home

Author Topic: Pigeon Bombs  (Read 2179 times)

Daod

Pigeon Bombs
« on: September 12, 2004, 06:01:33 PM »
I'm not kidding, these empire "war machines" now have rules.

Pigeon Bombers- (special choice, empire only, 0-1 per engineer)
35 pts.
M1 WS0 BS0 S0 T2 W5 I1 A0 Ld6
Pigeons, Flyer, "Stop Those Pigeons!," Pigeon Bombs

Pigeons: Pigeons aren't to bright. This means they're unlikelly to run just because the other humans do, but they might drop the bomb on someone else. Pigeons never use any leadership besides their own. They don't panic when another unit panics, flees, breaks, or is wiped out, and no unit panics when they flee, panic, break, or are wiped out. If they ever fly over another unit (yours too), even when fleeing, they count as charging and drop their bombs.

Stop those Pigeons: Everyone knows what will happen if the pigeons reach your troops... KABOOM! To stop this, every archer will do their uptmost to hit them. Units Shooting at pigeon bombers will not suffer a penalty for shooting at a single model. In addition, all shooters in the army will get +1 to hit the pigeons. When firing guess range weapons, re-roll the artillery and scatter die. If the second result hits the pigeon bombers, that result stands. Otherwise, use the first result. This allows you to re-roll a re-roll with certian war machines, such as Doom Divers and Helcannons.

Pidgeon Bombs: On the round in which Pidgeon bombs charge into combat or are charged, they automatically detonate their bombs. Every model in every unit in base-to-base contact with the pidgeons takes one s5 hit dealing 1d3 wounds. Characters take a hit too- no Look Out Sir! rolls are allowed. Chariots and swarms take one s5 hit dealing 1d3 wounds for each wound currently on their profile. This destroys the pigeons, but your opponent gets no victory points for having destroyed them. All units damaged in this way make an immediate panic test.

Questions, Comments, Complaints, Critisisms? (yes, I know they're pidgeon bombs. You don't have to mention that.)

Offline Vimes

• Members
Pigeon Bombs
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 07:22:36 PM »
@Daod

First: Welcome to the warhammer-empire.com forum! :)

Second: Your pigeon bomb solution looks interesting but seems way too powerful to me...

When ever your pigeon bomb reaches an enemy unit it will utterly destroy it more often than not. Str 5 hits that deal d3 wound in every model (and the charactermodels) in the unit? That would beat the hellblaster. Even the special shooting rules don't help to compensate this, I think (I too thought of using pigeon bombs for my engineer army, but I plan to use the normal mortar rules for a trio of engineer apprentices with pigeoncages and "armed" pigeons).

Keep up the work on this (and try to reduce the impact power a little bit)... ! :wink:

Offline Von Waiss

• Members
Pigeon Bombs
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 10:13:47 AM »
I'm all for you idea Vimes. I wonder where you can find models with pidgeons?

Offline Kyle

• Members
  • Blessed by Sigmar
Pigeon Bombs
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004, 08:40:45 PM »
I like the idea.  But the no Look out Sir! roll is not fair as firstly the character could easily dodge it and secondly the men around the character would willingly sacrifice their lives to save the character's.  Also what about hits made on characters riding monsters? Who is hit?
Good idea though...
SIGMAR!
Visit: http://h1.ripway.com/TheTyranidHive/index1.html for all you Tyranid news and info.