigmar is likely too. But I think we will not see infantry and knights in the same style as we have before.
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 01:42:54 PM »
Pg12-13 shows a standard and musician we haven't seen models for yet.

Pg28-29 shows variations of the Khorne stuff with a wierd double ax battl'eth kind of thing.

pg35 shows us Fyreslayers

pg45 has some kind of rock giant

Pg58-59 could mean some kind of rocl/lave beast

Pg75 - Could we get an actual Sigmar model?

Pg90-91 previewed loads of stuff, the Judicators, Retributors, Decimators and Protectors which go on pre-order tomorrow.  There is an alternate of the flyers with spear/glaive like weapons. 

But most of all, the new fortress, which looks like it's modular, and can do both castle and watchtower, but looks very chaos, and it's all through the new book.

Pg 104 and 107 - I think that skull piece of scenery is one of the existing Arcane Fulcrums, I don't think it's new

Pg114-115 shows what we can exepct to survive from the Empire range.   I'd specualte if the War Altar survives, teh so will the luminark/hurricanum.

Pretty much anything else human Empire and Bretonian, I'd expect to replaced with somehitng less historical based.

I'd like there to be a unit of Gryphounds, but I don't think it's likely.  Only seen the one that comes with the Lord-Castellant.

Pg214 shows the Dragonfate Dais, that is coming out with the Numinous Occulum soon.  the Dais featured way back in Triumph and treachery along with what is now the Baleful Realmgate

Pg220-221 shows possible the reverse side of some of the chaos watchtower parts, or kits that are modular that can be made together with the watchtower parts.

Pg 225-227 shows the topd down of the fortress parts, and the new Realm of Battle baords to come.  One is picture opposite

I'd bet there are new plastic fleshounds to come as well.

The book has been one of the first thing GW have done for years where they have sneaked in so much stuff that they might have in the pipeline.

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 01:47:52 PM »

I think the post-apocalyptic nature of the setting - realms fought over for so very long civilizations have been rebuilt and destroyed - suggests this kind of thing will be the only stuff left from the Empire. Flaggies are appropriate, and some kind of weird, overly-baroque cult of Sigmar is likely too. But I think we will not see infantry and knights in the same style as we have before.

added with Battle Pilgrims and Men-at-arms / Peasant bowmen (left over from Bretonnia) those would be appropriate then as well, Militia from Empire added

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 02:15:40 PM »
I'm curious as to how all these things have survived the world being destroyed, and are located on other worlds now.  Any rumors on that?
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 02:21:45 PM »
The Empire warscroll compendium has a suggestion;

In fair Sigmaron the free people
of humanity gather, preserving
heraldry and cultural traditions from
civilisations ground beneath the weight
of unceasing strife. The clamour of
warlike souls fills the heavens, united in
Sigmar’s name. Though some of these
lost tribes have been driven from their
homelands, and others cast adrift on
the tides of time, every soul amongst
them dreams of wreaking bloody
revenge upon the forces of Chaos.

I think the idea - which I have drawn on for my personal fluff - is that some people were drawn from the World-Before and placed in the mortal realms by gods or the caprices of fate. It's all warp-stuff, so it very unpredictable etc.

Practically, this allows people to continue to use their armies without a "this isn't Age of Sigmar - this is just using those rules."

• Members
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 02:26:59 PM »
I'm curious as to how all these things have survived the world being destroyed, and are located on other worlds now.  Any rumors on that?

