home

Author Topic: World of Steveb:  (Read 69134 times)

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
https://youtu.be/DBrUJyZr9p4 Hero-Hammer ..Complete 4th edition Empire Army
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Re: The World of Steveb: Episode 69, Complete 4th edition Empire Army
« Reply #251 on: July 06, 2019, 03:34:46 AM »
I've got the last few videos all saved up for my next painting session! Great way to get inspired while trying to paint my own little dudes.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Re: The World of Steveb: Episode 70, Welcome to Buggerhoff ...Silent "H"
« Reply #252 on: July 14, 2019, 12:23:10 AM »
https://youtu.be/i-UR_GlTv3M  Welcome to Buggerhoff ..Silent "H"

The Old world will always live... this made me feel a little nostalgic   :smile2: 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 07:59:05 PM by zak »
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Brother Sutek

• Members
Re: The World of Steveb: Episode 71, Blood Angels
« Reply #254 on: July 23, 2019, 09:48:54 PM »
So cool as usual.
I may disagree with what you say but I respect your right to be punished for it.

"CRRUUDDDAAAAAAACCCCEEEEEEE!!!!!!" <shakes fist at the sky>
-Pirate Robot Ninja of Death

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Re: The World of Steveb: talked to Peggy B ( steveb wife)
« Reply #255 on: August 07, 2019, 03:54:12 PM »
Funny story last night while talking to Peggy B ( Steveb wife) She was talking about his, lets say eccentric ways, while trying to clean up and out the home they had together. I've been there is a very large house. Anyway, So she found herself dusting out an old closet, while avoiding Steveb booby traps and hidden loaded guns under stuff  :unsure: she reached around a box and felt something hard and egg shape. As she brought it out she wondered what in the world this large egg shape metal rigid thing was with a pin stuck into a lever looking device!! SOooo she looked it up one line and found out STEVE had a hand grenade via 1960's area !!!  :Ohmy: :Ohmy: :Ohmy:

So needless to say the neighbors of, this upper middle class neighborhood, was very surprise when the sheriff, city police, and bomb squad showed up at 11pm that night to deal with said LIVE hand grenade … dude I laughed so hard I started to cry lol

Needless to say she was going through a rough time initially but she is in a good place becoming an independent person, after a long marriage, meeting new friends and getting out more.

Oh yeah she eventually found over 40 different guns, rifles, et. some black powder some wwI, wwII etc. They all sold through an international auction, and now she is working on his HUGE collection of swords, maces, daggers, etc.  :icon_eek:

It was good to talk to her and find out she is doing well...

anyway I asked her if I could tell you all this story as I know you would appreciate it

wow.. Steveb had a live hand grenade !!! hahahaha       
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline orcyboy

• Members
« Reply #256 on: August 07, 2019, 04:17:08 PM »
Oh man i miss Steve.

I swear he posted a picture of his Tommy gun along side his table of empire minis a long time ago but I cant find it on his photobucket account.

Did Steve or Peggy give you the keys to his photobucket account?  I feel like his pics there need to be archived before photobucket poops out.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #257 on: August 07, 2019, 05:40:49 PM »
Oh man i miss Steve.

I swear he posted a picture of his Tommy gun along side his table of empire minis a long time ago but I cant find it on his photobucket account.

Did Steve or Peggy give you the keys to his photobucket account?  I feel like his pics there need to be archived before photobucket poops out.

No, unfortunately Peggy does not have that information  :|
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #258 on: August 07, 2019, 06:21:19 PM »
SteveB was quite the guy. :::cheers:::

Good to know Peggy is getting along ok. :icon_cool:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline JAK

• Members
« Reply #259 on: August 07, 2019, 07:48:20 PM »
One thing about steveb when he collected something he really went to town.

Story reminds me of when I wanted to start collecting military items-
– a few years back for some reason, now unknown, one of my teachers told the class how he used to make hand grenades safe by unscrewing a plug in the side to tip the powder out and then remove the detonator. He never mentioned any military service so don’t know/remember why he was doing this.
Six months later I’m helping an elderly neighbour clear out an old shed and what do I find but two Mills Bombs. As I knew a teacher who could disarm them he let me have them and I was all set to take them to school the next day.
Unfortunately my parents didn’t understand and 2 Land Rovers of armed military personal were soon at the door to take away my treasures.  They said that the pin on one was badly damaged and we were lucky it hadn’t gone off while it was being moved. I’m assuming they made it safe because they sped off in an erratic manner and we didn’t hear any loud bangs.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #260 on: August 07, 2019, 09:06:09 PM »
One thing about steveb when he collected something he really went to town.

Story reminds me of when I wanted to start collecting military items-
– a few years back for some reason, now unknown, one of my teachers told the class how he used to make hand grenades safe by unscrewing a plug in the side to tip the powder out and then remove the detonator. He never mentioned any military service so don’t know/remember why he was doing this.
Six months later I’m helping an elderly neighbour clear out an old shed and what do I find but two Mills Bombs. As I knew a teacher who could disarm them he let me have them and I was all set to take them to school the next day.
Unfortunately my parents didn’t understand and 2 Land Rovers of armed military personal were soon at the door to take away my treasures.  They said that the pin on one was badly damaged and we were lucky it hadn’t gone off while it was being moved. I’m assuming they made it safe because they sped off in an erratic manner and we didn’t hear any loud bangs.

