home

Author Topic: My first empire army  (Read 2383 times)

Offline Bigpike

• Members
My first empire army
« on: January 25, 2015, 11:12:58 PM »
Hi guys im new to this site and to the empire although I have been collecting and painting warhammer miniatures on and off for 20 years now. I got back into the hobby this Christmas while I had some time off and have began a new army of the Empire. I thought I would share the theme behind  my army in the hope people will enjoy the idea and help me add to the story.

Willim Oliver was born the son of a blacksmiths hand in Altdorf and made his way quickly through the ranks of the city guard to become the caption of a small but elite regiment of swordsmen. Life was good to Willim and he mixed with the middle and upper classes within the capital. Unfortunately Willim mixed with the wife of a powerfull politician and was caught red handed. Disgraced and with a price on his head he fled to Hochland and found work as a forester using a false name. Willim grew tired of this way of life and longed for adventure and battle once more, one night while drinking in a tavern after a hard days logging he met a merchant who was looking for protection for himself and the chest he was transporting by coach on the road to Marinburg, Willim saw his opportunity and took it. The man was in a rush and insisted on leaving the following morning. On the road to the free city a party of three highwaymen ambushed them, outnumbered and out gunned Willim fought and killed all three bandits however could not save the merchant from the musket that took his head off. Willim searched the bodies and found a handsome amount of coins and trinkets, but the real find was inside the chest which was full of coins and a note explaining that this was a settlement of 200gc and the end of the matter. The note was not addressed to anyone and just had a undistinguishable signature at the bottom.  Confused and some 40 miles from Marinburg Willim hid the boddies and coach took the gold and horse and continued onwards to Marinburg. To this day Willim has know idea who the gold was destined for of from were it came, it has however set him up nicely in the free city. He now commands a small mercenary force of loyal and well paid men. Based in marinburg Willim and his men will travel anywhere in the known world to fight, just as long as the price is right of cause.

so far I have 24 swordsmen 50% painted
                     8 riflemen painted
                   10 Halberdiers painted
                   10 hunts men unpainted

I have gone for a dark blue and bright orange theme for the army, and will try to give you some photos when I work out how to add them!

thanks if you bothered to read this and any comments  or ideas would be really appreciated, cheers

Offline Bigpike

• Members
Re: My first empire army
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 02:00:35 PM »

Offline Bigpike

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 02:05:00 PM »

Offline Bigpike

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 02:06:59 PM »

Offline Bigpike

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 02:08:13 PM »
All units need a bit more work yet but thought this might give you a idea of what im up to.

Offline Talben21

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 05:12:16 PM »
They look very good man! You paint in a darker tone than I do (i use a white undercoat) but its just a different style and I really appreciate it. I really like the worn look your metals have.

Offline Bigpike

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 06:47:36 PM »
thanks very much im trying to get back into the hobby and have not painted for a good few years, but have found a bit of time now and im loving it! this website is great there are some really talented painters out there! I too use a white undercoat I find it easier to shade down white than highlight black, but that's just my style I love seeing the difference in painting styles on this site. I have refound my love of painting!

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 06:57:13 PM »
Welcome to W-E! 

FYI, this thread probably belongs in the Brush and Pallet section.  That's where everybody shares their army pics. 

Looks like you're really coming along really well!  Thanks for posting your pics!  I'm looking forward to seeing more!   :::cheers:::

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 09:21:14 PM »
I like the colors, looking really good! Really like the halberds.