home

Author Topic: Raised prices of the Plastic Horses?  (Read 2351 times)

Offline Mathias

• Members
Raised prices of the Plastic Horses?
« on: March 09, 2012, 04:18:52 PM »
Okay, I am trying to figure out if I am crazy or not.

Did they just raid the prices of the plastic horses on the GW site?  I swear I checked about 5 days ago and they were 5 for $15.00.  I just checked now and they are $22.00.   Had anyone else looked at them recently?  Would GW seriously raise the price on these things?

I was debating buying about 25 horses for a project and with the new book coming was wondering if there would be a change or something.  I guess if they just jacked up the price then there wont be a change except charging more.
Member of the 'Metal is Best Because it is' Club

Pray your army doesn't get Cruddified like The Empire and Tomb Kings!

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
Re: Raised prices of the Plastic Horses?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 04:32:36 PM »
check your country code, I heard that the GW site messes up sometimes to AUS $ or NZ $..
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Mathias

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 04:42:29 PM »
Bingo!  How in the heck did I get set to AUS?  That makes no sense  :icon_biggrin:.

Thanks!
Member of the 'Metal is Best Because it is' Club

Pray your army doesn't get Cruddified like The Empire and Tomb Kings!

Offline Ambrose

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 06:15:55 PM »
Usually if you get to GW site from a link on another site.  This happens with me and ebay as well.

Ambrose
"Faith, Steel and Gunpowder"

Offline The Peacemaker

• Members
  • Baron Karl von Balombine of Wissenland
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 09:17:44 PM »
Heh, its $18 Canadian.
No wonder why I don't shop in my own country.

Whats sucks is that GW converts everything into the Pound for final revenue. So while you may be able to purchase items in a different currency at a lower price it doesn't matter cause it all depends on the pound - which isn't exactly the most substantial currency.
For Wissenland and the Countess!!!

My Painting Blog
My Entire Gallery

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 10:23:55 PM »
what are you saying about the queen's pound pal?!

just joking, the UK is rotten, 20 years of reliance on financial services and a slow drain of manufacturing to the east,

all we have here is cold weather and a stale pound , lol

Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline Sajek

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 11:34:14 PM »
UK pound or the US dollar.... I choose the pound, and I'm an Amercan!

Offline Ambrose

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 12:05:03 AM »

just joking, the UK is rotten, 20 years of reliance on financial services and a slow drain of manufacturing to the east,

And darn good beer!   :::cheers:::
"Faith, Steel and Gunpowder"

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 11:57:38 AM »

Although there are even better alternatives...
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Lord Solar Plexus

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2012, 09:08:41 PM »
Heh, its $18 Canadian.

Whats sucks is that GW converts everything into the Pound for final revenue. So while you may be able to purchase items in a different currency at a lower price it doesn't matter cause it all depends on the pound - which isn't exactly the most substantial currency.

I cannot follow you. Why does it not matter if I get the same product cheaper? I'm factually paying less, regardless of who exchanges what virtual money at which rate. Doesn't suck to get something cheaper either in my eyes...not?
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. - S. Clemens

www.tablepott.de - Wir sind das Ruhrgebiet!
www.rheinerftliga.haarrrgh.de

Offline The Peacemaker

• Members
  • Baron Karl von Balombine of Wissenland
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 09:24:47 PM »

I'm in Alberta, Canada, mixed ancenstry but technically half British from ancestors(Surname: Dyer) from the 1800's. In Canada, we only got like 150 years of our countries History. Before that we learned all about Britain, France, and our ties to the Queen and the Empire.
When I went to London last year I guess I had high expectations but was sadly dissapointed. I muttered to my friend whos been there for 4 years "look at these people, no wonder they lost the Empire".
I was told by one English guy from summerset that London is a shame and to not judge all of the UK from that city.
+ the polution made me so sick I threw up on the bus and had to walk from Heathrow airport to Harrow on the Hill with my luggage and cowboy hat. 5 Hours later my first impressions weren't great.

Heh, its $18 Canadian.

I cannot follow you. Why does it not matter if I get the same product cheaper? I'm factually paying less, regardless of who exchanges what virtual money at which rate. Doesn't suck to get something cheaper either in my eyes...not?
Oops, sorry. My second paragraph is refering to how GW prices its products in various countries.
Its greath that I can get a better price online when I go buy GW stuff from the states. What sucks is that instead of spending my money in my own country at my local games store I'm forced to buy abroad.
Its kinda a big reason some GW stores or Hobby stores close down - not enough buisness. And then there's one less place to go and play games at.

If there was roughly a 5% difference, or a couple of bucks, in price it wouldn't be so bad. But when I can get product from the states for 30% cheaper on a 120$ item and I just have to wait 2-3 weeks for shipping theres almost no point in buying from my local stores except for extreme impulse buy.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 09:29:07 PM by The Peacemaker »
For Wissenland and the Countess!!!

My Painting Blog
My Entire Gallery

Offline Alleton

• Members
  • I'm not unit champion, shoot someone else!
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 06:10:50 AM »

Says the guy that shoots cannons at Heineken (Granted, I agree it doesn't qualify as beer, just wanted to point that out.)
Demonslayer
 "hey, let's use one of those seals that keep ultimate darkness contained and use it to fry goblins, also have it be operated by the college janitor".

Warhammer Plog:
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=42622.msg751211#msg751211

• Members
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 06:49:04 AM »
Oops, sorry. My second paragraph is refering to how GW prices its products in various countries.
Its greath that I can get a better price online when I go buy GW stuff from the states. What sucks is that instead of spending my money in my own country at my local games store I'm forced to buy abroad.
Its kinda a big reason some GW stores or Hobby stores close down - not enough buisness. And then there's one less place to go and play games at.

Ah, I see, thanks for explaining. Still, isn't that the same with shoes and cars and food and medicine? I'm sure we could find Aspirin and Mercedes and Cheeseburgers and Levi Jeans at varying prices in different countries.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. - S. Clemens

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 11:45:08 AM »
I have been in this hobby over a decade.

Played probably 5 games in a GW store.

There are other places to play.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

• Members
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 02:05:16 PM »

You're not thinking of of Kriek, are you?  :-o

I like Cuvee des Trolls...