home

Author Topic: Guess who's going to help you out.  (Read 3925 times)

Offline Tillmann Spyri

• Members
Guess who's going to help you out.
« on: June 25, 2007, 04:13:08 PM »
Here's a hint. They don't exist.
 :icon_twisted:
Have a look.

http://underempire.net/index.php?showtopic=21634

Offline Tillmann Spyri

• Members
Re: Guess who's going to help you out.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 04:24:04 PM »
Cross posted, for ease of reference.

Greetings,

As it may have already come to your attention, a powerful artefact of an ancient time has resurfaced in the heart of the Great Forest of the man-thing empire. The nemesis crown, as it has been named, is an artefact made from the purest of warpstone, forged by the greatest smith of the dwarf-things.

Now it is no secret that it was from the hands of our ancient kinsmen that the smith had obtained his materials. It must too come then as no suprise that the forging of the crown had served our purpose of inheritance all along. Ancient scrolls have been found that describe the plans of our council of old for the creation of the fellhat: a new fell item that will bring about the fall of a second nation of the accursed man-things and have their corpses pave our way to inheritance once again. Just as the fellblade had been the catalyst that brought down the ancient kingdom of Nehekhara, so will the fellhat ensure our dominance over the man-things of the Old World.

With this age-old plot revealed, the purpose of the crown has now become clear to some of the council members and it has been decreed that the skaven race must do everything in it's power to ensure that the newly uncovered fellhat will fall in the hands of the intended target, the man-things' greatest warlord: Karl Franz.

The Underempire's goal for the Nemesis Crown Campaign:
The goal of the skaven of the Underempire community will be to carry out the original plot for the nemesis crown and make sure that it falls into the hands of the man-thing emperor. Also, we will be trying to sabotage the efforts of the other races that are searching for the crown. There are several ways you can take part in the story and to have it recognised by Games Workshop in the campaign updates and the final fictions. What follows is a short list of things you could mention in your battlereports or any other background/flavour pieces that you'll be writing in the campaign.

Mention your skaven forces helping out the empire ones!
Maybe your assassin character has been sent on a secret mission to prevent the Dark Elves from assassinating an Empire captain who is close to uncovering the crown's location? Maybe, when an Empire warband had fallen into an ambush from the Orcs and Goblins, your gutter runners showed up to assassinate their chieftain? Maybe that steam tank (that had won the day for the emperor's forces) had been slightly tinkered with by your warlock engineer?

Mention your skaven forces sabotaging the plans of the other races!
Maybe that battle you fought against a High Elf host was to prevent them from making contact with the Lizardmen? Maybe your victory against the Dwarves forced them to take a long detour in their journey to the great forest? Maybe your pestilence troops have caused a disease amongst the ranks of the orcs?

Mention your skaven forces stealthily gathering information about the crown's whereabouts!
Our tunnels stretch far and our spies are everywhere. Rumours of the fellhat's location are valuable information to the skaven cause indeed. Make sure we have a listening ear in each camp that has something to do with it  .

Any background devised by the other races that concerns us will be reported in the campaign forum as soon as possible. Furthermore, important locations will be highlighted by the campaign team in the regional threads that would make particularly suitable backgrounds for our purposes. Also, feel free to enter the discussions yourself and give your own input concerning the locations in need of a high concentration of skaven influence. Lastly, members are also encouraged to read up on eachother's stories and include eachother's plots in their own stories. Doing this will increase the chance of getting yourself and your story mentioned in the official GW turn updates!

Other interesting plot developments to look out for:
- The skaven might be lending an 'indirect hand' to the dark elves in their attack on Tor Thana in the Barren Hills
- The Vampire Counts are declaring war upon the Skaven Lair in the Barren Hills
- Rumours of the skaven striking a deal with the Chaos Dwarves in order to forge a 'fake fellhat' and use it to distract the other races.
- Reports of mysterious assassinations of empire religious leaders (make it easier to manipulate the man-things with the sigmarites out of the way).
- Empire witch-hunters on the move to hunt down reports of humans striking deals with skaven.

We Shall Inherit!
Now that the true purpose of the council has been revealed to your clan, we ask you to treat this valuable information with care. Ensure that it will once again be the master race, that shows it's true worth in these times of upheaval. Let's make the man-things pay for the wrongs they have done to us in the past! Keep those paws on that keyboard and start Inheriting!

Sincerely,
The Council of Thirteen
Underempire Nemesis Crown Campaign Team

Offline fearlessgod

• Members
  • proud Knight of The Reiksguard
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 04:34:58 PM »
Hmmm. A bit of "mis-information" perhaps? I don't trust this one bit.

~fearlessgod~
"Three things that make the Empire great - faith, steel and gunpowder!"

Magnus the Pious

Offline Tillmann Spyri

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 04:37:25 PM »
it was on U-E .net. Why should you not trust it? I'm just sending it to you to try and prevent another "hammer" where no one knows about a key plot point.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 04:49:33 PM »
It would be nice to support each other in fluff terms, especially considering they're trying to 'help' us.  I'll see if I can make contact with anyone over there.  If anyone else has connections, feel free to discuss fluff cooperation.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Flagellant

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 04:55:39 PM »
your suposed to not trust these guys!!!

but as long as they´re helping us fight our enemies and retain our lands (indirectly) its welcome help
"We fight them with our steel,
we fight them with our courage,
but above all we fight them with our faith in Sigmar"

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 04:56:51 PM »
I wouldn't dare trust them IC, but since they're plot is so closely linked it would be very easy to coordinate. :icon_biggrin:
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Ostermarker

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 05:15:31 PM »
Really, Skaven can sometimes be trusted, upto the point where we stop being useful. They might see this as a way to become 'advisors' and scouts and spies to a corrupted Emperor, and then on becoming a major faction/Electorate in the Empire, so they gaining power.
So, Ostmarkers wear purple, but it's manly purple, not like that Bretonnian purple.

