home

Author Topic: External Links to the War Room Articles  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Thomas_de_Bois

• Members
External Links to the War Room Articles
« on: May 02, 2005, 06:42:36 PM »
I apologize if this is not the forum for this, but I have a request. I am greatly impressed by the number and depth of tactical and strategic articles on this site, and have found several of them to be quite helpful. I'm in the process of putting in a "Warhammer" section of my personal website and would like to link to many of these articles.

I believe it's only proper to ask permission first, but I don't know how to contact these people, or if I just need to get permission from the site leadership, or...? I would, of course, give proper credit (both author and source) for each link, as such a good site deserves support.

What do you think? Thanks!

Offline General Helstrom

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Chicks dig moustaches
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 06:21:36 AM »
Hi Thomas!

We've talked this over with the staff and there's a couple of problems. First of all, a lot of our material is user-submitted and not all of them are still members. It would be nigh impossible to track everyone down and ask for individual permissions. We might do a "blanket" permission at some point in the future, but not right now.

The second problem is that a bunch of our articles are in PDF format; allowing you to link to them, even when due credit is given, we'd essentially be providing you free webspace :-D

There is a pretty big site revision in the pipelines which includes a big overhaul of the Library / War Room sections. You should definitely ask again when it's done (as it will probably make all the articles available in HTML which you can link to), but for now I'm afraid we'll have to say no.

Of course you should feel free to link to the Library or War Room as a whole and tell your users what to look for!

Thank you,

--GH
I don't know what Caesar thought when he got to the Ides of March
Don't know what Houdini bought when he went to the store
But I sure do miss the eighties

Offline Thomas_de_Bois

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 02:35:28 PM »
Thanks. I'll wait and see. Obviously I'm not one of those who buys into the "easier to get forgiveness than permission" concept. Permission always trumps forgiveness, in my opinion.

I'll work on my "recommended reading list" and post it with a link to the forum.