home

Author Topic: Other Manufacturers  (Read 679656 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Re: Other Manufacturers
« Reply #1700 on: March 10, 2013, 12:24:25 PM »
More fantasy minis from Conquest Games

Crypt Guardians

Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #1701 on: March 12, 2013, 12:13:25 AM »
Does anyone own some of the mounted Bohemia troops models that were posted at some point in this thread?

http://www.horcata.eu/category/cavalry/

I would love to see some size comparison with GW models (especially if they fit on GW horses or not). Apparently they are supposed to be used with Front Rank horses, so a size comparison with those instead would probably do as well. I know we have a size comparison thread, but this thread here seems to be more alive. I hope someone can help.  :unsure:

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #1702 on: March 12, 2013, 05:00:49 PM »

Front Rank horses are small compared to GW (and the photos above show the barded knight horse, which is already small compared to other GW horses, including the outriders...) But there is not as much of a difference between the Front Rank riders as there is with the horses. I don't have a separate photo of just the riders. You can sort of see this in the pics above. Maybe a photo of some infantry might be a good way to show this?

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #1703 on: March 12, 2013, 10:51:20 PM »
Thanks alot 023. The Front Rank minis seem to be of similar size as the the 5th edition human mercenaries, so the same should apply to those Bohemia troops. With this knowledge I might order some.  :::cheers:::

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #1704 on: March 13, 2013, 12:42:15 AM »
Does anyone own some of the mounted Bohemia troops models that were posted at some point in this thread?

http://www.horcata.eu/category/cavalry/

I would love to see some size comparison with GW models (especially if they fit on GW horses or not). Apparently they are supposed to be used with Front Rank horses, so a size comparison with those instead would probably do as well. I know we have a size comparison thread, but this thread here seems to be more alive. I hope someone can help.  :unsure:
Those look very good!  Thanks for posting. :icon_cool: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Davros

• Members
« Reply #1705 on: March 13, 2013, 11:25:25 AM »
Yes excellent minis !!!  :::cheers:::

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #1706 on: March 13, 2013, 02:42:35 PM »
Wargames Factory have new and exciting Apocalypse Survivors coming soon - http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.10151300327236059.1073741826.334302786058&type=3
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1707 on: March 13, 2013, 05:34:47 PM »
Quick question.

Anyone know anything about a sculptor called Ronnie Shilton?

Foundry have some regiments sets at half price on their ebay site and several are attributed to Ronnie Shilton.

I can't tell if they are the new figures released for the Condottiere rules a couple of years back.

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Quickbeam

• Members
« Reply #1708 on: March 14, 2013, 12:19:28 AM »
Wargames Factory have new and exciting Apocalypse Survivors coming soon - http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.10151300327236059.1073741826.334302786058&type=3
I like them...... and it's not just because they don't cause any pain on my bank account.
“An army of principles will penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot.”
― Thomas Paine

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #1709 on: March 14, 2013, 06:17:35 AM »
Those Zombie survivors are really good...and great presentation too with those paint jobs.

Offline Akbar

• Members
« Reply #1710 on: March 14, 2013, 10:41:36 AM »
Quick question.

Anyone know anything about a sculptor called Ronnie Shilton?

Foundry have some regiments sets at half price on their ebay site and several are attributed to Ronnie Shilton.

I can't tell if they are the new figures released for the Condottiere rules a couple of years back.

I can´t tell you anything about mr Shilton, but I can confirm that the Condottiere are on ebay (among a lot of other stuff). Possibly the worst collection of historicals ever released. Now, don´t tell me you´re gonna buy them? When their excellent Perrys are on sale too?

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1711 on: March 14, 2013, 12:50:28 PM »
They have had the decency to 'name' the sculptor of each regiment set on sale, so you can see whether it was the Perrys ..... or Mark Copplestone, or Michael Percy, or the aforementioned Mr Shilton.

There was a discussion in this very thread I think about the figures that accompanied the release of the Condottiere rules set, and they were pretty ropey.

The question was aimed at working out which sets were from that batch or release?

I have orderd some stuff  :engel: - the Perrys Late Roman cavalry units, some Hussars, and I risked the Italian Artillery set.   :engel:

I am quite tempted by the Gendarmes - even if the Italian ones are the French on the foundry website.

Some Foundry quotes from emails and website

From some point after 2005, a number of the new models made at Foundry were of either of a substandard quality or inappropriate in style.
Where a model obviously doesn't fit that style, we think that it really should be taken out of the Foundry ranges.  We think that our customers have a right to expect us to maintain a consistent general style.
We have already removed the hundreds of packs of Napoleonic models that were made over the last seven years to replace Michael and Alan's ranges. We currently have no plans to put them back in production.

We will shortly start taking down all the models on our website that we regard as "UnFoundrylike".
We will continue to manufacture these models permanently, but will give them their own independent website with a new name. Until we sort a new website out we will put them up on eBay ("THE CASTING ROOM: Budget Wargames Miniatures!"). As they go up on eBay, we will remove them from our main website.

We will probably also take advantage of this clearance opportunity to sell off all the packs lurking within our ranges that we're really not very fond of.

Offline Akbar

• Members
« Reply #1712 on: March 14, 2013, 01:32:09 PM »
You mean this one right, "Medieval Artillery BRMED512"? It´s their old guns, released under other names such as :"Renaissance Mercenary Gunners and Demi Cannon REN028". They have replaced the Perry crew with models from the Condottieri release.

