home

Author Topic: The Turkey Shoot Tournament  (Read 878 times)

Offline Delthos

• Members
  • Evil Polish Guy
The Turkey Shoot Tournament
« on: November 22, 2011, 08:24:45 PM »
Well the tournament doesn't really have a name but it is on Saturday after Thanksgiving so I'm calling it that!

If everyone turns up who said they are, it'll be a fun little local tournament. 3,000 points no restrictions.

As it stands including myself we may have 6 people. There will be me with Empire, my friend with Orcs & Goblins, an Ogre player, a Skaven player, a Bretonnian player, and a Vampire Counts player. I'm familiar with all of them and I'm most concerned with the Vampire Counts and Ogre player as they are very experienced players, with the Orcs & Goblins a close second as he's only played one game of 8th edition but is generally a good player. So I'm gearing my lists towards playing against those three and if I come up against the Skaven or Bretonnians I think I'll still do well. They are both new to Fantasy and don't yet have a good head for the tactics of it. They are all good guys, with no real cheese ball players though. It's gonna be fun.

Anyway, I'll be taking some pictures and writing up some reports. Now that I've got a lot more 8th edition experience, we'll see how well I do in a tournament environment. I did alright at 'Ard Boys but not phenominally, but now I've a bit more experience in 8th and I've played more armies so stay tuned...
Ostermark Photo Gallery
Ostermark Painting Log
"Kill 'em all and let Morr sort 'em out!" (General Ghent, Battle of Dumsky's Fallow)

Offline Delthos

• Members
  • Evil Polish Guy
Re: The Turkey Shoot Tournament
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 05:43:54 AM »
Unfortuntely I got sick the day after posting this notice. I played in the tournament today, but as I was still in a funk, I didn't even remember I was planning to take some pictures until half way through my second game. At that point, I said screw pictures. I will attempt to get some battle reports written up though. Don't know how good they will be though, as I was not yet fully recovered from getting sick. We only had five people should up for the tournament, so one guy decided to sit out so we didn't have to deal with byes.  We only got through two games as we ran out of time. That being said I only placed third as I won one and lost one game.

The manager at the store set up the tables and they had some really dense terrain that really made it difficult to play. Lots of buildings close together, scree slopes, and obstacles. It was my with Empire, my friend with his Orcs, a Warriors of Chaos, and a Bretonnian player. I played against the WoC player the first round and my friend against the Bretonnian player. My friend and I both used a bunch of hordes, while neither of the other two used hordes. The terrain completely favored both of their armies and hindered both of ours. I had no room to give mutual support I managed to roll 1's or misfire all but two of my 9 cannon shots in my first game (we only played three games. It was a bad game. I lost at three turns as it was only getting worse. I likely would have lost by a lot more had the game gone on.

Anyway, I'll work on some reports and get them posted soon.
Ostermark Photo Gallery
Ostermark Painting Log
"Kill 'em all and let Morr sort 'em out!" (General Ghent, Battle of Dumsky's Fallow)