home

Author Topic: Chumley Warner's Empire. 3D printing  (Read 1801521 times)

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
    • www.facebook.com/rtedders
Re: Chumley Warner's Empire. Touch Up Dwarf
« Reply #6575 on: December 31, 2014, 12:55:36 AM »
I have 110 pikes (waiting to be painted and some more pikes needed), I've seen some historical gamers using 100+ pike blocks, a glorious sight to behold!
That would be freakin' cool to see!! What battles would you re-fight? Thirty Years War? War of the Spanish Succession?

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
Re: Chumley Warner's Empire. Marauder Minis 87' Peg Captain on Lumi Horse
« Reply #6576 on: December 31, 2014, 03:55:56 PM »
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

• Members
« Reply #6577 on: December 31, 2014, 03:56:40 PM »
Now that to me looks like how the Empire Knights should look  :wink:
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #6578 on: December 31, 2014, 06:35:06 PM »
 :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #6579 on: December 31, 2014, 07:30:58 PM »
Love the 'stash!   :eusa_clap:

• Members
« Reply #6580 on: December 31, 2014, 08:48:29 PM »
I appreciate it's a basic paint job, I undercoated 100% grey and speed painted , 2 hours all in, hair dryer used for washes

Offline wilsonthenarc

• Members
« Reply #6581 on: December 31, 2014, 09:38:39 PM »
Now that to me looks like how the Empire Knights should look  :wink:
Agreed

Offline Silver Wolf

• Members
  • I see lead people.
« Reply #6582 on: January 05, 2015, 07:26:18 PM »
Now that's a proper mounted captain of the Empire.  :icon_biggrin:
"Watch the skies, traveler."
Check out my wargaming blog - The Forge of War

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #6583 on: January 06, 2015, 01:01:00 PM »
Nothing else to add. Chumley, this could be the start of a renaissance in the empire. Make that model official! Do it!
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

• Members
« Reply #6584 on: January 06, 2015, 01:13:56 PM »
I am creating the ultimate Knights unit, old riders with Lumi horse , keep an eye out !

• Members
« Reply #6585 on: January 06, 2015, 04:18:35 PM »
I have a treasure quest for all Pirates,

Go fourth and find the Nuln Spearman !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoskAcs94Uo

• Members
Re: Chumley Warner's Empire. Wood Bunring Stove
« Reply #6586 on: January 07, 2015, 11:03:45 AM »
Sorry for this interlude,

Strange one I know!

I am installing a wood burning stove in my house, a big one, to further take me off grid after my recent Solar Panel ventures.

The problem is that you have to buy the wood, which is ok up to a point...

I'm looking for a tree surgeon on this forum, maybe that is your profession or you know one who also likes warhammer!!?!

Or maybe you are a farmer in the UK with a large land holding, who had occasional trees falling down and drying out...

Anyway, the trade is, wood for my burner, in exchange for me painting models for you !

To a high standard of course

PM me !

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #6587 on: January 07, 2015, 02:46:43 PM »
Sorry for this interlude,

Strange one I know!

I am installing a wood burning stove in my house, a big one, to further take me off grid after my recent Solar Panel ventures.

The problem is that you have to buy the wood, which is ok up to a point...

I'm looking for a tree surgeon on this forum, maybe that is your profession or you know one who also likes warhammer!!?!

Or maybe you are a farmer in the UK with a large land holding, who had occasional trees falling down and drying out...

Anyway, the trade is, wood for my burner, in exchange for me painting models for you !

To a high standard of course

PM me !

On an odd note does the UK have regulations about the distance fire wood can be moved...since we do in the states for the sake of preventing the spread of disease and various invasive tree destroying insects.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #6588 on: January 07, 2015, 10:45:58 PM »
No. As a small island we try to keep them off the island. Like rabies.
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #6589 on: January 07, 2015, 11:48:51 PM »
We try. Sadly we lost lots of elms to "Dutch Elm Disease" - where are we meant to hang anyone now? - and now we have "Ash Dieback Disease".

Unlike a lot of the UK I am pro-Europe but please keep your tree-slaying diseases to yourselves, guys! :icon_cry:

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
« Reply #6590 on: January 07, 2015, 11:51:53 PM »
We try. Sadly we lost lots of elms to "Dutch Elm Disease" - where are we meant to hang anyone now? - and now we have "Ash Dieback Disease".

