home

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 174633 times)

Offline Jaeckel

• View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1650 on: February 28, 2018, 06:53:00 AM »
Hi there,
My name is Jaeckel, I've been working on an Empire army for a couple of years. I intend to post pictures, seek advice and possibly a few models missing :)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: February 28, 2018, 11:46:36 AM »
Welcome! You’ve come to the right place. Enjoy!
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

Offline Xathrodox86

• Bar Brawlers
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
    • View Profile
    • It always rains in Nuln
« Reply #1652 on: March 01, 2018, 10:13:28 AM »
The place sure is right. Welcome Jaeckel. :smile2:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Pisistratus

• View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: March 07, 2018, 03:59:50 PM »
Oh, man, I'm not exactly new here but I haven't visited for several years...

So what's new? How's Warhammer-Empire holding up? Are people still playing 8th edition, or have they rather moved on to AoS and/or T9A? Is this place as busy as I remember it? Where's my ale?  :smile2:

I myself in the meantime have acquires small Dwarf, High Elf and Ogre forces to accompany my Empire army which also grows occasionally since sometimes when I see old models up for sale I can't help myself.  :blush: I also started dabbling in game called Malifaux, an interesting change both in style and format.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 04:13:10 PM by Pisistratus »

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Europe, Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: March 07, 2018, 06:45:02 PM »
It's quieter for sure, and many old faces have vanished or aren't seen that often anymore. But there's a small but steady flow of new faces & their great Empire stuff. The Brush & Palette is still going strong, and is the busiest part of the forum these days (dunno about the back table). All kinds of projects & eye candy still there.

All the systems you mentioned are being played, plus several more, but there's very little of that old gamer talk in the tactics section these days, and extremely few army lists and game reports. I guess all that moved over to the appropriate game forums. W-E became more about the minis & the atmosphere of Empire & related stuff.

Welcome back. Maybe show some of your new acquired minis? Have you painted them?  :-)

-Z
Simulation over gaming. Because fantasy matters.

Offline Pisistratus

• View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: March 08, 2018, 01:34:12 PM »
Thanks! The Dwarfs and Ogres are done I'm about halfway through the Elf contingent. :) I'll try to post some pics in the Brush&Palette on the weekend.  :smile2:

Offline Ayielin

• View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: April 16, 2018, 12:54:42 PM »
Hi there my fellow Empire players!

I'm pretty new to playing Empire, I started playing around halfway through last year with my mates and just fell in love with the system and the army. I'm coming over from 40k where I used to play Imperial Guard / Tempestus. My friends and I weren't a fan of the new 40k edition so we've all made the switch to WHFB 8th edition.

I've got a moderately sized Empire collection, mainly second-hand stuff, and I'm trying to improve my skills in the game. I'm always looking for advice and feedback on how to get better and win more battles, this forum looks like an excellent resource and I look forward to learning new stuff!

Nice to meet you all :)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: April 16, 2018, 02:00:55 PM »
You have made the right choice, good sir. Every type of advice can be found here 😺
Welcome.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: April 16, 2018, 03:15:31 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• intres cum fixura sine misericordia
    • View Profile
    • Mattiknifes blog
« Reply #1659 on: April 16, 2018, 04:46:21 PM »
We can advice on many things! Now just remember to pay the tithe to the Church of Sigmar and it will be fine
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!