home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 527410 times)

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #5500 on: September 17, 2018, 04:04:49 PM »
I admit and I suppose its no surprise for any of you, but I am pretty stupid.

I was being charge since November 2017 and extra 25-30 euros per month by Vodafone, and I just found out.
First 2 calls, the guys would say its something you bought/used with your cellphone and its a third party. They could not give me the name of the third party, but they would give me back the last month and block those charges.

It was a total of $230 euros so I kept insisting and finally one girl called me back to tell me it was a mistake on the system and she apologized.

Sadly, I am not able to get my $230 euros back but I can only get it as credit into my account. I suppose this is the best I can get.
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #5501 on: September 18, 2018, 10:48:18 AM »
well, at least your phone is paid for for a while...

Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #5502 on: September 18, 2018, 12:24:54 PM »
Sounds phoney to me.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #5503 on: September 19, 2018, 10:11:26 AM »
Better that than nothing. Still, this is some bullshit on their part.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5504 on: September 20, 2018, 03:27:49 PM »
My 6 month old daughter is having surgery a week from now. I'm starting to feel anxiety about it all. She's oblivious but her mother and I are just worrying ourselves.  Its really sinking in at work right now and I'm trying to keep it together and focused.

I know she'll be fine but its just scary.  Especially the recovery since she'll have a catheter in for 5 days after the surgery.  She's so small and loves to squirm and flip over and try to crawl.  How is she going to do that with stitches, bandages and a catheter?  How do you prevent her from hurting herself? I wish I could take the whole following week of from work but after having mono earlier this month I doubt my company would be okay with that. I am taking the day of the surgery and the following day off but I just want to be there for her while she recovers.
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5505 on: September 21, 2018, 01:13:11 AM »
My 6 month old daughter is having surgery a week from now. I'm starting to feel anxiety about it all. She's oblivious but her mother and I are just worrying ourselves.  Its really sinking in at work right now and I'm trying to keep it together and focused.

I know she'll be fine but its just scary.  Especially the recovery since she'll have a catheter in for 5 days after the surgery.  She's so small and loves to squirm and flip over and try to crawl.  How is she going to do that with stitches, bandages and a catheter?  How do you prevent her from hurting herself? I wish I could take the whole following week of from work but after having mono earlier this month I doubt my company would be okay with that. I am taking the day of the surgery and the following day off but I just want to be there for her while she recovers.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope it all goes well

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5506 on: October 06, 2018, 02:07:34 AM »
Baby's surgery went "by the book" according to the doctor and a 5 day catheter was not required. Sleep has been non existent for about 7-8 days since we had to alternate between infant Tylenol and infant Motrin every 3 hours to manage her pain. A couple of days ago we finally got her to bed around her usual time per-surgery and she's sleeping through the night again. The catheter incision for anesthesia has closed up and no longer requires gauze. Her surgical incision's skin glue has mostly flaked off and the padding we've put over it got dirty so now we are going padding free.  It honestly moved around so much under her clothes and in the mesh that it was never really covering the surgical incision so I don't think my daughter will miss it.  The catheter incision is about the size of a small scratch, the surgical incision is about 5 inches long and with the skin glue almost flaked completely off it looks like a deep red line around her left side.  Its ghastly to look out and feels like a stab to the heart when I look upon it but I just love her so much and I am glad she's not feeling pain. I cannot wait until she completely heals.  Its not helping her recovery that she is on the verge of having a tooth erupt and caught a small cold (probably from the hospital as my wife has it too) and her coughs are alarming.  I'm so proud of her.  She's a tough cookie.
 :::cheers:::
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #5507 on: October 06, 2018, 03:14:12 AM »
REALLY glad to hear she's doing okay Feanor! Hang in there!

