home

Author Topic: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]  (Read 643661 times)

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Re: Shadows over Bogenhafen: game thread [players only please!]
« Reply #9750 on: March 16, 2016, 08:53:35 PM »
"Very good," Sybo says, "shall I cast it now? The effects last several minutes, assuming the air is still."
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #9751 on: March 16, 2016, 09:01:47 PM »
"In a moment. What is our plan?"

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #9752 on: March 16, 2016, 09:14:32 PM »
"Go in, Kill them all, get Max," Mortus says quietly.   She will pop her aura

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #9753 on: March 17, 2016, 12:12:06 PM »
"Let's see what I can see through that window. Sybo, cast the mist. It's time."

Hans sheathes his sword and hangs his lasso over his shoulder. He waits for Sybo to complete the spell, then moves quietly to the building and begins to climb up to the window.

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #9754 on: March 17, 2016, 12:15:17 PM »
Admund will wait at the South East corner of the building, and peek around the front to see if anyone is standing about.
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #9755 on: March 17, 2016, 01:18:25 PM »
[Mortus casts Aura of Protection. -4MP]

Sybo nods, and casts the spell [casts Mystic Mist]. A cloud of mist rises up from the water and spreads across the southern half of the warehouse. He gestures, causing it to spread out still further. Now it's thick enough to provide concealment, but not so thick that it's impossible to see where you're going.

Hans and Admund advance to the warehouse under the mist cover. The others stay back. The ground underfoot is covered with gravel, but the mist muffles the sound.  Hans begins to climb the stone wall, while Admund moves around to the south-eastern corner. The building consists of two, double-storied storage areas, with a linking section (single-storied) between that probably contains offices. Each storage area has a set of double doors at the front at ground level. Above, another set of double doors opens into the air - above them is fixed a pulley to allow goods to be lifted directly to the upper level from outside. All the doors are closed.

Hans [scale sheer surface] easily climbs the rough stones of the building's lower level. He pulls himself up further, holding onto the timbers. Now he's reached the window. The shutters are held in place by an internal bar (this could be forced open, but not easily). But he can see through the gap between them. He's looking into a large storage room, mostly filled with crates. A set of stairs by the western wall lead down. The only other exit is the loading doors, and leaving that way would mean a substantial drop. There's no one in this room. However, he can hear muffled voices from the stairway - there are people in the ground-level storeroom. A moment later he hears the crack of a whip.

Admund peers around the front of the building. He can see as far as the land side of the jetty, though only indistinctly because of the mist. But he hears a door open, and a moment later sees someone walking from the middle part of the building towards the jetty, carrying a pair of lanterns. It's a short, spindly man with stooped shoulders and long hair. He's muttering something to himself, but Admund can't make out any words. He continues towards the jetty, perhaps intending to set the lanterns at the end to guide in boats.

As he's watching this, Admund [acute hearing] becomes aware of muffled voices through the double doors of the warehouse. Then [at the same time as Hans] he hears the crack of a whip.
If I wanted to.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #9756 on: March 17, 2016, 08:15:53 PM »
Hans quickly climbs down and returns to the group. "Can't see anyone, but can hear a whip doing its work. I think the lad's copping it pretty bad. Make sure no one is watching, then just go in I say."

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #9757 on: March 17, 2016, 08:32:20 PM »
"The boy is supposed to be a hostage," Sybo says, "it doesn't make sense for them to harm him. We shouldn't be impulsive. Still, if you're determined to barge in, I'll unlock the door."

"Aye, open the door and let's start axing!" Ragni says.
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #9758 on: March 17, 2016, 11:56:49 PM »
"we're dealing with a chaos worshipping witch, sybo. I don't think sense comes into it.
Admund, you could distract the lantern man so Mortus can sneak up on him through the mist and Sleep him. Put the lanterns out to delay the boats arriving, then come int the warehouse.

Are there no windows to look into where you heard the whipping? best to at least know numbers we're fighting, if possible. Then we can rush in, with Admund and Mortus following shortly after to catch 'em unawares"
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #9759 on: March 18, 2016, 12:09:35 AM »
"I suppose you're right," Sybo says. "Well, the mist should last for several minutes more. Once the fight starts, I can try to disable one of our enemies with a spell."

"Good plan, boss," Ragni says to Julian, "I'm ready!"
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #9760 on: March 18, 2016, 12:30:42 AM »
Admund nods and waves Mortus to come after him. He sets off after the man, hoping to intercept him before he gets down the jetty. He will walk quickly but quietly after the man. If the man doesn't detect Admund, he will attempt to grapple him and put him in a choke hold, muffling the man's mouth with his hand. His goal is to pin the man so Mortus can cast sleep on him.

If Admund is detected approaching before getting close enough, Admund will bull rush the man and knock him over using his weight, and attempting choke or muffle his mouth until Mortus can cast sleep.
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #9761 on: March 18, 2016, 12:51:04 AM »
Admund moves towards the man, trying to close the distance quietly. It's only when he gets really close that the man has any chance of hearing him over his own footsteps and muttering.

[Listen test for man: 48, failed]

He doesn't hear anything. Admund leaps forward and grabs him!

[Admund to hit: 31, hits. Dex test for man or be grappled: 77, fail]

Admund succeeds in grappling the man. He drops the two lanterns and tries to struggle out of Admund's grasp.

