home

Author Topic: Opinions about Teutogen Guard  (Read 2009 times)

Offline McKharu

• Members
Opinions about Teutogen Guard
« on: September 27, 2017, 04:42:19 PM »
Hi folks,

I donīt know if I am posting this on the rights place. I have recently found out that the Spanish company Norba Miniatures released a proxy for my beloved old Teutogen Guard, the troop of White Wolf Knights on foot from the Storm of Chaos Campaign. I am marvelled looking at the pictures, and even more when I recall the prices that the old metal minis can reach on Ebay.

Since I had only 12 of the old metal ones and I wanted a horde of 50 hairy fellas on my middenheim army, I am planning to buy them. What are your opinions about these minis?

http://norbaminiatures.com/en/empire-of-sonnstahl/111-caballeros-de-la-guardia-teutona.html

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
Re: Opinions about Teutogen Guard
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 05:35:11 PM »
They do look good to me. I wonder if they need a lot of cleaning up before painting? There's just enough variety in their cloaks and faces to make them not quite clones!
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 06:38:40 PM »
Agreed they look good - I am assuming resin, and the pictures look like real models rather than graphics.
The pricing also seems almost too good - 10 troopers for 12e is pretty cheap.

Maybe our Spanish members can comment and tell us if they have any first hand knowledge of Norba?

Spain seems to be the place for very close to the original miniatures - I have a fair few Gameszone models which were a lot dearer, and isn't 'Mom' Spanish too?

Isn't Empire of Sonnstahl  from 9th Age?
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 08:21:07 PM »
Thanks for linking that! The price is really good and they look great. I still cringe when I had the chance to buy 40 for $50. One of my stupider moments.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline McKharu

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 08:36:14 PM »

Well I never bought anything from Norba yet, but I did from MOM miniatures which is from Spain as well. I got the halbeldiers, and they do need a consistent cleaning of mould lines and some details, but they do look fantastic for 1 euro per figure. Far better than the pyjama-wearing GW ones. When I buy from Norba I will let you know about them.

@Artobans Ghost, I had the same situation: could have bought 30 miniatures of the teutogen guard with an additional standard bearer (a special character of the campaign as I recall) for 55 euros!! But did not do it because my girlfriend at that time was beside me in front of the laptop and went mad about wasting the money... it was a sign that I should have ended that relationship much earlier :eusa_wall:

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 09:08:50 PM »
they do look good...except for the hammer head. Looks to me like a brick brutally shoved into a white wolf's throat  :icon_rolleyes:

Of course there is the eternal question: how do they scale?
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)