home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]  (Read 648138 times)

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]
« Reply #7500 on: May 27, 2014, 01:06:59 AM »
Heinrich will draw on the halfling, but won't loose unless the halfling seems like he might attack.

"Don't move, little one. I will loose this shaft into your throat if you move or try to raise an alarm. I am looking for a wizard, a fugitive from the law. He might be going by the name Wasmeier, or by another name. Is there anyone else here or in the brewery above?"
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7501 on: May 27, 2014, 10:30:02 AM »
The halfling freezes, letting go of whatever he was taking from the crate. He's silent for a few seconds, then says: "Who are you? This place is protected. If you don't want to mess with The Man, you'd best leave now. I don't know any wizards."
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #7502 on: May 27, 2014, 11:40:00 AM »
Admins crouches at the top of the storeroom stairs, listening to what's happening below. He shifts uneasily.
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #7503 on: May 27, 2014, 03:35:28 PM »
"Move toward the stairs, slowly." Heinrich will circle the halfling while keeping out of reach. "You will find men at the top. Give them no trouble and you will not be harmed."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7504 on: May 27, 2014, 03:47:28 PM »
The halfling suddenly dives towards the door of the alchemy room!

[Heinrich I test: 20, pass]

Heinrich can react before he gets through the door.
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #7505 on: May 27, 2014, 10:02:07 PM »
The halfling suddenly dives towards the door of the alchemy room!

[Heinrich I test: 20, pass]

Heinrich can react before he gets through the door.

Heinrich will put an arrow into him.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #7506 on: May 27, 2014, 10:32:32 PM »
If Admund hears anything sounding like trouble, he will descend the stairs cautiously.
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7507 on: May 27, 2014, 11:03:17 PM »
Heinrich shoots the fleeing halfling!

[Heinrich (longbow): 17, hits body. S4+d6 roll of 5-T3-A1 = 5 wounds]

The arrow tears along his side, cutting a furrow into his flesh but not lodging itself. He stumbles...

[Halfling I test: 13, pass]

...but breaks into a roll, and makes it through the doorway into the lab. He ducks behind the door, and starts to try to close it.

Admund hears what's happening and descends the stairs.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 08:22:18 AM by rufus sparkfire »
If I wanted to.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #7508 on: May 27, 2014, 11:03:27 PM »
With Klaus in tow who will have his hammer at the ready.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7509 on: May 27, 2014, 11:09:07 PM »
Klaus and Admund see the halfling jump behind the laboratory door and start to close it!
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #7510 on: May 27, 2014, 11:09:23 PM »
If Admund has a clear shot, he will fire at the halfling, if not, he will charge and shoulder into the door, preventing him from latching it.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 11:52:25 PM by Karl Voss of Averland »

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #7511 on: May 28, 2014, 03:12:39 AM »
Heinrich will also rush to keep the door from closing; dropping his bow.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7512 on: May 28, 2014, 01:59:10 PM »
Heinrich reaches the door first, slamming into it with his shoulder.

[opposed S test:
Heinrich: 94! fail
Halfling: 22, pass!]

Somehow, the halfling opposes the impact and manages to keep the door moving towards its closed position!

Admund rushes in as well. The halfling is now against two humans, and is unable to keep up the pressure. The door bursts open.

Heinrich and Admund enter the laboratory. A large workbench in the middle is covered with glassware and apparatus, including a lit oil-burner that is heating a crucible. A reagent cupboard stands against one wall. At the back of the room is a still, which is venting its fumes to the yard above.

The halfling has taken refuge behind the workbench, mostly hidden from view. "Wait!" he shouts, "let's talk about this!"

[Klaus is still in the cellar]
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #7513 on: May 28, 2014, 02:08:10 PM »
Admund will circle one way around the workbench if Heinrich circles the other. He levels his crossbow at the cowering halfling.

"Yes. Let's talk about this. You best start with answering the man's question." Admund says jerking his head toward Heinrich.

"Have you seen a wizard? Is there anyone else here? Answer quick, lad." Admund has an eye closed as he sights down the shaft to the halfling's head.

• Members
« Reply #7514 on: May 28, 2014, 02:17:33 PM »
Klaus will follow Admund and Heinrich into the lab and have a look around.