Offline Tostig

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 05:20:33 PM »
I for one think this is an amazing idea on the part of the skaven. It's cunning, grimy and brutal - everything Warhammer should be!

I presume though you'll still be throwing the occasional wave of slaves against our troops to keep them on our toes, or a particularly brimstone filled leader might attack a tunnel. This would an excuse for Skaven and Empire generals to fight eachother  :icon_biggrin:

Offline Tillmann Spyri

• Members
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 05:26:51 PM »
Just so you guys know, I'm not a U-E rep. I'm Druchii. Just thought you ought to see this. :icon_wink:

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 05:44:43 PM »
Perfectly in character for the rats! and it was posted by a member of the council of 13!

We shall see I am sure they will pop up at the end of the campaign and bugger it up for everyone!
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline Skaven Lord Vinshqueek

• Members
  • Bunny ear says flop
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 06:58:21 PM »
Perfectly in character for the rats! and it was posted by a member of the council of 13!
Being one of the two admins from UE.net (though a lurker on these boards, but you can't be everywhere), I can confirm that these objectives are really true...

Greetz
Borak Says - Pearls of wisdom from the Chaos Lord
"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"

Offline clausewitz

• Members
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 11:00:50 PM »
Welcome to w-e Vinshqueek.

Very sneaky plan. Everything us Empire generals don't want to happen.  :-P
I fought in the NC war.. and all I got was this lousy sig...

Offline FVC

• Members
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 11:32:21 PM »
:-o... the skaven community is brilliant!

Offline Reynard_of_Bogenhafen

• Members
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 12:25:16 AM »
Man I wish we didn't know now...

this is the best thing that's come out of the NC to date, it just would have been better if we'd have found out in the final week!
Reynard Von Ruggbroder: Von Klaust's laurels of acclamation, bearer of the crimson ribbon, the shield of Valkin, keeper of the scroll of ludendorf, The eagle of Magnus, The Kannagheim Death's Head.

Offline CaptScott

• Members
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 02:47:40 AM »
Cool, looks like they are going to help us now so that they can kill us later!  Good Fluff!
2010 - The year of Empire.
2011 - The year of Empire!

Offline scrivener

• Members
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 05:52:14 AM »
Just another UE-rat popping by, hi all! Glad you like the plan, and indeed fluff-cooperation would be most welcome. No, it's not exactly an alliance, we prefer to think of it as making the Empire our pawns. Hope you don't mind ;). And the skaven and empire would still have reasons to fight, these Hunters of Sigmar for one might prove to be a threat to our conspiracies...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 05:56:55 AM by scrivener »

Offline Ostermarker

• Members
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 07:03:42 AM »
Well, me and a guy from U-E (mebob, I think) are probably going to have a game of Skaven versus Empire. He's hoping to kill my Ulrican priest who doesn't think such a lily-livered sigmarite as KF deserves the crown. My general's against this, because he's best mates with the priest (admittedly against him on this point, as he's following orders)

I do like the stuff here, unlike some of the stuff I've read, it's incredibly fluffy, and in character.
So, Ostmarkers wear purple, but it's manly purple, not like that Bretonnian purple.

Offline Sir Seigfried

• Members
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 07:16:39 AM »
Kick-ass! :D Empire + Skaven + Bret = Domination!

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 07:29:21 AM »
Perhaps some skaven players should include thanquol and some of us could field felix and gotrek he he he now that would be fun....hmmm perhaps my Helstroms 4th Free Corps ...the rubble of Brigands and Townsfolk needs help of two Heroes?

Offline Skaven Lord Vinshqueek

• Members
  • Bunny ear says flop
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2007, 08:42:59 AM »

Thanks for the warm welcome...

*evades the torches and pitch-forks*... :icon_mrgreen: (j/k)

Nah, the whole 'Gather the warpstonez' reason why Skaven are present anywhere in the Old World is a cliche that has become a tad boring (not to mention a real annoyance to me personally, as I see Skaven as far more nastier then just collectors of green pieces of rock), so we decided to give our own swing to the story and I personally think that it worked quite well... We're not really a big player in the campaign, but we most certainly are going to try and press our paw-mark on it. *laughs*...

Greetz
Borak Says - Pearls of wisdom from the Chaos Lord
"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"

Offline MiB

• Members
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2007, 01:48:25 PM »

We're not really a big player in the campaign, but we most certainly are going to try and press our paw-mark on it. *laughs*...

Personally I think its a fantastic idea and adds a welcome extra layer of detail to the campaign  :icon_smile:

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2007, 02:18:27 PM »
Sounds good  :icon_smile:. Of course, as an Imperial player, I hope the plan won't actually work  :icon_wink:...

I have an upcoming battle against the skaven, I'll see if there's any way to incorparate this into the fluff results- without the Empire finding out anything, of course.
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!