home

Author Topic: Small changes to shooting that would help it.  (Read 7729 times)

Offline Sig

• Members
Re: Small changes to shooting that would help it.
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2014, 05:35:32 PM »
Adds yet more randomness with leadership tests just to be value for the points. No thanks.

Just tweak the points costs. Scenario design and terrain rules should keep BS shooting in check, not yet more special rules creep be it orders or whatever. Price the State troop shooters at 6.5 points or whatever. Warhammer could benefit from having victory conditions based on capturing and holding ground as well as just casualties, to encourage more movement and less static forces to offset the BS shooting being effective. Make it worth the points, but make a general want to take other stuff too basically.

Offline Furball

• Members
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2014, 06:12:55 PM »
First Row Fire, Second Row Fire
If a leadership test is passed, the unit may fire twice in a single shooting phase. The unit must fire at the same unit, but are treated as separate actions for all other purposes. May not be used in the same phase as Take Aim, Fire.

Take Aim, Fire
If a leadership test is passed, the unit has +1 to hit for that phase. May not be used in the same phase as First Row Fire, Second Row Fire.
I realise now that this idea is flawed - First Row Fire is always better than Take Aim (besides when you need to roll 7, when they are identical). I would therefore suggest changing Take Aim with:

Double Time
If a leadership test is passed, the unit may ignore the "Move or Fire" special rule for this turn. May not be used....

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2014, 08:53:36 PM »
Adds yet more randomness with leadership tests just to be value for the points. No thanks.
True. I take it back. The volatility of leadership tests is a problem. That and magic. One bad roll/good roll and a unit is wiped out.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Commander Bernhardt

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • Geweldig!
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2014, 08:32:54 AM »
True. I take it back. The volatility of leadership tests is a problem. That and magic. One bad roll/good roll and a unit is wiped out.

that's why we have BSB's
President Merkin Muffley: Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

Offline Windelov

• Members
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2014, 05:24:42 PM »
My 5 cents.

Handgunners:
"Volley fire and bayonets"
Handgunners may fire in three ranks and fights as having spears. 

Crossbows lowered by 1 point for 8 points per model.