home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]  (Read 648128 times)

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]
« Reply #950 on: July 07, 2012, 04:32:22 PM »
I hope you are right Greta. If you are the drinks are on me tonight! ' Julian pats her on the back in a congenial fashion. to try and lighten the mood.

He will however not mention the sewers until she's gone.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #951 on: July 07, 2012, 04:43:58 PM »
Greta laughs, "I'll hold you to that! Now, I have to go. There's not much time left."

She leaves, ducking into a backstreet.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #952 on: July 07, 2012, 05:23:13 PM »
Is there anywhere to hide?

Klaus would like to check the windows and if there is a way he could open one without too much noise maybe even carefully breaking the glass on one, but right now he is only checking his options. If there is a hiding place from which he can overlook the back alley he would like to hide and see if there is some sort of thug patrol going around the warehouse regularly before he will try to bust into it.

He quickly informs Max about his plan.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #953 on: July 07, 2012, 07:05:26 PM »
Mortus will hop gingerly onto her legs and thank the doctor.

"I have no idea what could have happened to me if these good people had not come along," she says as she paid the doctor.   "I thought that all the problems were over with the fair being over."   She looks down at her clothes and smiles at the doctor.   "You would not happen to have some clothes that I could wear, I can pay you for them.   I do not want to go back into the street covered in blood."

Once they are alone again she will smile sheepishly at Heinrich.

"I am really sorry.   I wasn't expecting so many thugs in that house," she says.   "I thought that there might be one or two but I would be able to handle them."   She stops to think.   "I wonder if they were protecting anything, other than you Greta?   Would it be worth going back to take a look around?"   She closes her eyes for a second and then smiles.

"I am quite tired.   It is still early in the morning though," she says.   "Maybe I will get some rest before tonight.   We have to find and stop the ritual tonight, we have to, we have to."   Mortus' voice becomes higher and shriller when she is talking about the ritual, her face becomes whiter and her grip on her staff becomes stronger

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #954 on: July 07, 2012, 07:24:35 PM »
"I don't think they had any design other than to ambush and capture us. Going back would only invite more disaster. I have some experience with these sorts of traps, having set many like them myself. Trust me on this point."
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #955 on: July 07, 2012, 08:05:09 PM »
Mortus smiles wanly at Heinrich.

"I'll trust you this time," she says.   "What is the plan?"

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #956 on: July 07, 2012, 08:08:38 PM »
Mortus smiles wanly at Heinrich.

"I'll trust you this time," she says.   "What is the plan?"

"We take the sewer route to the warehouse and put a stop to this ritual nonsense."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #957 on: July 07, 2012, 08:11:21 PM »
Klaus can't see anywhere to hide - he's in an alleyway between two warehouses. He decides to casually wander around in the alley and the narrow street behind the warehouse, keeping watch as he does. There doesn't seem to be any particular security around the building at the moment, besides the men at the door. Perhaps they don't want to draw attention to the building before the ritual begins.

He thinks he could probably lever open one of the windows while Max keeps watch. The risk would be relatively small. Max offers to go inside first to scout around, if they do manage to open the window.
If I wanted to.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #958 on: July 07, 2012, 08:40:09 PM »
"We may need to consider slightly more than that," Mortus says.   "I am not as wounded now but I will still not be great in a fight."

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #959 on: July 07, 2012, 09:25:29 PM »
"We may need to consider slightly more than that," Mortus says.   "I am not as wounded now but I will still not be great in a fight."

"Of course not! I would never ask you to fight! Julian and I can handle any fighting."

• Members
« Reply #960 on: July 07, 2012, 09:50:54 PM »
"Ok Max we go inside...but no scouting around we will find a place to hide ....well maybe we can find the temple area and there we hide and keep silent and watch unitl the time has come to smite the demon scum with Sigmars righteous fury..."

Klaus seems confused for a moment why he has said this.....but still he moves and tries to carefully pry one of the windows in the back alley open and enter the warehouse.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #961 on: July 07, 2012, 10:16:14 PM »
She looks down at her clothes and smiles at the doctor.   "You would not happen to have some clothes that I could wear, I can pay you for them.   I do not want to go back into the street covered in blood."

The doctor calls in a servant, who fetches some old but serviceable clothes from a storeroom. "Take these with my compliments, my dear," the doctor says, "and try to keep your mind from your ordeal."
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #962 on: July 07, 2012, 10:33:00 PM »
"Yes Klaus." Max says. He looks almost frantic with anticipation. Keeping him calm while they wait for the cultists to arrive could be difficult...

Klaus takes out his knife, and then looks anxiously up and down the alley. No one in sight. He slides the knife between the window and the frame, and gives it a shove.

[Strength test! dice roll =3 = pass]

The catch breaks at once, and the window comes open with a small popping sound. Klaus looks around again, but no one seems to have noticed.

Max insists on going in first. He slips through the gap easily. "No one's here, Klaus," he hisses, "come on in." Klaus follows him. He gets halfway through the window, and then becomes stuck! For a few moments he's trapped there, imagining knife wielding thugs stabbing his unprotected backside... but Max does his best to pull him through, and he soon gets free and enters the warehouse. He sighs with relief, making sure he closes the window behind him so as to leave no sign.