A smile will flicker over Klausīs face trying to appear the friendly sensible one of the bunch of people just bursting into the laboratory of the Halfling who must be pretty confused about what is going on.

"Well how rude of us not to introduce ourselves, we are NOT from the competition we work for the officials in Middenheim and you really donīt want to mess with us. All you need to know is that we have the whole authority of the city behind us and if need be we will root out every single little business of the Man or any other crime lord to get what we want. So best just cooperate and all of this." Klaus will motion towards Heinrich and Admund and their brandished weapons..."Will go away faster than you can eat a pie made by your ma. So how about it?"

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7515 on: May 28, 2014, 02:35:15 PM »
The halfling is crouched on the floor behind the bench, and is unarmed. He's bleeding from the gash in his side, but it doesn't look life-threatening. His leather apron seems to have mostly deflected the arrow. It's funny - he was concerned enough about the dangers of his lab to wear an apron, gloves and googles, but his feet are bare. Halfling pride probably doesn't allow him to cover them.

He raises his hands in surrender. "I said I wouldn't say anything, but I don't want to get shot again! There's no one else here. I wait till the apprentices go home for the night so I can get a bit of peace. This is my brewery, and I make damn good beer! But, I do a bit of business on the side, right? You can see that. I'm an alchemist, but I'm not registered with those thieving bastards at the guild. I just make the stuff, and The Man shifts it for me. His boys use the sewers to move stuff around, so that the watch don't see. They've got secret doors and stuff down there.

"Well, this human showed up tonight and said he needed to get into the sewers, to see The Man. Said he was someone important, and I'd better do as I'm told. I could tell he meant it... so I opened up the way for him. He said he didn't think anyone would come after him, but if they did I wasn't to tell, or I'd regret it. That's all very well, but I didn't think I'd get attacked by secret watchmen or whatever you blokes are! Listen, if I open the way for you too, you'll let me go, right?"
If I wanted to.

• Members
« Reply #7516 on: May 28, 2014, 05:06:03 PM »
"If you open the hatch for us...tell us how to get to the man....aaaand of course give us a heads up on traps we have to look out and passwords that we should know, sure I donīt see any reason to waste more of your precious time."

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #7517 on: May 28, 2014, 11:19:26 PM »
Heinrich nods. "I'll get the others."

He darts out of the room, trusting Klaus and Admund to keep a very close watch on the halfling, and snatches up his bow on his way out. He will go to the front doors of the brewery and open them to allow the rest of the group to enter, then lead them to where he left Admund and Klaus.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7518 on: May 28, 2014, 11:52:51 PM »
"Yes, sure!" the halfling says to Klaus, "it's over here." He gets to his feet, one hand pressed to his injured side, and goes over to one of the walls. He hits a hidden catch, causing another concealed door to open. Beyond is a set of stairs leading down. "They get dwarfs in to do this work," he says, "dwarfs know stone. Anyway, you go down the stairs here, and open another door into the sewers. Look, I'll show you."

The stairs end in what looks like a blank wall, but a door opens when the halfling hits another catch. On the other side is a sewer passage, with a walkway running alongside the effluent channel.

"If you want to go to The Man's base, you go left from here, then first right, then second left, then first right. Ten yards down that passage you'll see a carving in the wall - like a lion or something. About a yard to the right of its tail, going straight from it, there's a catch that opens the door. It's not easy to spot, but it's there. Then you'll run into the guards. But I'd say you can handle them no bother!"

Heinrich fetches the rest of the group from outside the brewery and takes them into the laboratory. Julian, who is trained in chemistry, recognizes that the equipment here is most likely used to manufacture drugs and poisons of various types.

The Knight Eternal sneers with disgust as he looks around the lab. "What filthy things were made here? No doubt this room is used for criminal purposes, or it would not be so concealed. You, halfling: you are under arrest. You will be bound and delivered to the watch later. If you are lucky, you will get away with a few dozen lashes only."

"What? Hey, that wasn't the deal! I did what you asked!"
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #7519 on: May 29, 2014, 02:48:26 AM »
"The deal is that you live. Would you rather different terms on that bargain?"

Heinrich moves to fasten manacles to the halfling, securing him in such a way that he cannot move unaided. He will also gag the halfling.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #7520 on: May 29, 2014, 06:16:15 AM »
Julian makes a show of slowly looking around the Lab as he enters, then he exhales slowly with a whistling sound.

