home

Author Topic: WK's Masters of the Universe - She-Ra added (update 01/08)  (Read 37220 times)

Offline White Knight

• Members
Re: WK's Masters of the Universe - Baracus (Mr. T) added (update 2/1)
« Reply #250 on: January 03, 2021, 10:29:50 AM »
 :icon_lol: Or do a bunch of unhelmetted palace guard commandos with heads for Rambo, Arnold, Chuck Norris, etc...

Well ... feel free to go in the direction of making the rest of the A-Team, too. :icon_wink: :icon_lol:

I won't do other characters, but was considering doing a second Baracus to ride a Battle Ram and maybe painting that vehicle in black with red accents. :unsure:

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #251 on: January 04, 2021, 02:31:24 AM »
All these years later and people still talk about Mr.T

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #252 on: January 04, 2021, 07:19:50 PM »
 :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #253 on: January 05, 2021, 05:46:05 PM »
Mr. T is an icon who will stand the test of time. Until us oldies who remember his heyday are gone. Then it will be over.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #254 on: January 05, 2021, 06:00:51 PM »
:icon_lol: Or do a bunch of unhelmetted palace guard commandos with heads for Rambo, Arnold, Chuck Norris, etc...

Well ... feel free to go in the direction of making the rest of the A-Team, too. :icon_wink: :icon_lol:

I won't do other characters, but was considering doing a second Baracus to ride a Battle Ram and maybe painting that vehicle in black with red accents. :unsure:
:icon_lol: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #255 on: January 08, 2021, 08:38:15 PM »
I pity the fool who don't remember Mr. T  :dry:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline White Knight

• Members
Re: WK's Masters of the Universe - Tekno with Laser Arm added (update 10/1)
« Reply #256 on: January 10, 2021, 02:50:07 PM »
Cosmic Enforcers - Tekno, with Laser Arm

The Cosmic Enforcers are neutral characters, who are guardians tasked with maintaining balance in the Universe. They participate little in conflict but can aid either the heroic or evil sides in their hour of need. The most famous of their kind is Zodac/Zodak, but there are others that exist in canon and beyond. Tekno is one such Enforcer. Equipped with an interchangeable mechanical arm, like Trapjaw, Tekno appears to be a cyborg.

The model is a conversion, based on a privately commissioned model with the addition of a Quest Miniatures Trapjaw arm. For the base colour, grey was chosen to reflect the neutral stance of this faction.

Tekno is a bit of an unusual character in that, although adopted by many fans as another Cosmic Enforcer, he wasn't a real MotU character. In the early 2000s, Argentina toy company Tops Toys released a range of action figures using the vintage MotU moulds, combining and recolouring parts to create all new characters under the Fuerza-T label. Tekno, was one such characters, combining parts from, among others, Zodak, Trapjaw, Man-E-Faces and standard furred boots, with the addition of a smooth version of the furry trunks.

Packaging of the action figure and fantastic fan art by Mike Bock:

You do not belong here, Anti-He-Man!

The balance must be preserved! Turn back or perish, minions of Skeletor!

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #257 on: January 10, 2021, 07:56:29 PM »
nice!! did you do trap jaw yet?
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #258 on: January 10, 2021, 09:24:27 PM »
Not yet, but I do have a model for him.

Offline White Knight

• Members
Re: WK's Masters of the Universe - Tekno with Claw Arm added (update 12/1)
« Reply #259 on: January 12, 2021, 02:55:13 PM »
Cosmic Enforcers - Tekno, with Claw Arm

The Cosmic Enforcer Tekno is a cyborg, having different types of mechanical arms at his disposal, much like the fiend Trap Jaw. Here, he is shown with his Claw Arm.

With Tekno having no fixed background in MotU canon, I'm still undecided whether to make him a full-fledged character or to use him as an armybuilder type grunt, to give some low level warriors to this faction, like with the Eternos guards and Skeletor's various cannon fodder. There is a certain simplicity to the Tekno uniform when compared to other Cosmic Enforcers like Zodac or Strobo.

Claw against claw!

Your swords are no match for my steel claw!

Both my versions of Tekno so far

Offline White Knight

• Members
Re: WK's Masters of the Universe - Mumm-Ra added (update 31/1)
« Reply #260 on: January 31, 2021, 02:36:38 PM »
Expanding the 30mm scale MotU project with Thundercats characters (after all, it's canon now), starting with the powered up Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living!
https://motu-wargames.blogspot.com/2021/01/mumm-ra-mutants-mumm-ra-ever-living.html

Mumm-Ra is the main antagonist of the ThunderCats and, like Skeletor, a powerful sorceror. The Thundercats are the only thing standing in his way of ruling Third Earth with evil. His normal appearance is that of a weakened, withered mummy. He serves as the undead focus for the Ancient Spirits of Evil—four god-like entities of nearly unlimited power, whose influence is limited to the Black Pyramids, so that they can only interact with the outside world through Mumm-Ra. They provide him with immortality, as granted through his sarcophagus in exchange for perpetual servitude. He can call upon them to alter his form by reciting the following incantation: "Ancient spirits of evil, transform this decayed form to Mumm-Ra, the Ever-Living!", transforming him into a tall, muscular fiend.