WOW nice story hahaha  :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
« Reply #261 on: August 08, 2019, 04:07:22 PM »
Steve was keeping a live Nade for a warhammer game , in case anyone rolled a 6 using Skaven and ressurected that abomination model , LOL
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #262 on: August 12, 2019, 05:10:32 AM »
I'm glad to hear Peggy is doing well.

Glad the removal of the grenade went well. Or OK at least. :icon_eek:  :wink:

Offline Von Zorn

• Members
« Reply #263 on: August 12, 2019, 02:43:28 PM »
Obviously new here but Steveb sounds like he was a really good guy, the sort of person that makes forums like this seem like really pleasant communities. What I've seen of his collection in the videos Zak posts is incredibly inspirational!

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #264 on: August 13, 2019, 05:32:09 PM »
Obviously new here but Steveb sounds like he was a really good guy, the sort of person that makes forums like this seem like really pleasant communities. What I've seen of his collection in the videos Zak posts is incredibly inspirational!

He was a collectors collector lol plus so verse in the hobby of Warhammer. To say eclectic and a bit eccentric is an over statement or under statement whatever it may be  :-P

I mean a live hand grenade  :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #265 on: August 13, 2019, 10:00:01 PM »
Zak, did Steveb hate the blowing up of the old world or did he roll with the punches?
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #266 on: August 13, 2019, 10:12:18 PM »
This should give a clue:

I think you are suffering from a sense of betrayal.
GW has declared the warhammer world gone, they have not only affected the empire, but also the orks, the elves, tomb kings, etc. I know for a fact that the empire lives on, in my head if nowhere else. 
GW is not the font of creation for me. We were all told by GW to make warhammer our own world, and in that sense the only one who can kill my warhammer world is me,  by giving it up in my own mind. 
I have not paid much attention to GW in a long time, after it seemed to be doing nothing for the game,  and only seemed to be trying to generate as much income as it could.  Destruction of the world to me seemed to be their way to make everyone start over and build all new armies, but I have put too much time and effort in to do that, and refuse to do so.
Many of the older gamers have experienced this before from GW. They killed the fimir, squats, dogs of war, regiments of reknown, heroquest, gorka morka, Judge dredd, mighty empires, the smaller scale warhammer game about 10mm in scale), necromunda, blood bowl, the first sea battle games, gnomes, the BITS SERVICE, and many more races/factions/classes of troops/ and services.  So the destruction of the warhammer world was not totally unexpected.  Many of us had quit looking to GW itself for inspiration and guidance, but relied instead on ourselves and others for that necessary bit of inspiration.  Reach out to others as you are doing now, but include the other forums, such as bugman's, and the skaven blight, the tomb kings, and all the others, as they also were devastated/betrayed with the death of warhammer. Maybe together we can keep the whole warhammer world alive.  steveb
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #267 on: August 13, 2019, 10:40:43 PM »
This should give a clue:

GW has declared the warhammer world gone, they have not only affected the empire, but also the orks, the elves, tomb kings, etc. I know for a fact that the empire lives on, in my head if nowhere else. 
GW is not the font of creation for me. We were all told by GW to make warhammer our own world, and in that sense the only one who can kill my warhammer world is me,  by giving it up in my own mind. 
I have not paid much attention to GW in a long time, after it seemed to be doing nothing for the game,  and only seemed to be trying to generate as much income as it could.  Destruction of the world to me seemed to be their way to make everyone start over and build all new armies, but I have put too much time and effort in to do that, and refuse to do so.
Many of the older gamers have experienced this before from GW. They killed the fimir, squats, dogs of war, regiments of reknown, heroquest, gorka morka, Judge dredd, mighty empires, the smaller scale warhammer game about 10mm in scale), necromunda, blood bowl, the first sea battle games, gnomes, the BITS SERVICE, and many more races/factions/classes of troops/ and services.  So the destruction of the warhammer world was not totally unexpected.  Many of us had quit looking to GW itself for inspiration and guidance, but relied instead on ourselves and others for that necessary bit of inspiration.  Reach out to others as you are doing now, but include the other forums, such as bugman's, and the skaven blight, the tomb kings, and all the others, as they also were devastated/betrayed with the death of warhammer. Maybe together we can keep the whole warhammer world alive.  steveb

yup  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #268 on: August 14, 2019, 12:18:02 AM »
Great attitude👆
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #269 on: August 14, 2019, 01:06:51 AM »
Agreed! :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Brother Sutek

• Members
« Reply #270 on: August 18, 2019, 02:52:38 PM »

[/quote]

Even from the beyond he still gives to this hobby. The Tomb King forum is finally dead as far as I can tell. This is my sanctuary for Fantasy games and I love and thank all of you for continuing to love this game.
I may disagree with what you say but I respect your right to be punished for it.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
Re: The World of Steveb
« Reply #271 on: August 18, 2019, 03:34:31 PM »
The world has lost a unique hobbiest.  May WFB world live on in our own miniature worlds. :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Re: The World of Steveb
« Reply #272 on: August 21, 2019, 03:28:51 AM »
Brilliant work Zak, keep it up.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #273 on: August 26, 2019, 11:03:40 AM »
Even from the beyond he still gives to this hobby. The Tomb King forum is finally dead as far as I can tell. This is my sanctuary for Fantasy games and I love and thank all of you for continuing to love this game.

You are always welcome here. :::cheers:::
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Brother Sutek

• Members
« Reply #274 on: August 26, 2019, 09:28:34 PM »

You are always welcome here. :::cheers:::

Thank you this is a great place.  :::cheers:::