[Admund S test: 06, pass]
[man S test: 69, fail]

Admund not only keeps the hold, but actually increases his grip.
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #9762 on: March 18, 2016, 01:12:25 AM »
Admund's arm around his neck, Admund squeezes tighter, attempting to choke the man unconscious with a sleeper hold. His hand covers his mouth. Admund twists at the hip face the man more toward Mortus, ready for her to cast sleep.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #9763 on: March 18, 2016, 01:58:56 AM »
"If they're in the middle bit, don't think there's a window no."

Hans will follow the others, readying his lasso and net rather than his sword.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #9764 on: March 18, 2016, 10:15:11 AM »
Sybo moves towards the warehouse double doors and waves a hand at them [casts Open]. They unlock! [note that the doors open outwards]
If I wanted to.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #9765 on: March 18, 2016, 10:51:45 AM »
Mortus will cast sleep on the man.   Then she will tie him up and gag him.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #9766 on: March 18, 2016, 11:30:31 AM »
While Admund holds the man tightly, Mortus advances and casts her spell [casts Sleep: -2MP].

[Prone, so auto hit. WP test: 64, fail. Falls asleep for d6 turns (secret roll)]

It works immediately. The man relaxes in Admund's grip, fast asleep. Mortus ties him up. He's armed only with a dagger.
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #9767 on: March 18, 2016, 12:49:11 PM »
Admund quickly lowers the man to the ground. He pulls the man's dagger from his belt and flings it into the water.

Admund then kicks the man's lanterns into the water, and will help carry the tied up spindly man into the warehouse behind the others, leaving him between some crates out of site.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #9768 on: March 18, 2016, 10:50:32 PM »
While Admund and Mortus are occupied dealing with the guard, the rest of the party quietly open the warehouse doors. Beyond is a large room, about a quarter full of crates. A staircase by the western wall goes upstairs. There are no windows. A (closed) door at the midpoint of the northern wall looks like it connects to the office in the building's middle section.

Max, stripped to his trousers, is tied by his wrists to the stair-rail. His back is lightly marked with welts. A large, shaven-headed man (the one Admund saw deliver the bomb to the Duck Triumphant) is busy beating Max with a coach-whip. He's doing this in a calm, business-like manner, and looks to be holding back his hand somewhat.

A dark-haired man with a chain shirt, and with a sword and buckler hanging from his belt, is trying to get Max to tell him something: "Tell us, boy. Why did you write on the wall? Was it a spell? Is someone coming for you? Tell us! We can keep this up all night if we have to. The lady wants you alive, but she didn't say unmarked."

Max doesn't reply. Two more men, in armoured leather jerkins and carrying bludgeons, are watching. "Hit him harder!" one of them says, "he's not gonna break in two if you cut him a little." The dark-haired man snorts with exasperation, then nods to the shaven-headed man. He responds by bringing the whip down hard. Max yelps.

None of them have noticed that the doors have been opened.
If I wanted to.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #9769 on: March 19, 2016, 01:49:40 AM »
Hans looks to Ragni and Julian, and draws a finger across his throat. He readies his net, ready to throw at the thugs with bludgeons.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #9770 on: March 19, 2016, 07:44:03 AM »
Julian will quickly look around the room for writing.

If he doesn't see anything he will charge the dark haired man with the sword.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #9771 on: March 19, 2016, 11:17:07 AM »
[Fight map: start!]

Red = party members
Bm = bald man
DH= dark haired man
T1,2 = thugs
G = guard
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #9772 on: March 19, 2016, 11:46:02 AM »
The shaven-headed man continues to whip Max forcefully. The others look on with interest.

Julian quickly looks around for writing on the wall, but can't see anything. Hans moves quietly forwards, intending to throw his net.

[Enemies are surprised and can't act this round]

Sybo starts to cast a spell.

Hans rushes forwards and throws his net at the two thugs. who are standing quite close together.

[Hans to hit: 07, hits. T1 I test: 67, fail. T2 I test: 100! fail]

The weighted net lands over their heads, entangling them. One of them is so surprised that he loses his footing, falling forward and dragging the other man down with him!

Julian and Ragni run forwards. The distance is too great for either of them to charge, but they reach their chosen opponents. Julian targets the dark haired man, while Ragni goes for the shaven-headed man.

Sybo completes his spell [casts Steal Mind on the shaven-headed man. WP test: 92, fail!]

An ominous purple glow surrounds his head, then his eyes go blank, the whip falls from his hand, and he collapses. Ragni shouts with annoyance!

Admund and Mortus reach the warehouse doors, and see what is happening.

[end of round]
If I wanted to.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #9773 on: March 19, 2016, 11:55:19 AM »
Julian attacks the dark-haired man, who has managed to draw his sword.

[Julian 1 to hit: 15, hits left arm. S3+1+d6 roll of 4-T5-(ignores armour!) = 3 wounds. Dodge blow: 14, yes.]
[J2: 81, miss]

The man avoids Julian's blow, and counterattacks.

[DH1: 77, miss]
[DH2: 73, miss]

He fails to make contact. Ragni changes target and helps Julian.

[Ragni 1: 91. miss]
[R2: 42, hits right arm. S4+1+d6 roll of 1-T5-A1 = no damage]

He hits, but the blow is deflected by the man's mail shirt.

Hans is close to the two netted thugs. He knows one or both is likely to escape any time.

Admund and Mortus can act.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 12:02:03 PM by rufus sparkfire »
If I wanted to.

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #9774 on: March 19, 2016, 11:55:38 AM »
Admund drops the tied up guard in the corner unceremoniously. Seeing what's happening, he flips his cloak back and draws his sword with a shhhhhing.

He will charge forward and engage anyone left standing.