home

Author Topic: Vann Harl's Most Fearless Army of Middenheim  (Read 2250 times)

Offline Vann Harl

• Members
  • Wolf Brother
Vann Harl's Most Fearless Army of Middenheim
« on: January 22, 2005, 08:19:25 AM »
Ok so the oponents I play are mostly evil ... and dead. I feel like the lone empire state holding back the storm.
This is a Middenheim army list design with the sole purpose of overcoming fear and magic.

Characters
GM (166) - this is all he needs! goes into KWW

Warrior Prist of Ulric HA/GW (103) Goes into T.Gaurd
upto 5 wolf head emblams (50)

2x Wizards L2 Light order (190)
(2 dispel scrolls for the one and Seal of distruction for the other)

Oh my gosh has this crippled VC and Khemri armies magic phases! Even with the Warrior priest having 3 wolf hed emblams its like an extra dispel scroll that I use in absolute emergency towards the end of the game.
My VC opponent loss of "curse of years" to the SoD brought much rejoycing, or even Van hals dance. My khemri oponents love to incant vanhals dance all the way accros the board to my deployment zone. I waited untill he got into charge range and dispeled every vanhals incantation during his magic phase leaving him short, allowing me to charge in my next turn.

Also I hope to get gaurdian light with either 1 or both the wizards adding that needed psychology.

Core

9 Knights WW (IC) - (292pts) this is my right hook
5 Knights Panther (IC full command war banner) this protects thier flank

Halbadiers 20 - (145)
detach. 10 Sword (70)  or vica versa as long as i get the charge in with Hals.

Special
18 Teutogen Gaurd (IC) my "Uber squad" the its fun watching enemies bounce of them :)

10 Warriors of Ulric (LA & GW!) 70 point GW team wohoo! usualy Artillary defence they stick to the flank of the T.Gaurd as a "detachment" relying on the TG stubborn ability incase of a cobat loss

2 x Cannon (200)

Auxillaries

10 Crosbowmen - (70) hmmm ...  so so shooting

5 Huntsmen + marks (56) Fell Bat Killers of note!!!

Set up from left to right artillary and xbowmen, huntsmen scouts deployed in a position to defend them from flyers. then W of Ulric and T. Gaurd. Next come the Infantry and detachment and Cavelry on the Right.

My Magic defence can even give a L2 Slann Lizardman army a run for his money. 5 dispel dice, at least 3 dispel scrolls and upto 5 extra 1 time use dispel dice of the wolf head emblams.

Changes I sometimes make when I am feeling magicaly brave is substituting the Warrior priest for a seneschal and banner of middenheim in the TGaurd to ensure the dont fail fear tests.

When my oponent knows I rely on the Prayers of the priest (even at power level 6 with Ice dagger) for the immune to fear prayer he makes a point of dispelling it.

Well there you go, give me some constructive critsism
Ps I tweak Wheads, marks mens and Wolf brother to make sure i have 2000pts
Grand Writing Competition winning entry;
"I was there! With the Men of Erlach!"

"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious"
- Oscar Wilde

Offline Heinrich_the_Grim

• Members
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 10:21:54 AM »
the cannons are Rare unit choices, just so you know..
Kill them all, let Sigmar sort them out.

Offline Jester

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 02:14:45 AM »
I don't know how usefull this list would be against a lot of lists...

to tell you the truth, 18 TTG isn't that scary, and i can't imagine much "boucning" off of them.
i'd like to see two smallish units, 1 of GS, one of IC TTG with detachments instead, which would be much more combat effective, and a lot less of  a points sink in one unit.
most of the time i'd see them as morter, magic , shooting, bait..

Also, you're not giving a LM army a run for it's money magic wise. don't kid yourself. if he has a 2nd Gen Slann he's going to have skink priests. If he has that he's generating over 13 power dice a turn + an extra 1D6 on most spells as well, as WELL as having drain magic. not only will you not be casting anything, but you're not going to have the numbers to take that number of lighting bolts into your units that many times a turn...

take the marksman out of the huntsmen.
I don't like x-bowmen, i'd consider strongly either ADDING another unit of 10, or taking them out and adding another 5 huntsmen.

9 Knights is a BIG Unit, and two units of IC, w/ no regular knights is a little ... well.... not really that cool.

i'd suggest changing them to a unit of 5 knights for flank support, and a unit of 5 IC as well
(put the GM in for 6)

10 warriors of ulric is a waste of points. these will flee off the table so fast it's sad.. take hounds, boost the unit, remove the unit... something. I'd consider taking out the halberdiers and putting in more knights, giving you a solid core of shooting/stubbron in yoru center, with multiple knight units comming in for a pincer attacks.

as your army is now, it's going to get piecemealed, tho i like your hero choices btw.

Offline Vann Harl

• Members
  • Wolf Brother
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 11:54:14 AM »
Thank you Gents the crit is appreciated, I will try some of the changes.

listing the cannons under Special was a typo, the Warriors of Ulric are there for fluff reasons, once I have satisfied their uses i will take them out.
Grand Writing Competition winning entry;
"I was there! With the Men of Erlach!"

"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious"
- Oscar Wilde