home

Author Topic: Huntsmen  (Read 13779 times)

Offline smashthedean

• Members
Re: Huntsmen
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2009, 09:26:06 PM »
I think same point-cost, 5+ unit size would be enough for me. Longbows would be alright, but I don't really think I'd be using this unit for shooting so much as rushing war machine crews, march-blocking, and diverting chargers. Honestly I'd probably like an option for additional hand weapon (pistols would be best, but that'll never happen and wouldn't make sense) more than anything to make sure the crews go down.

Offline Skyros

• Members
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2009, 05:00:39 PM »
This is probably the weakest unit in our lineup now, I feel.

I'm just not going to take a unit of 10 of them.

They were basically fine in the 6th edition. Give them back their longbows and make their unit size 5-10.

I would also like to see +1BS :)

Offline Empireguard

• Members
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2009, 10:04:03 PM »
Yes just give them longbows back
Unit size 5-20
No 0-1 restriction
Do not count towards min core units.
Same points

And none of this back powder stuff or traps. Trust me on this if the GW guys took most of our ideas then the game would take forever. You need to keep things simple.

Ps just a note you can actually take them in units of 5 now if they are a detachment. It’s just they have to be deployed with 3” of a parent unit so the scout rule doesn’t get much use. 
Please help create a comprehensive data base of every Wargaming model ever made by clicking here.

Offline Skyros

• Members
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2009, 08:42:56 PM »

Ps just a note you can actually take them in units of 5 now if they are a detachment. It’s just they have to be deployed with 3” of a parent unit so the scout rule doesn’t get much use.

But since they no longer have longbows there is literally no reason to do that :p

Offline Empireguard

• Members
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2009, 09:47:31 PM »
But since they no longer have longbows there is literally no reason to do that :p

well not much reason. it does mean you can have them an extra 3" closer e.g. 24” deployment zone to they can start 21” inches away from the enemy, so I guess that could mean an extra round of shooting (who ho 5 extra bow shot in a game will help a lot :icon_rolleyes:).  However yes not really any good reason I was just saying it’s possible.

Please help create a comprehensive data base of every Wargaming model ever made by clicking here.

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2009, 11:50:34 PM »
I agree basically but give them the options of longbows, or dropping breech blocks, minimum size of 5 no max but may not be largest ballistic unit in the army.  You've got to have at least the same number of crossbows, hand guns or regular bows in other units in the army. 

I still think the "build a unit" concept is the best though.

"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.

Offline Johedl

• Members
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2009, 11:01:06 AM »
I don´t agree with the idea of a decreased minimum size. 10 Huntsmen are not a big unit and not that hard to deploy as it is.
Longbows might be good for archers but for huntsmen it would only mean an additional 3" of short range. They can deploy within rang anyhow so why pay the extra points?
But I agree that the 0-1 rule should change. Perhaps like WE scouts they should be limited to no more than the number of units of archers.

Offline Inarticulate

• Members
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2009, 11:36:58 AM »
I want them to have firearms, not longbows. Scout, skirmishing handgunners with bs4.
I for one welcome our new flying cat overlords.

Offline Derek Contyre

• Members
  • Duke of Nueremburg
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2009, 10:55:14 AM »
I like the idea of skirmishing scouts with move and fire hand guns but with twelve inches and +1 to hit. But they are options to upgrade of 6point huntsmen.

i think that would be balanced, you know? dark elves have multiple shot bs5 scouts which can take great weapons. . . why can't our technology and training give us skirmisher scouts with handguns or move and fire hand guns at least?
A man who builds his army around his fluff . . . respect . . .  :::cheers:::

Offline kk14

• Members
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2009, 11:29:36 AM »
I agree with the OP: Unit size 5, Longbows.

Keep it simple.
If you can't convince the voters to accept your view, and you take to the gun, you are by definition anti-American.

Veni, Vidi, domum meum redire volo.

Offline nub5

• Members
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2010, 07:01:20 AM »
Hunting Traps
+1 point per model

Nominate D3 pieces of scenery on the battlefield, except hills.
Any unit that moves into the terrain piece will take D6 S3 hits.
One use only.

I miss my Forestjaegers  :icon_cry:
Empire,  HUA!   :biggriin:
And the dice like non-proxied, painted minis. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_lol:

Offline Priest_of_Morr

• Members
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2010, 06:32:57 PM »
I agree longbows need to be brought back, the captains can have them so why can't hunters who are suppose to be the hunters/scouts for the army! Also 10 min is to many maybe 5-8 min would be a good idea!!