home

Author Topic: new to the empire  (Read 1980 times)

Offline srg2006

• Members
new to the empire
« on: July 04, 2013, 08:07:35 PM »
hello all as the subject yes im new to the empire. i played WOC as my first army and this is my second fantasy army, sold them. till sigmar lighted my way. :engel: but  :dry: to my dismay my army has not held up as well as i hope, looking for some help,
 what i have
40 state troops (20 sword mens and hailberders)
20 gunners
16 knights
2 cannons
1 heillstrom gun
3 mages one on horse
1 warrior priest
and karal
how is the best way to run them and what should i look into getting? please help a new player out

Offline Holy Hand Grenade

• Members
  • Never leave the Province without it...
Re: new to the empire
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 12:19:10 PM »
You can look in the Tactica Forum for army building tacticas.

Also, you scan through the Elector's Forum to find what people like to use and why.  Rothgar has a stickied thread called the 8e Empire Handbook that describes every unit and item.

My suggestion up front is for you to get something with hitting power.  You need Greatswords or Demigryphs to give your army some punch.

Most people run Halberds as their State troops, but you will want to run them in 40 size blocks or greater.  Small State troop blocks in 8th Edition are just not going to cut it.

You are also lacking in diverters/chaff.  I use lots of Archers (you can check out the Griffon Formation thread for more on this), but with your current models I would run some units of 5 Knights with musicians to help you dictate movement.

Hope that helps get you started.

:::cheers:::
HHG

If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

HHG's TDG/TEG Dice Tracker

Offline srg2006

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 01:04:10 AM »
thank you it does help I look up that thread. I do play on getting greatswords, and im going to run them 15+ and I picked up 10 more state troops, because of real life I could not get more this week but im going to run my main block of troops 48 and add a bsb and a WP. but yes you did help.

Offline Kelhaim von Horst

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 12:39:15 PM »
I also recommend looking at the Griffon formation tactica.

Greatswords are best in a unit of 30+, and State Troops in 40+. I have 30 Greatswords and a unit of 50 Halberds.

Archers are good redirection units, use them.