Well in the age of Myth Sigmar walked the realms and made several nations bloom, they could have taken up the same rites and rituals Sigmar (and the other gods) knew from the old world. Thus war altars were made anew, prayers were retaught etc. Guess that a steamtank though won't be coming back due to this.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 02:38:44 PM »
Will in my army :)

Have you read my fluff yet, SKS? :)

• Members
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 02:45:19 PM »

Between getting my Liberators done for this months achievement and helping around with my new frontdoor thingy (complete new house entrance).. no not yet

• Members
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 02:48:12 PM »
About races.. As we have seen the Sylvaneth now, seems they have been extracted from the Wood Elves army, I think we will see a complete new Aelfs faction (comprised of WE, HE and DE) besides the Duardin, Humans.. not so sure still think they might get an auxiliary role with the Stormhosts.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2015, 02:51:39 PM »

Between getting my Liberators done for this months achievement and helping around with my new frontdoor thingy (complete new house entrance).. no not yet

Y U HAVE LIFE? :)

• Members
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2015, 02:52:34 PM »

Y U HAVE LIFE? :)

No I don't.. I have kids

Offline SoonerSox

• Members
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2015, 01:24:39 AM »
I bought some flaggies after a moment of inspiration from the pictures in the book. I might be too conservative to play them though. Not having any armor save is a real negative. I do love that they basically explode all over their opponent though, it's just hard to implement efficiently with so much of the Empire rules built on outlasting your opponent (priests and life wizards). I wonder if the Flaggies would be good to send after that one thing you are afraid to engage with everything else in your army. If a few survive getting to that target then they should all be hitting with 4 attacks and possibly dealing some mortal wounds from battleshock frenzy.

I also ordered some box set Liberators off of ebay so I could recreate that scene in the book. I am looking forward to trying it at least once.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2015, 01:41:03 AM »
When I saw a box of the flagellants the other day, almost bought some since I've never had them in my empire army, and would kind of liek to get a box before they are no longer carried.  Not that they are planning to take them away anytime soon, yet ya never know.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

• Members
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2015, 07:40:44 AM »
I have 22 flaggelants but can't even remember if I even fielded them yet!

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2015, 10:19:45 AM »
Just looked on GW website ,

It would appear they have added some even more bizarre Paladins,

then a large swathe of tree men , so it's trees vs warrior gods

lets hope it gets better soon !

Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2015, 10:50:23 AM »
I also like the flagellants for their conversion possibilities, and I mean that they'd be good for use across the scope of the Empire line of figures.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2015, 11:41:39 AM »
I wonder if the Flaggies would be good to send after that one thing you are afraid to engage with everything else in your army.

Are you speaking as yourself .... or an Empire general? :)

Offline Lord_Crom

• Members
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2015, 06:41:58 AM »
I read on-line that a new book all about getting sigmars hammer back is coming out shortly. I can't imagine it is true as the big book hasn't been out very long. I think someone was just building on the last section of the big book but thought I would include the rumour for interest. Going to concentrate on skaven and models will be repackaged.

Offline Alexis

• Members
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2015, 09:27:16 AM »
I read on-line that a new book all about getting sigmars hammer back is coming out shortly. I can't imagine it is true as the big book hasn't been out very long. I think someone was just building on the last section of the big book but thought I would include the rumour for interest. Going to concentrate on skaven and models will be repackaged.

Maybe they're pumping out the early fluff to help settle the storyline, certainly I think it would be a good idea to have a more concrete idea of what the story is. I hope it's true, because it could have scope to include humans.
"Dressing a bear in fine silks does not make it civilised, though in the city of Kislev it could pass at court."

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2015, 10:12:49 AM »
I remember Harry saying the remodeled Skaven were going released soon after the Stormcast and chaos forces, hard to say if they'll be released alongside another faction but my bets are on the Duardin.

They're ancient enemies, it helps expands the fluff beyond Sigmar and since they're stated to be a air-heavy force we'll probably see re-packaged dwarven flying machines and bombers.

As for the campaign to regain Sigmar's hammer, I sorta feel that they'll draw that out more than release it in the next book. It will probably be featured heavily though as a build-up to the next campaign.

Interesting sidenote, I just found out that the realm of Ghur has a frozen landscape upon it that the chaos mortals are remaking into a second chaos wasteland like the one from the-world-that-was. I wonder if the free people tried to recreate the Old World amongst the realms before chaos invaded?
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.