"what you been up to, laddy?" Julian takes a rag and wipes it into a vial which he believes was used to make poison.

He takes the rag towards the halfling, "just what have you been doing."
turning to the group he says "I think it is extremely likely this halfling has been making the poisons we've found here. and the laughing powder, I'd wager"
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

• Members
« Reply #7521 on: May 29, 2014, 06:29:20 AM »
Seeing how the Knight eternal and Heinrich too treat the halfling reminds Klaus of his times as a criminal, having to do things you loathe yourself just to stay alive, flexing his fingers he can still feel the stiffness and the pain because of some sort of treatment of justice they want to give the halfling. Anger flares up on Klausīs face and with a stern voice loud enough so everyone in the room can hear him he calls out.

"No!"......"I gave the halfling my word that he can go if he cooperated to help us finding the greatest threat to the city of Middenheim since the last barbarian incursion from the Chaos Wastes. I am sure he didnīt deal with the devil to enrich himself or to gain power but to make a living, he wonīt continue to do so." Klaus will look at the halfling with a grim determination, look into his eyes and nod.

" We have bended the law a couple of times ourselves to save the city so donīt you dare prancing around calling it justice to torture this man here." Looking at the Knight Eternal he goes on "If you want to be a true noble you should learn to decide when to be relentless and when to show mercy just smashing down on your subjects whenever there is a chance to show your strength will bring them up against you and I promise you they wonīt love you for it. There is enough evil to fight this night and also enough glory to gain. Max will you be so kind to bandage the man. Heinrich release him of his manacles."

Klaus voice got even louder to the end and it is obvious he is very angry he will shoot Heinrich a look that tells him.....donīt mess with me on this one.

Turning his gaze towards Julian his tone will soften a bit "Please Julian we wonīt capture Wasmeier if we manacle every single thug in the city or if we have to torture them all, I gave him my word and you donīt want to make me a liar over this do you?"
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 07:39:07 AM by Fandir Nightshade »

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #7522 on: May 29, 2014, 06:39:17 AM »
"no one said anything about torture, Klaus. This man probably made the poison which was used on the graf. And think how much better off Middenheim will be without laughing powder. Giving him your word is" Julian wrings his hands "problematic"

Julian turns to the halfling "so what you been doing, making laughing powder? Poisoning the Graf?"

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7523 on: May 29, 2014, 10:48:17 AM »
The halfling looks at Heinrich open-mouthed, not daring to answer him. When Julian advances on him with the rag wiped in poison, he flinches, and says, "Yes, I make poison! And laughing powder, and witherwend... things like that. Errr... and special stuff for sick wizards." [This is an allusion to the drugs needed to combat the afflictions gained through the practice of dark magic, which the party have encountered before and at least some of them will remember]

The halfling swallows nervously. "I just make the stuff though. I don't know who gets it or what they use it for. It's not my responsibility. And you can't work in this part of town unless The Man lets you, and he wanted me to make the stuff. It's not my fault!" He nods vigorously when Klaus insists that the halfling is just a victim of circumstance. "Yes, I'll never make drugs and things again! Mother Esmerelda be my witness!"

Max obediently bandages the halfling's wound, but he doesn't say anything else. He's obviously uncomfortable about his friends arguing, and doesn't want to take a side.

Sir Siegfried snorts in contempt. "This man-" he pauses, as though about to correct himself, but continues instead "-owns a respectable brewing business, yet he chooses to make filthy poisons that have destroyed many lives. He deserves no pity - he is greedy and evil. Even a hundred lashes would be a light punishment for the misery he has brought to other people. It may be that a court would find him guilty of capital crimes." He waves a hand impatiently, "I am not swayed by his self-serving justifications. Criminal leaders like this thug who calls himself 'the man' have power only because people allow them to. Had I known of him, I would have called a company of knights and hunted him down long ago!"

"I don't like Klaus having to break his word, boss," Ragni says to Julian, "it's not right. But I don't like letting this little bugger off either."
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #7524 on: May 29, 2014, 11:22:56 AM »
Julian turns and walks towards the wall. He takes his hip flask and deliberately unscrews it, before taking a swig. Turning back to the Halfling, he asks “What’s your name? Have you met the Man? Would you recognise him?”

Pass the machete.