home

Author Topic: Tactical Decision Game 3.0: Into the Murky Black  (Read 18415 times)

Offline Noght

• Members
Re: Tactical Decision Game 3.0: Into the Murky Black
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2012, 02:06:24 PM »
LET HIM EAT CHAFF!
"...the most incorrigible vice being that of an ignorance which fancies it knows everything..."  Camus.

Offline MrAbyssal

• Members
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2012, 02:16:23 PM »
I may not have designed the most powerful list ever but that doesn't mean it can't be effective in it's own way. It just means it's harder to use.

If we lose though my next purchases will have to be Demigryphs and a Steam Tank.
There are three things each man judges another man by;

1. The size of his codpiece
2. The amount of skulls he carries
3. The length of his feather

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2012, 02:21:07 PM »
Even better Idea...Blaster 1 cannon 1 and the griffon up there too...the bloodletters that way have a long march before them before they reach any beef of our army and while they are on the march we try to get rid of...first the keeper then the bloodcrushers...and with aux units the bloodhounds.
I like it, change my vote to this.

Between the Pistoliers and Knights we should be able to delay the Bloodletters.  Vanguard the Pistoliers as before and use them to force the Bloodletters to charge and overrun into the swamp.

Offline SevenSins

• Members
« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2012, 03:44:07 PM »
Even better Idea...Blaster 1 cannon 1 and the griffon up there too...the bloodletters that way have a long march before them before they reach any beef of our army and while they are on the march we try to get rid of...first the keeper then the bloodcrushers...and with aux units the bloodhounds.

Between the Pistoliers and Knights we should be able to delay the Bloodletters.  Vanguard the Pistoliers as before and use them to force the Bloodletters to charge and overrun into the swamp.
+1 to this

Offline Windelov

• Members
Tactical Decision Game 3.0: Into the Murky Black
« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2012, 11:15:26 PM »

How will we force them to overrun?

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2012, 11:21:04 PM »

Aren't Bloodletters subject to Frenzy?

Offline Athiuen

• Members
  • The Old World
« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2012, 11:33:34 PM »
We could set up a medium distance charge and flee.  If he gets a large roll he goes into the swamp and we lose archers (who cares).  And if he fails he misses a turn.
Quote from: warhammerlord_soth
No beer was wasted.
They fired at a can of Heineken.
The end is Neigh!
Quote from: Swan-of-War
Curse you clearly-written rules!

Offline Holy Hand Grenade

• Members
  • Never leave the Province without it...
« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2012, 11:39:05 PM »

Aren't Bloodletters subject to Frenzy?

Daemon Khorne don't get Frenzy....their claim to fame is Killing Blow.

I will work your "hide in a corner" strategy and have it posted soon.
If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

HHG's TDG/TEG Dice Tracker

Offline George

• Members
« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2012, 02:03:04 AM »

+1 to this

I can agree to the discussions above...mainly as this was what I was advocating in the previous deployment decisions :)
My only concern is fitting the griffon in.
My Armies:
Empire
Ogres

• Members
« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2012, 02:36:17 AM »
Unfortunately this doesn't look anything like a Griffon.

Lets see how it goes.  This is your chance for final comments on the units placed last.

I did not Vanguard the Pistoliers yet, but they will move a little forward but towards the center.

If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2012, 02:51:23 AM »
You Rock HHG.  Btw, I've got my Chronicler working again.  I might recreate and fiddle....
"...the most incorrigible vice being that of an ignorance which fancies it knows everything..."  Camus.

Offline Windelov

• Members
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2012, 04:27:21 AM »

Lets see how it goes.  This is your chance for final comments on the units placed last.

I did not Vanguard the Pistoliers yet, but they will move a little forward but towards the center.

Yeah it really looks like crap, We really need to reorganize. Lets hope we get first turn

• Members
« Reply #112 on: November 03, 2012, 04:30:06 AM »
You Rock HHG.  Btw, I've got my Chronicler working again.  I might recreate and fiddle....

I can send you the file if you PM me your email address.

Offline MrAbyssal

• Members
« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2012, 06:45:12 AM »

Yeah it really looks like crap, We really need to reorganize. Lets hope we get first turn

We screwed the Griffon from the first deployment but putting the archers in the swamp. If we get charged at long range, either with the knights or pistoliers I really thing we should flee, especially if it's long range. Both will probably be rallying on Ld10 as the General is in the Knights so the pistoliers will probably be within range to use his Ld. We should try and keep at least 11" from the Keeper though. I would love to see the Keeper spending a couple of turns stumbling forward only a few inches.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2012, 09:57:01 AM »
Would it be worth trying to smash the knights through the line and into his backfield?

Otherwise we may need to hurry them towards our lines.   Stupid general really to be so far from his army

Offline MrAbyssal

• Members
« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2012, 10:22:29 AM »
Probably not. We'd have to be lucky to break through the Flesh Hounds without the Keeper being able to join in. Better I think to tempt the charge from the Keeper to slow it up so the cannon gets an extra turn of shooting at it.

Offline zakalwe

• Members
« Reply #116 on: November 03, 2012, 10:45:16 AM »
How is our cannon LoS, how are we aiming cannonballs, Ground target required or not?

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #117 on: November 03, 2012, 10:53:01 AM »
Our cannon LOS is fairly fecked.   We can only really aim at large targets because our troops are in the way.

I seem to recall the French having this problem once.

Offline Windelov

• Members
« Reply #118 on: November 03, 2012, 01:02:04 PM »
Our cannon LOS is fairly fecked.   We can only really aim at large targets because our troops are in the way.

Yup, furthermore that fence is a nightmare for us... Cannon balls will stop rolling, so the keeper can just move up behind it and charge the next turn. Unless the keepers T is reduced killing it with the hellblaster solely in one phase is utopic.

• Members
« Reply #119 on: November 03, 2012, 02:21:47 PM »
TDG 3.1 is up and posted.

----------------------------------

If we slide the Halbs over we can get a shot off on the heavy cavalry on our turn.  See the next thread.

It is going to be interesting.

We screwed the Griffon from the first deployment but putting the archers in the swamp. If we get charged at long range, either with the knights or pistoliers I really thing we should flee, especially if it's long range. Both will probably be rallying on Ld10 as the General is in the Knights so the pistoliers will probably be within range to use his Ld. We should try and keep at least 11" from the Keeper though. I would love to see the Keeper spending a couple of turns stumbling forward only a few inches.

The swamp deployment was so we could test the swamp...but slide the bunker behind the Griffon no matter which side we placed it on.  Of course, we didn't go with either original destination for the Griff...but the bunker can get over there eventually.