home

Author Topic: Dawn Bringers - Update: Fire Raptor images  (Read 40562 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: Dawn Bringers - Update: Fire Raptor images
« Reply #325 on: April 07, 2018, 05:44:37 PM »
I love the death wing knight models. They are max as far as I’m concerned. How do they hold up? I will get some because I love em. And the hellblaters - are they from the new primaries units?
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #326 on: April 07, 2018, 06:11:48 PM »
Deathwing knights are probably the best melee terminators in the game by a fair margin.  Landing 30 Deathwing in front of the enemy is pretty hard to handle.

In this game the Deathwing Knights only had an opportunity to fight a full health demon prince and a pair of obliterators.  They killed the three models in one round of combat without trouble.  They are very durable and the shield wall gives them a nice boost in that department.

Deployment.

Terminators arrive.

Swarmlord and a flying tyrant managed to wear down and kill one unit of ten terminators.  The other unit of ten took a huge amount of damage to kill but the two together did so much damage the enemy couldn't recover.  The knights also managed to kill a heavily wounded Barbed Hiradoule.

In the end I had the Azreal, Ezekial, Belial, the Deathwing Ancient, 6 knights out of 8, 15 of 20 helblasters, 10 devastators, and 11 of the 22.  The army put out an oppressive amount of shooting and had plenty of multiwound models to soak up the attacks from the various giant monsters that survived the initial small arm shooting.
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #327 on: April 07, 2018, 06:29:13 PM »
Looks like fun! :icon_biggrin:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #328 on: April 07, 2018, 08:07:07 PM »
That is awesome Philly! To me that is what terminators should be able to with stand. To see 30 of them on the table is glorious. I will now actively hunt for some knights.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #329 on: April 11, 2018, 11:42:15 AM »
Glorious view! The colors are fantastic and I always had a weakness for mass-Terminator armies. :happy:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #330 on: April 12, 2018, 11:47:29 AM »
And it's great to see that a Terminator-heavy force works now.

I STILL haven't played 8th edition (jeez, has it been a year almost already??), but I read a lot about it. And from what I'm seeing, I don't think I remember any past edition being this diverse in terms of viable army compositions.

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #331 on: April 12, 2018, 02:59:22 PM »
Strategems make the armies now.  Deathwing are basically just normal marine terminators with assault terminator options thrown in EXCEPT that they then have access to that free round of shooting strategem and Knights have access to an additional round of attacks if need be plus the shield wall strat.

I agree, there has never been more variety than right now.  There is no KING list or army this time.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #332 on: April 12, 2018, 04:07:00 PM »
I'll throw in a third agree. I really just started playing in 7th, but pretty much every army I saw was more or less the same. Not to mention frequently death star heavy. Now in 8th, almost every army is different and just about every unit has uses. There's still a few weaker options in each book, but played right they can still be effective.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #333 on: April 13, 2018, 07:11:53 AM »
Strategems make the armies now.  Deathwing are basically just normal marine terminators with assault terminator options thrown in EXCEPT that they then have access to that free round of shooting strategem and Knights have access to an additional round of attacks if need be plus the shield wall strat.

I agree, there has never been more variety than right now.  There is no KING list or army this time.

There are some top builds, but GW is on top of it to nerf certain builds back in to place. Like the Commander spam from T'au (though that wasn't really a top contender, but very thematic out of place). And very soon with the big Spring FAQ the Hive Tyrant spam build that won Adepticon will probably get the same treatment.

I am very positive that things will iron out in time and that all armies will have several options to be viable.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #334 on: June 05, 2018, 11:07:37 AM »
After playing Spacehulk: Deathwing I decided I needed to get the rest of the Deathwing models in my book.  I bought another command box to make 1 more Deathwing Knight for a total of 10, A DW Apothacary, a real banner for my DW Ancient, and a DW Company Champion.  I made another cyclone missile terminator and a shooter who will host a cyclone shortly!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #335 on: June 05, 2018, 12:39:28 PM »
Very cool! Never thought I’d see a DW apothecary. Love the idea. I was never that big on termies but this thread is making me want to expand the idea for the full range. I only have 10 of the basic at the moment
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 04:22:22 PM by Artobans Ghost »
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #336 on: June 05, 2018, 03:00:18 PM »
They look pretty awesome. I love the power halberd going on.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #337 on: June 06, 2018, 11:28:05 AM »
Deathwing are seriously some of the cooler, power armored-mofos out there. :smile2:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau