home

Author Topic: Mammallia Role Playing Game Thread - Players Only.  (Read 17451 times)

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Re: Mammallia Role Playing Game Thread - Players Only.
« Reply #150 on: October 13, 2016, 02:16:09 PM »
"Thank you, Humphrey," Boris says, "you fought with great skill. We shouldn't be overconfident though - there might be many more of them in this cave."
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #151 on: October 13, 2016, 08:08:03 PM »
'Hold up, friends.' Before following Boris, Billy takes a moment to hold one of rats he killed down with his foot, stretching out its tail with his free hand and cutting it off at the root with his axe in one, practiced slash. He then repeats the process with his other kill.

'Trophies,' he explains matter-of-factly, binding his arm above the wound with his grisly loot. Then, before heading deeper into the cave, he moves over to the beds and tears a piece of fabric from one of the blankets.

Finally he wraps the cloth around a piece of firewood and lights his makeshift torch at the campfire. He laughs sheepishly at Boris, catching up to the others with a few quick paces. 'Not all our eyes are accustomed to the darkness.'
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #152 on: October 14, 2016, 08:09:20 PM »
As the party moves through the gap and further into the cave they walk for a good minute or so down a curving but linear corridor. Eventually they come to a junction with an exit to their left and to their right. They can't see anything directly down either.

[You may be able to tell some details using senses or racist facts, i.e animals underground may be better at looking etc]
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #153 on: October 14, 2016, 08:22:05 PM »
'I say we move in whatever direction smells worse. Even I have better personal hygiene than those rats.' Billy turns to Jack, looking expectantly. 'What does your canine nose smell?'

While Jack sniffs the rats out, Billy will try and search for tracks, holding his torch close to the ground to discern any details.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 08:24:43 PM by Demonslayer »
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #154 on: October 14, 2016, 09:28:40 PM »
Boris is disturbed by Billy's trophy-taking antics, but decides not to say anything about it.

At the junction, he looks down both paths and sniffs the air, his senses feeling more acute in this setting than they did outside.
If I wanted to.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #155 on: October 14, 2016, 09:42:54 PM »
Billy can't really see very much. It's dark and the ground is well worn. However, Boris sniffs the air, he can smell something burning.. From the air pressure in the cave he can tell that the fire is off to the left somewhere.

If he wants anymore details he'd have to test.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #156 on: October 14, 2016, 09:50:19 PM »
"I smell a fire," Boris says quietly. "Down the left passage, I believe."

[I'll test for more details!]
If I wanted to.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #157 on: October 14, 2016, 09:56:17 PM »
Boris test [13 = pass] - Boris moves further into the tunnel with his hand against the wall, he can feel it vibrating as though something is moving around, something either quite heavy or multiple people. He can't be sure.

He sniffs at the air and thinks he can faintly smell flesh burning, he isn't overly familiar with the scent, but it smells quite salty.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #158 on: October 14, 2016, 10:00:23 PM »
"I can feel movement in the tunnel," Boris says. "Either a lot of animals... or one big one. And I smell burning flesh. We'd better hurry."

He sets off down the left passage.
If I wanted to.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #159 on: October 14, 2016, 11:44:46 PM »
Jack decides to see if he can smell anything beyond what has already been disclosed, and chooses to sniff the air of both tunnels.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #160 on: October 15, 2016, 02:30:13 AM »
Simon will try to scout ahead, keeping to the shadows and trying to move silently.
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #161 on: October 15, 2016, 10:52:41 AM »
Jack [roll 9 = fail] can still smell something burning, but he can't tell what direction its coming from or anything more than it is there, being underground is confusing his senses slightly.

Moving forward quietly Simon sneaks forward infront of the party. He doesn't come across any opposition and they walk for a few minutes quietly. Eventually they turn a corner and can see light flooding around the next bend. The smell of burning salty flesh is really very strong now. Simon peaks around the corner quickly and can see that in the next chamber is a pair of rats turning a dead pig over a spit [the smell] whilst a much, much larger rat watches intently, he is salivating at the meal to come. [Effectively a 7/8 foot tall rat ogre]

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #162 on: October 15, 2016, 11:02:14 AM »
Boris indicates through gestures that they should charge in and take the rats by surprise!