A recent DC comic miniseries saw the heroes and fiends of Third Earth crossover into Eternia, with Skeletor and Mumm-Ra joining forces and the Thundercats teaming up with the Heroic warriors to defeat them. Hence, I'm feeling there is enough basis to include them into this project and the powered up Mumm-Ra is the first one to join.

The model was a limited edition 'not' Mumm-Ra tribute, which was further converted by my friend Fancagne Didier to perfectly match the original cartoon's fiend's appearance. Being a big fellow, he has a larger base than the other figures.

To illustrate the size, and as I haven't painted any Thundercats yet, Mumm-Ra is show here with another great evil, King Hiss.

He may seem big, but that is the appropriate size as Mumm-Ra, in his Ever-Living form, was much larger than anyone else, which as a kid bothered me immensely since I had gotten used to MotU's everyone-comes-from-the-same-mould approach.

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #261 on: February 01, 2021, 08:44:16 AM »
And WK still painting weird miniatures also makes me feel like I never left. Good stuff, WK.
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #262 on: February 01, 2021, 09:33:55 AM »
I remember having a VHS tape which had most of the advertisements at the front of it damaged/spliced. I recall seeing the adds for Pole position and Thundercats but not being sure what they were [as much of them were damaged]

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #263 on: February 01, 2021, 05:32:43 PM »
whoa
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Brother Sutek

• Members
« Reply #264 on: February 02, 2021, 12:55:18 AM »
That is glorious! Thundercats was one of my favorites.
I may disagree with what you say but I respect your right to be punished for it.

"CRRUUDDDAAAAAAACCCCEEEEEEE!!!!!!" <shakes fist at the sky>
-Pirate Robot Ninja of Death

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #265 on: February 03, 2021, 08:03:30 AM »
I once saw a MOTU Battlecat that had been painted to look like Lion-o

Offline White Knight

• Members
Mumm-Ra & the Mutants - Mumm-Ra Weakened Form

While the previous update showed Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living in all his power, Mumm-Ra most commonly takes on a more weakened form, where he is a mere husk of his former self. It is only when he calls upon the power of the Ancient Spirits of Evil that he is turned from his wretched state into the powerhouse that is Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living...

Like the previous version, Mumm-Ra in his weakened form was a limited edition tribute figure that came in a set with the other one.

And a side by side of both versions of Mumm-Ra:

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
haha nice work love it
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Another example of ... have He-Man, will travel. :icon_wink: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
I need to share this.
The other day, I bought a forty litre storage tub full of old toys [I'm planning on reselling them]. There was a Mumm-ra in the lot

Offline Brother Sutek

• Members
Looking great!
I may disagree with what you say but I respect your right to be punished for it.

"CRRUUDDDAAAAAAACCCCEEEEEEE!!!!!!" <shakes fist at the sky>
-Pirate Robot Ninja of Death

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
he dude what did you think of the Kevin Smith's He-Man reboot ??? If you have not seen it, its on Netflix ... I liked it
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline White Knight

• Members
Re: WK's Masters of the Universe - Mumm-Ra weakened form added (update 20/6)
« Reply #273 on: August 01, 2021, 03:19:29 PM »
I've still got to watch it, but the trailer looked good and I'm not put off by what I've read about the controverse online.

Offline White Knight

• Members
Re: WK's Masters of the Universe - She-Ra added (update 01/08)
« Reply #274 on: August 01, 2021, 03:20:00 PM »
Definitely rusty on painting female faces at 30mm scale, but I'm calling her done. 30mm She-Ra joins the Great Rebellion:
https://motu-wargames.blogspot.com/2021/08/great-rebellion-she-ra-princess-of-power.html

Great Rebellion - She-Ra, Princess of Power

She-Ra is Prince Adam/He-Man's twin sister, who leads the group of freedom fighters known as the Great Rebellion in the fight to free Etheria from the rule of Hordak and the Evil Horde. Wielding the twin sword to He-Man's Sword of Power, the Sword of Protection, she is He-Man's female counterpart in every way.

Like her brother, she was born on the planet Eternia to King Randor and Queen Marlena, as Princess Adora. Unlike her brother, she was kidnapped at birth by Hordak and taken to Etheria, where she grew up and served as a mind-controlled Horde Force Captain before He-Man learned of her existence and brought the Sword of Protection to her. While she was briefly reunited with her parents on Eternia, She-Ra decided to return to Etheria and lead the Great Rebellion against Hordak.

Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic sword and said... By the power of Grayskull!

It's been a while since I painted 30mm figures and I was struggling a lot. I'm afraid my painting didn't do justice to the excellent model, which is another limited run resin tribute figure. I also decided to switch my Great Rebellion base colour over to the standard Heroic Warriors green bases as they aren't really a separate faction in the strict sense like the various Evil factions that are just as likely to fight each other instead of the good guys.

My very limited progress on the Great Rebellion so far. I need to paint up a few more figures for them:

Defending Castle Grayskull from Hordak and his Imp:

The twins. I do have another He-Man model waiting to be painted in the sword held aloft pose, which will be a better pairing for pictures: