home

Author Topic: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (update: out)  (Read 296424 times)

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (Marienburg & HE up next)
« Reply #1100 on: January 07, 2018, 11:05:08 AM »
Looks like a busy start of the year. Partly inspired by your thread, I'm doing some undead this month.

The female wizard conversion is so extensive I wonder if some other body wouldn't have served as the base. There must be more female caster figures in a very similar pose. Then again, that conversion is exactly what I'd do! :)

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Haemagoblin

• Members
« Reply #1101 on: January 07, 2018, 12:18:41 PM »

What an awesome conversion, and great painting as well! Not relevant to what I was looking for, but I had to share. Click the link to check out the whole process and more photos.

Does this happen to belong to someone here? (If so, I must have missed it in the forum.)

You're too kind, sir! I saw some traffic coming into my blog from this forum and clicked through, since "warhammer-empire.com" sounded right up my street. And it is. I also wanted to thank you for making me aware this place existed; clearly I have been living under a rock, given how long this forum seems to have been here.

I look forward to seeing how your sculpt goes for the skeleton horse's rider  :-)

The female wizard conversion is so extensive I wonder if some other body wouldn't have served as the base. There must be more female caster figures in a very similar pose. Then again, that conversion is exactly what I'd do! :)

You're right, there are lots of models out there that would have been more intelligent choices! Basically if I see a model and I have an idea then all practical considerations fly out the window. Also plastic is easy to work with, whereas metal is a pain... and most places sell metal. That said I did use a metal model for my grey wizard, and a resin model for my amber wizard. Those were much less ambitious, though!

-Charlie

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1102 on: January 07, 2018, 02:30:43 PM »
Welcome to the forum Charlie!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #1103 on: January 07, 2018, 02:43:33 PM »
Welcome to W-E, and enjoying the wizard conversions on your site. :icon_cool: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1104 on: January 07, 2018, 03:21:59 PM »
Welcome Charlie! Cool blog you have indeed.  (Almost a yoda tone to the last line 😸)
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #1105 on: January 07, 2018, 06:21:09 PM »
Welcome, Charlie!

That said I did use a metal model for my grey wizard, and a resin model for my amber wizard. Those were much less ambitious, though!

More cool models - and I wouldn't necessarily say less ambitious, considering how you redid nearly the complete surfaces of the models with greenstuff. More traffic from this site, that's sure.  :-)

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #1106 on: January 08, 2018, 05:11:04 AM »
Glad to see you show up. You may see some traffic from the Lead Adventure forum too. I usually duplicate my posts in both places.

As I've said -- I love the conversion (and paint) on that figure. Totally transformed the figure, and to be honest, I like your conversion better than the original.

Offline Haemagoblin

• Members
« Reply #1107 on: January 08, 2018, 08:11:35 AM »
Welcome to the forum Charlie!

Thanks! I spent a bunch of time yesterday trawling through a few threads and being generally filled with Empire hobby glee :-)

Welcome to W-E, and enjoying the wizard conversions on your site. :icon_cool: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

Welcome, Charlie!

More cool models - and I wouldn't necessarily say less ambitious, considering how you redid nearly the complete surfaces of the models with greenstuff. More traffic from this site, that's sure.  :-)

Thanks guys  :-)

Welcome Charlie! Cool blog you have indeed.  (Almost a yoda tone to the last line 😸)

Kind, your words are. Forget them, I will not.    :icon_mrgreen:

Glad to see you show up. You may see some traffic from the Lead Adventure forum too. I usually duplicate my posts in both places.

As I've said -- I love the conversion (and paint) on that figure. Totally transformed the figure, and to be honest, I like your conversion better than the original.

{Checks Lead Adventure} yep, traffic indeed!

And that's high praise, sir, thank you.

I often seem to find myself spending time dialing GW sculpts back down to 10:-D

Oh, also, I checked out your Marienburg army... man, those guys have so much charm. I particularly like the banners!

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1108 on: January 11, 2018, 12:47:39 AM »

Thanks!

I ended up deciding to paint Lucrezzia in my old Mordheim Warband colors but did draw a bit of inspiration from Haemagoblin's mage for the dress. Tried to get a subtle pattern on the caparison, similar to the banner I painted on a Repanse model years ago. Not sure it turned out as well.

A peek at how I plan things out with thumbnail sketches before painting the model when I'm not sure how I want to proceed...

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1109 on: January 29, 2018, 12:47:40 AM »

A rushed attempt at filling in my need for a second mounted necromancer. About 30 min. of sculpting work on top of an old plastic Citadel skelehorse, and probably no more than another 30 min. painting. Turned out OK. Not professional looking or anything, but it's my own and has an oldschool sort of charm (i.e. not up to modern standards.) Progress shots and a final photo on my blog. http://www.zerotwentythree.com/2018/01/second-mounted-necro.html

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #1110 on: January 29, 2018, 04:37:46 PM »
Lucrezzia is beautiful model dude  :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1111 on: February 01, 2018, 03:35:30 AM »
Thanks.