If they agree to do this, he will go after the giant rat.
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #163 on: October 17, 2016, 06:27:24 PM »
Humphrey agrees and will attack a small rat.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #164 on: October 18, 2016, 02:46:56 AM »
As the others charge forward, "Mad" Jack notches an arrow and aims for the rat ogre.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #165 on: October 18, 2016, 04:55:05 PM »
Simon will try to stayout of the way of the bigger rat, working to flank and stab the smaller ones while they're distracted by his companions.

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #166 on: October 23, 2016, 07:56:56 PM »
Initiative:

Jack:16
Billy:16
Smaller Rat (closest to the party) :15
Rat Ogre:13
Boris:12
Smaller Rat 2: 11 (Further away, turning the spit)
Simon: 11
Humphrey: 9

The party sees the meal being prepared and decide to slay these murderers before they can devour the poor soul. Whilst there isn't enough room to set up a true ambush, the party know they can get a few shots in before the rats see them. Waiting patiently they wait for Jacks signal to attack. Taking an arrow and notching it Jack pulls the bow and takes aim at the biggest rat ogre. [attack roll + surprise = 12= hit] It isn't the best shot he's loosed recently, infact he nearly missed, but he just about manages to strike the massive target weakly in the thigh. [Damage = 5 - 2 = 3] With a great squeak of rage the rat loses interest in the meal and turns directly at his assailants!

Not waiting for the rats to recover Billy throws his torch at the closest rat [attack roll = 14 = hit] and manages a better shot than his ally. The rat flails at the fire, not taking any actual damage but he is clearly too scared to even try to fight back at the moment. [skips go] The rat ogre rushes forward to meet the charging heroes, his big talons gleaming in the firelight. He meets Boris's charge head on! [attack roll = 14] His momentum carries him straight into Boris nearly knocking him off his feet, whilst Boris does his best to defend he isn't able to fend the huge rat off and he painfully receives a blow to the midsection. [damage roll = 9 - 4 = 5 damage to Boris - 20 health] Swinging wildly with his mace [attack roll = 14 = hit] he catches the rat in the chest and forces it away from him. [damage roll = 12] It grunts with pain and is more wary of the big badger than he was previously.

The second rat who was turning the spit turns and rushes over to a pile of weapons and grabs a sword. He spins warily and looks ready to fight!

Simon takes advantage of Billys distraction and tries to attack the blinded rat. [attack roll = 13 = hit] After all the practice he's had recently with stabbing vulnerable animals Simon has no difficulty stabbing at the helpless rat, though a quirk of fate causes it to flail in fear aside from a fatal blow. [damage roll = 6 - 2 = 4 damage] Whilst he doesn't kill it, he does give it a painful slash. 

With his smaller legs Humphrey is last to make it to the rats. Ignoring the one flailing at the fire he rushes towards the furthest rat. Locking eyes the cowardly rat quickly moves to put the fire between himself and the valiant mouse! Without a whisker of fear, Humphrey doesn't check his speed, instead using his spear he vaults himself over the fire before bringing it round elaborately mid air to impale at the rat! [attack roll = 12 + 2 stunt points = hit + mighty blow] With all his weight behind the blow the spear passes straight into the bowls of the shocked rat before continuing into the dirt. [damage roll = 7 + 5 mighty blow - 2 = dead] The rat groans in agony as Humphrey yanks the spear out with a great sucking noise.

[End of round one]
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 08:16:29 PM by Mogsam »

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #167 on: October 23, 2016, 08:13:32 PM »
Boris snarls with rage, his normal calm forgotten. These rats are the worst sort of murderers! Ignoring the pain from his injury, he presses his attack against the huge rat.
If I wanted to.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #168 on: October 23, 2016, 10:21:42 PM »
Jack trades his bow for his short sword right hand and hand ax in his left.  Moving rapidly toward the rat ogre, he seeks for an opening to join Boris in his attack.  The short sword is used as his main weapon, the hand ax more intended as a blocking item, yet thrashing into the rat ogre with it isn't out of his imagination if such an opportunity presents itself.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #169 on: October 24, 2016, 04:52:29 PM »
Simon hacks away!

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #170 on: October 24, 2016, 08:32:02 PM »
Seeing the big rat giving his new friend a beating, Billy bleats in anger before lunging at the monster's exposed back, bringing down both axe and bludgeon on the beast. 'Let! Go! Of! My! Badger!'