home

Author Topic: Modelling hounds  (Read 2896 times)

Offline Griffen077

• Members
Modelling hounds
« on: June 19, 2006, 03:59:18 PM »
In my CoU army, I'm planning to fit 10 hounds (2x5) in my 750 point list.  Any ideas for models I could use?  I was also thinking of making them actual wolves rather than trained dogs, but I don't know if any wolf models are good for this.  Any thoughts?

Offline Flagellant

• Members
Re: Modelling hounds
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 05:09:12 PM »
i simply used the goblin wolf riders for this purpose,

also a damn good reason to start O&G
(not for me as i gave the rest of the models to my little brother, who already plays the little green suckers....)
"We fight them with our steel,
we fight them with our courage,
but above all we fight them with our faith in Sigmar"

Offline Clarkarias

• Members
  • Halton Hills, Ontario
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 06:27:47 PM »
Good ole Goblin Wolf Riders.  The wolves can be used for so many different units in this game.  I use mine for DoW Light cavalry.  No riders...just nasty wolves.
Actually, forget Karl-Franz. I want rules for Thyrus Gorman on a dragon. - Rufus Sparkfire

Offline wisenheimer

• Members
  • Michigan, USA
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 06:51:19 PM »
The wolves are a good choice. There's also the war hounds from the Mordheim range:

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=303914&orignav=300816&GameNav=300808

But personally, I like the look of the wolves better.

Offline Lost Zoat

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 06:54:46 PM »
I think the goblin range wolves are your best bet.  There are also a couple of war hounds from the wood Elf range

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=304770&orignav=301049&ParentID=255868&GameNav=13
"Stupid like a fox"

Homer J. Simpson

Offline Pierced53

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 06:03:01 AM »
The Goblin Wolf Riders will be the cheapest bet, since you get 10 Wolvies in one box.. And the models look great! :-D

Offline Ganymede

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 06:09:16 AM »
As an added bonus, the goblins in the wolf rider box come with the components needed to make perfect foot goblins. One box set gives you enough for ten dogs and ten goblins. That ain't bad.

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 08:00:07 AM »
The farmer Maggot blister comes with three dogs. :wink:
A bit small perhaps.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 08:35:08 AM »
The farmer Maggot blister comes with three dogs. :wink:
A bit small perhaps.

They are. I had a look into it recently, and they look too small.

The wolves are a good choice, like Pierced et al said. I like the gobline legs you get with it. Put on a free company body and some shortened arms and an appropriate head and you have some halfling riders. I put 2 on a warhorse - one sitting at the back with a bow, the one up the front with a spear. Good alternative for fast cav and themically themed for a stirland army.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Teuton

• Members
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 08:39:52 AM »
a
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 04:48:47 PM by Teuton »

Offline Clarkarias

• Members
  • Halton Hills, Ontario
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 12:26:50 PM »
I also have the Mordheim dogs that came with the Witch Hunter box.  Those are great models too, very mean looking.  Although with metal, more expensive.
Actually, forget Karl-Franz. I want rules for Thyrus Gorman on a dragon. - Rufus Sparkfire

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 11:42:03 PM »
And depending on where you are very hard to obtain. In Aus, if we want those mini's we have to order than from Mail Order, as Mordheim isn't really that available anymore.  :-(
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2006, 03:12:12 AM »
I have 15 Mordheim Hounds.  They came three per blister so I used five packs to make my units.  Photos of them used to be on the old site, but alas those are gone. 
"Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do no let your heart rejoice"