That's three of my four mounted mages I've got painted. Now I'm stuck on colors for the last Empire mage.  :eusa_wall:

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1112 on: February 03, 2018, 05:26:46 AM »
Deleted duplicate....
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 04:10:32 PM by ZeroTwentythree »

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1113 on: February 03, 2018, 05:27:51 AM »
Two new skeleton ogres from Krakon Games to join the previous one.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 04:10:57 PM by ZeroTwentythree »

Offline Illumini

• Members
« Reply #1114 on: February 03, 2018, 10:08:38 AM »
The caparison looks great, the subtle freehand works very well.
Kislev Army Blog - https://mandollies.com

Offline scrubber

• Members
« Reply #1115 on: February 03, 2018, 06:32:55 PM »
Them Ogres are nice. Like the mix of races. What size are they compared to human skeleton.
On of my little bugs. When a Necromancer raise's his dead from a battlefield how come they are all human?

Offline stareso

• Members
« Reply #1116 on: February 04, 2018, 02:01:31 PM »
I am very impressed with Lucrezzia, the choice of colours is excellent - they work very well. That trick with the thumbnail painting is also useful, that will come in handy!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1117 on: February 04, 2018, 04:29:29 PM »
You’ve probably seen these guys but regarding your liking for skellies, you would do these justice. They are the shadespire models.

Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1118 on: February 04, 2018, 09:33:50 PM »
Them Ogres are nice. Like the mix of races. What size are they compared to human skeleton.
On of my little bugs. When a Necromancer raise's his dead from a battlefield how come they are all human?

I feel the same way. I've been working on collecting as many non-human skeletons as I can.

I don't have a good comparison pic, but this may give an idea of the size of the ogres.

You’ve probably seen these guys but regarding your liking for skellies, you would do these justice. They are the shadespire models.

I've seen those and love the figures. I wouldn't mind getting a set, eventually!

Maurice Dellamorte has been raising more troops...

Offline Drakenhof

• Members
« Reply #1119 on: February 09, 2018, 05:06:45 PM »
Wow, those black skellies are very original! Any related lore regarding those bones?

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1120 on: February 09, 2018, 07:21:07 PM »

The short version is that the necromancer, Maurice, uses his skeletons for night raids & terror attacks. The idea being that they're harder to see (and even more frightening) when painted/charred black, and the skeletons have an advantage as they don't need the daylight to "see" the same way as humans and similar diurnal creatures.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (...up next...)
« Reply #1121 on: February 11, 2018, 12:38:18 AM »
On the table...

...the heavy hitters of the Jackrabbit Trading Company, and some more of their goods. The chests and kegs are from WizKids. In spite of the "HD" and "Deep Cuts" labeling on the packaging, the detail is a bit shallow and soft. But the price was good, and I think they will look OK when painted up. I think I also need to go back and buy the adventurers camp for use with the JTC.

I recently started to organize some of my ideas for mercenary centered games/campaigns. Still a lot of work to do. Some of it is already in collections of notes, or in my head. I figured it was time to organize it: Of Mercenaries, Fighting & Gold (OMFG)

Daydreaming about solo gaming again. Measured up my basement and I don't think I can fit my table in. Further daydreaming about building some walls inside our (detached, un-insulated, unconditioned) garage to create a game "room." Unlikely. Getting the no-gaming-blues again.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1122 on: February 11, 2018, 02:09:14 AM »
Glorious!!  I have to say the JTC is an inspiration of yours that I’ve been waiting to see. I am glad to see so much progress on the ‘heavy hitters’.
You mention solo gaming. That’s all I do at the moment and it sounds a bit weird but I really enjoy it. It does get that itch out of the system.  Because of my room size I had to decrease from 4x6 to 3x5 which is actually too small but it’s all I can work with.

Here it is if you scroll thru.

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=52205.150
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1123 on: February 16, 2018, 03:38:02 AM »

Glorious!!  I have to say the JTC is an inspiration of yours that I’ve been waiting to see. I am glad to see so much progress on the ‘heavy hitters’.
You mention solo gaming. That’s all I do at the moment and it sounds a bit weird but I really enjoy it. It does get that itch out of the system.  Because of my room size I had to decrease from 4x6 to 3x5 which is actually too small but it’s all I can work with.

Here it is if you scroll thru.

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=52205.150

Thanks. I hadn't ventured into the AoS area before. :unsure: I think maybe a smaller table and a change in approach to gaming may be what is required. Still need to work it out.

(I'm also going to have to try that textured spray paint you're using if/when I get back around to some terrain again...)

Not much time for painting the past week or so, but did paint up a test mini from the unit of Westfalia goat knights.

Looking forward to getting some time to work on the rest of them!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #1124 on: February 16, 2018, 01:13:34 PM »
Never underestimate the anger of a goat!
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020