The ground floor of the warehouse is one large room. There's a staircase in the corner near the door. There are a few crates scattered around in the back half, but a large space has been cleared towards the front. Max hurries off to the stairs, already starting to climb them before Klaus can stop him. Klaus follows him. Upstairs is a loading area near the upper door, and three storerooms. All of these are empty.

Map!

[Ignore the pentagram! It's not there yet... but it will be, later]
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #963 on: July 07, 2012, 10:41:33 PM »
"Max....lets hide in one of those store rooms!"

the stomach of Klaus starts to make some noise as he realizes that he wasnīt fed all day.

"Damn....I am kind of hungry...and I get grumpy when hungry. Should have listened to the dwarf. Max lets find a place to hide no need to scout the area...well maybe just a little to figure out if we are right...if there is no human sacrifice we might have the wrong place. Listen Max, when the sacrifice happens we have to sit still no bravery no dashing heroism we have to let it happen otherwise Teugen might escape and more people will die....do you understand?"

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #964 on: July 07, 2012, 11:27:00 PM »
"But Klaus, Sigmar himself made us his champions! We have to stop the ritual even if it costs our lives!" He looks very excited at the idea... he obviously hasn't thought what the consequences might be. "I can't wait! I'm going to shoot Professor Teugen with my sacred arrow! Imagine if my father could see me now... he'd be so proud! I wish he were here. He's never been proud of me... I never did anything he could be proud of."

He suddenly seems to realise what Klaus just said, "Wait, Klaus did you say we have to let the sacrifice happen? I don't think I heard you properly... you can't mean we have to let someone get murdered?" He looks at Klaus with confusion.
If I wanted to.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #965 on: July 07, 2012, 11:31:30 PM »
"Thank you doctor," Mortus says.   She will give the servant a few silvers for the clothes, even though the doctor said it was okay.

"I suggest we find an inn to discuss what to do now," she says.   "And find some brandy."

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #966 on: July 07, 2012, 11:35:23 PM »
"I fear there is no time. We know where we need to be, and we should get there before Klaus and Max do something foolish. We need time to scout the situation before the ritual. We should be away immediately, and head straightaway to the warehouse."

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #967 on: July 07, 2012, 11:39:26 PM »
"Klaus went to the temple to find a priest," Mortus reminds Heinrich.    "Maybe we should go there to look for him?"

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #968 on: July 07, 2012, 11:44:54 PM »
"Klaus went to the temple to find a priest," Mortus reminds Heinrich.    "Maybe we should go there to look for him?"

"That's a good idea too. Let us be away, Master Stonebridge!"

If Jules has no objection, we'll head to the temple to find Klaus.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #969 on: July 07, 2012, 11:47:10 PM »
"And lets not forget Greta."   If Julian and Greta have no objection Mortus will head toward the temple.   If she sees a shop that sells brandy she will stop to buy a bottle.

• Members
« Reply #970 on: July 07, 2012, 11:53:58 PM »
"Max right now we still have no proof.....hmmm what we could do is check what happens during the blessing of the temple. If only one guy is attending we could overwhelm him and fake the blood ritual with some blood of the guy we overtook. But at the end they would know that something would have gone awry as the fellow didnīt report back....No max we have to let the sacrifice happen (if it has not happened already) and wait for all the 9 inner circle members arrive before we strike. Listen this is important...otherwise one ore more might get away....especially Teugen. Should he get away he could try the ritual in another city and we wouldnīt know where. No. We have to wait until all are assembled and then we strike them down. So Sigmar wills!"

Klaus isnīt too happy with this but the look he shows Max is an utterly sincere one....no climbing up the drain and scouting this time!

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #971 on: July 07, 2012, 11:59:45 PM »
[Greta left already to meet with her people.]

Heinrich, Mortus and Julian head for the Gottenplatz (Mortus buys some Tilean Brandy on the way). The temple of Sigmar is hard to miss - it's almost twice the size of all the other temples in the square, other than the temple of Verena, and it looks to have cost a fortune to build. Half a dozen flagellant cultists are standing on the temple steps, flailing grimly at their emaciated bodies with barbed scourges. Their blood spatters the white marble.

Inside, the vast central hall is incredibly imposing. There are quite a few worshipers at prayer, but no sign of Klaus or Max. There's no sign of a priest either, only a timid young man in an initiate's robe.
If I wanted to.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #972 on: July 08, 2012, 12:05:06 AM »
Mortus is a little uneasy in the temple, though she could not say why.   She will make the sign of the hammer quickly and mutter something about Sigmar giving her courage and then ask the initiate where she can find the priest

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #973 on: July 08, 2012, 12:09:07 AM »
Max looks conflicted. He opens his mouth to speak, and then closes it again. Eventually, he says, "I don't know what the right thing to do is, Klaus. But I trust you. I'll try to do what you tell me... even if it's difficult. I'm sorry I disobeyed you before." He sits down on the floor, in the corner of the storeroom, and waits quietly.
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #974 on: July 08, 2012, 12:12:07 AM »
The initiate looks aghast when Mortus approaches him. "H-h-h-hello miss. Ah - sorry? The priest? Y-y-you must mean Father Albrecht. He's gone out on important business, and left me in charge. Can... can I h-h-help you?"
If I wanted to.