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5508 on: October 06, 2018, 03:46:17 AM »
I hope she recovers

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #5509 on: October 07, 2018, 06:35:22 PM »
The smaller the child the worse these kind of things are. I hope she'll continue recovering with ease.
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5510 on: October 12, 2018, 02:27:32 AM »
Hope all goes well Feanar. When dealing with those kind of things, it makes me not want complain about what I think troubles are.
I will have to give up the home I’ve had for 28 years. I’ve got my parents ( whom I’ve been taking care of for a very long time) heading for the old age home. My mom has short term memory problems and my father is just a grizzled old prick but he’s family. Made a deal I can’t refuse for the house but where we are going is a far cry from where we are and it all has to happen for the 1st of November. I think I’ll have to pack up the hobby stuff for another year or so.  The place we are looking at just doesn’t have a hobby appeal so I may just dump everything and call it quits. Most of our stuff is heading for the dump or donated. Too bad, I will have to let a lot of family stuff go. In one way, it sucks but in another way it is liberating. No more will I have sentimental attachments to bog me down. Time to start new again and see where we land.
I’ll just dedicate the next year to working every hour I can. The good part is I can still do this and there is always the forum to keep in touch with the hobby.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #5511 on: October 12, 2018, 11:53:39 AM »
hope the kids ok Feanor!
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #5512 on: October 12, 2018, 12:01:31 PM »
How is she doing now, 6 days later? Hope there's good improvement. Kids are usually very good at healing.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #5513 on: October 17, 2018, 12:46:28 PM »
Keeping my fingers crossed Feanor.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #5514 on: October 17, 2018, 01:16:57 PM »
She's doing very well. We are weening her off the pain meds and she is back to her old self. She is being a bit of a brat but I think its because Grandma and Grandpa have been staying with us for the past couple of weeks. The incisions looks similar to if you scrapped your knee badly so its been much improved. I am hoping she'll return to daycare by late next week or the week after but we'll see.
― Jake the Dog

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #5515 on: October 17, 2018, 01:19:41 PM »
That's great to here! :smile2:

Gneisenau

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #5516 on: October 17, 2018, 06:38:18 PM »
Huzzah for baby Fire Heart!

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5517 on: October 18, 2018, 04:51:19 AM »
On a lighter note
Someone broke into the store room at my workplace and stole two 11 litre tubs of dishwashing liquid. JUST WHO needs 22 litres of dish washing liquid?
JUST WHO does that sort of thing? It left my workmates and I all scratching our heads. Is there a black market dishwashing liquid racket in town?

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #5518 on: October 18, 2018, 04:09:36 PM »
I've actually heard about this before . Apparently dish washing liquid and soap are REALLY popular to steal or shop lift. Its the kind of thing that's really good to sell because it can move quickly, anyone and everyone can/will buy it, and there's no real identification of any kind. Pour it into an old bottle and sell it for retail prices and boom! Real easy money with no hassle about dealing with stolen cloths or jewelry or anything.

The resort I use to work at use to have a huge problem with it. The closest corner store that sold laundry soap was 2 hours away, and the resort jacked the price of what they sold up a ton. So locals would shop up with little bottles of laundry detergent and sell it out of the back of the car. Guests would buy mountains of it. and of course all of it was stolen from the nearby wallmart or something.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5519 on: October 18, 2018, 05:57:09 PM »
Sounds like the thief might 'clean up' ……… ………. ……….. …..  :engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #5520 on: October 19, 2018, 01:55:14 AM »
Boooo!

Bring back the inquisition and purge the punsters!   ::heretic:: ::heretic:: ::heretic::

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #5521 on: October 20, 2018, 02:00:34 PM »
Now I have this image in my head of some punks, snorting dishwashing liquid.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5522 on: October 21, 2018, 12:21:19 PM »
Not sure if this is in the wrong thread because it ends with starting with a whole new start. The unhappy part is almost everything I’ve thought I was working towards has/ is ending. It’s extremely liberating in one sense to have very little to be attached too as 28 years of life, family and all associated stuff disappears. I really don’t think I have the heart to continue the hobby anymore. I’m going to pack all the crap up again and contemplate selling it all. The house we're going to has a 5x11 room that I’m pretty sure I can finish to an every square inch used to the max and maybe I will but I’m going to reduce everything to storage boxes and think pretty hard about it. None of my old pre Warhammer gaming stuff seems to make sense anymore so it’s heading for the dump. All my fathers train stuff and modelling stuff (where I got the bug from) has been taken apart and dismantled to be sold off or trashed. We all have to go thru it eventually so it’s all good. I just find I want nothing to remind me of the life here  which was hard but healthy and will start fresh in November.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #5523 on: October 21, 2018, 06:47:23 PM »
Good to learn Feanor's daughter is moving forward with progress! :icon_cool: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #5524 on: October 21, 2018, 08:54:39 PM »
Sounds like a pretty massive change Artoban. I'm sorry to hear such great stuff is going, but sometimes a fresh start in life really is what is needed.