Unlike a lot of the UK I am pro-Europe but please keep your tree-slaying diseases to yourselves, guys! :icon_cry:
That "hang anyone" comment was pretty gross, I.M.O, especially considering I'm Irish. Two words, Oliver. Cromwell!! #disgusted  :icon_sad: :icon_sad: :icon_sad: :icon_sad:

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #6591 on: January 08, 2015, 12:46:30 AM »
Well, that was a throw away historical comment about the Northern European tradition (citation needed) of hanging criminals on elm trees. I'm reading a book about hanging at the moment (yes, bad things happened in history and I want to learn about them!) and it was on my mind. I'm still on the 13th Century at the moment, so I can't comment on Interregnum corporal punishment methods.

No offence intended. Plainly, I thought.

If you are going to take offence at any group of words that can be related to anything bad that has ever happened to an Irishman, then I suggest that neither the written nor spoken word are for you. And maybe games simulating warfare should be avoided, because I've heard there were once wars in Ireland. With guns and spears and blood and all sorts. Gross.

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
« Reply #6592 on: January 08, 2015, 12:53:37 AM »
Well, that was a throw away historical comment about the Northern European tradition (citation needed) of hanging criminals on elm trees. I'm reading a book about hanging at the moment (yes, bad things happened in history and I want to learn about them!) and it was on my mind. I'm still on the 13th Century at the moment, so I can't comment on Interregnum corporal punishment methods.

No offence intended. Plainly, I thought.

If you are going to take offence at any group of words that can be related to anything bad that has ever happened to an Irishman, then I suggest that neither the written nor spoken word are for you. And maybe games simulating warfare should be avoided, because I've heard there were once wars in Ireland. With guns and spears and blood and all sorts. Gross.
I suppose I was offended not specifically by your commenting on the punishment of hanging, but because I felt you were being flippant about it.
In all seriousness, however, were any records ever kept about what gallows used to be made of? I'm sure oak, ash, beech, birch, pine or even chestnut would do just as well...?

Offline The Red Graf

• Members
  • Slava Ukraini, Alba gu brąth!
« Reply #6593 on: January 08, 2015, 01:49:22 AM »
No I don't imagine a pine would do very well at all.
ultima ratio regum

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
« Reply #6594 on: January 08, 2015, 01:53:05 AM »
No I don't imagine a pine would do very well at all.
Let me guess; only hardwoods would work for a gallows, and pine is a soft wood?

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #6595 on: January 08, 2015, 01:55:40 AM »
Well, for the victim it was a pine in the neck, but what can you do? Life is a beech.

Offline The Red Graf

• Members
  • Slava Ukraini, Alba gu brąth!
« Reply #6596 on: January 08, 2015, 01:57:11 AM »
Unless I miss understood him Shadespyre was talking about hanging someone from a tree, not using the wood for a gallows, so unless we are talking about Christmas ornaments, then no I don't think a pine is the tree you want.
ultima ratio regum

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #6597 on: January 08, 2015, 02:46:46 PM »
well dude I have hundreds of acres of tree laden forest you could have free access to but I think thousands of miles of travel would defeat the purpose, and shipping seems to be out of the question but good luck in your wood gathering adventure.  :-P
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #6598 on: January 08, 2015, 07:27:15 PM »
Unless I miss understood him Shadespyre was talking about hanging someone from a tree, not using the wood for a gallows...

Yes, that's correct. From my reading so far it seems that the famous place of execution at Tyburn, London was referred to as "the elms" even in Norman and later times when a gibbet existed. I haven't cross-referenced yet, but I assume this is due to an Anglo Saxon and/or Norse tradition.

I saw an excellent show by comedian Wil Hodgson about British Hangmen in Edinburgh this summer (it wasn't a comedy show per se, but contained humour nonetheless). Similarly I can see how a comment I intended to be darkly and ironically humorous good be considered in poor taste with insufficient context, so sorry for that.

As for records about what gallows etc are made out of, I suspect that there are detailed records, particularly from the 19th and 20th centuries when hanging became (an albeit grim) science of sorts.

Also, having read about the Hundred Years War and the detailed records made by civil servants in the 1300s, I would bet that quite old records exist about gallows somewhere, as someone would have built them and submitted a bill. Some things have changed surprisingly little in 800 years.

@zak - how do you have a forest? and how exactly would you have one that WASN'T tree laden??? :)

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
« Reply #6599 on: January 08, 2015, 07:30:18 PM »
@Shadespyre: I THINK zak is joking. He seems to be in Scandinavia and is implying there're many forests across it; problem is he doesn't own them!! ;-) :-D