The guns only are for sale for 3.5£ each.

The gendarmes are not to my liking, but to each his own. I´d  take the "Renaissance Knights REN015" or similar, and give them Perry horses from their plastic range - it´s a pity Foundrys fine knights only have 2-3 different horses. Or just use the Perry Plastics as they are.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1713 on: March 14, 2013, 02:32:08 PM »
It was BRREN509  and for £12.00

2 machines and 8 figures - reasonable enough.

It's also a bit confusing about the numbers in the packs - the Perrys cavalry regiments are 10 figures, the Copplestone Hussars were 12 - not sure about the Gendarmes - I guess 12.

I understand they are bringing a lot of stuff to sell off at Salute - and that the Merc Ogres will be there too.  :engel:

Offline Akbar

• Members
« Reply #1714 on: March 14, 2013, 04:45:38 PM »
It was BRREN509  and for £12.00

2 machines and 8 figures - reasonable enough.

It's also a bit confusing about the numbers in the packs - the Perrys cavalry regiments are 10 figures, the Copplestone Hussars were 12 - not sure about the Gendarmes - I guess 12.

I understand they are bringing a lot of stuff to sell off at Salute - and that the Merc Ogres will be there too.  :engel:

Damn you english and your events that I´d like to attend!

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #1715 on: March 14, 2013, 06:55:13 PM »
Do you have a link to the Foundry eBay store (for those of us too lazy to look for ourselves)?

I'm also a bit confused, are they discontinuing the Kev Adams ogres? I've always wanted to grab some of the others, but the prices have always put me off. If they are clearing them out or discounting them, I may be tempted...

Offline Von Trinkenessen

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #1716 on: March 14, 2013, 09:07:29 PM »
Midaski I have a few of the "shilton" italians and landsknechts whilst not perry's they are workman like and fit in with the miragliano and bronzino series.
Some are lazy sculpts like some of the GW 1992 empire figs,others just benefit from a descent paint job (not an acid flashback  :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:)see website .
N>B> they are a lot easier to paint than Perrys. ::heretic::
They fit in with my Perry,pro gloria, LAF,GW,gamezone,marauder,copplestone -hinchcliffe,dixon etc.
Soon to be seen in the Von Trinkenessen chronicles coming to a convention in the south of england from the summer onwards and Salute 2014 :Ohmy:
GENTLEMAN OF WAR

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1717 on: March 14, 2013, 09:13:59 PM »
I think it was on the last page .................. but cos I like you

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/foundryminiatures/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

It should be one £5.00 postage fee for you folks across the pond however many packs you buy.

It does appear the Ron Shilton sculpts are dodgy.
I thought I'd risk these

16 figures for £12.00 ........ so 75p each           they might do for back rankers

:engel:

There is some talk of dropping  Fantasy ranges, but it may be recent sculpts. The best way to get a feel for the thing is go to their Historicals home page and read down the blogs, skipping the pictures.

There is much talk of the good old days, and the good old sculptors, and a suggestion that the last few years have been poor.

I will be having a browse through their bargain bins.   :engel:

Soon to be seen in the Von Trinkenessen chronicles coming to a convention in the south of england from the summer onwards and Salute 2014 :Ohmy:

That deserves some clarification .................

:icon_question:

Offline Akbar

• Members
« Reply #1718 on: March 14, 2013, 09:32:39 PM »
I´ve had a long email conversation with Marcus Ansell of Foundry, and what he says is that they will not drop the orcs and dwarfs from their fantasy range as they are among the best they got, but that they might be taken of the homepage for some time due to reorganisation of the fantasy range and re-release of discontinued packs and previously unreleased packs (dwarfs, mainly).  I believe that has just happened. They may get a separate homepage, but they are highly unlikely to disappear.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1719 on: March 14, 2013, 09:39:15 PM »
I remember the old days when ebay was just an auction site.

So for someone unfamiliar with the buying side of ebay, is Foundry just selling those figures they got there at a discount, and a buyer can buy as many as desired?

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Akbar

• Members
« Reply #1720 on: March 14, 2013, 09:45:57 PM »
Yes, they are selling at a discount. Quite a large one actually. Yes. you may buy as many as you like.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1721 on: March 14, 2013, 10:08:44 PM »
Well - how large the discount is could be debated.

The regiment packs are supposedly half the price - but that is half the price of the individual models if you bought them in the normal blister packs.

The normal blister packs are usually £12 for infantry and £13 for cavalry I think.
Those blister packs on their ebay site seem to mainly be at £9.00 so around 20% but you need to buy a few to spread the postage cost.

I have always thought Foundry stuff was over priced anyway so only buy when I see it discounted and discounted heavily ............  :engel:

If you are going to buy then beware the postage - the auctions/buy it now say £4 and extra buys are free, but the site was addding 50p per extra purchase.
I have pointed this out in a telephone call with Neil about 10 hours ago, but not sure if they have corrected it.

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #1722 on: March 16, 2013, 10:51:56 AM »
I am looking into manufacturers of late romans. Who makes those besides Blacktree?
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1723 on: March 16, 2013, 11:47:31 AM »
There some on those pages of ebay that Midaski provided a link to a few posts above, if I recall correctly.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1724 on: March 16, 2013, 12:42:19 PM »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/foundryminiatures/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

It should be one £5.00 postage fee for you folks across the pond however many packs you buy.
Regarding this link ... where can the names of the scupltors be seen?

And which person is it that scuplted the newest Condottierre figures so I can avoid them?