home

Author Topic: Other Manufacturers  (Read 679594 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Re: Other Manufacturers
« Reply #2225 on: February 23, 2014, 01:15:06 PM »
I bought some of their 28mm WW2 Germans on sale 35% off middle of January and they came by middle of February, which I hear is normal for them currently.  My disappointment was when I bought a squad of the grenadiers (12 figures), I got 3 duplicates instead of all being different.  Going to follow that up with them and see what they say.

I have a suspicion that, despite 'head office' being in Texas, all the casting is don ein the UK, so you americans may have the extra time for transatlantic travel.
Certainly I understand the Harlequin ranges are cast in Scotland - by Grendel I think.

I also have some of their dwarfs, Finlay.

Because they have TWO options on Fantasy - their own and Harlequin which they acquired - you get different figure styles.
I like some of their figures and not others.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 01:18:10 PM by Midaski »
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline DariusZero

• Members
  • I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
« Reply #2226 on: February 25, 2014, 03:40:43 PM »
Tercio creativo offers good selection of characters http://www.terciocreativo.com/

for a reasonable price

8.5€
Thank you for posting that link!  They even have some rules for use with their figures, and I'm liking the figures as well. :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

That's what  this thread is for, right? :::cheers:::

and I have stumbled upon the painting blog of the painter, that painted the figs. : http://emusestudio.blogspot.com.es/

I particularly like this guy

« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 03:48:32 PM by DariusZero »
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #2227 on: February 25, 2014, 04:19:10 PM »
Some fantasitc miniatures with some fantastic painting.

Offline Krudenwald

• Members
  • "Even Unto Death"
« Reply #2228 on: February 26, 2014, 05:17:27 AM »
Any reviews on Warlord's ECW/TYW minis? They look to be pretty well made, but I'm looking forward to hearing from someone who actually owns some of the models.

I've never dabbled in historicals before, but I'm really interested in some for a diorama!
No, I'm sending it to people I reckon I can trust. Or, at least, people I think I can murder should it become neccesary.

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #2229 on: February 26, 2014, 07:16:27 AM »
Really like that paint job. I like the more subtle highlights/color changes and the less exaggerated facial expressions than what most people use. Not sure if my point is clear, and its probably wrong, but just an opinion.
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline DariusZero

• Members
« Reply #2230 on: March 01, 2014, 12:45:16 PM »
Really like that paint job. I like the more subtle highlights/color changes and the less exaggerated facial expressions than what most people use. Not sure if my point is clear, and its probably wrong, but just an opinion.

It's quite clear to me and not wrong at all. Don't forget this kind of painting relies on a different approach. slowly and thoroughly concentrate on a one, single figure to achieve the maximum result. and he gets paid for it on top of it.

The Perry bros have new wips:

"......Foot Knights

This will be a box of 36(?...not sure yet!) foot knights or more acurately, dismounted Men at Arms. They will be all advancing/attacking in pose with seperate arms and heads as usual and will of course be able to be mixed with previous medievil boxes. There is no release date for these yet."
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #2231 on: March 01, 2014, 01:31:32 PM »
I think we're going to see a few of those appearing as Greatswords!
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline arjunstc

• Members
« Reply #2232 on: March 01, 2014, 02:34:44 PM »
I'm already using their metal ones and the few which come in the plastic infantry box for my Greatsword unit:

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #2233 on: March 01, 2014, 03:04:00 PM »
Omg those Perry greens are sick.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

• Members
« Reply #2234 on: March 01, 2014, 08:15:55 PM »
Yes amazing sauce.

Why did GW mob them out again?

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2235 on: March 01, 2014, 08:29:46 PM »
Yes amazing sauce.

They work for GW as the "Day Job"  on fantasy ............. and themselves at other times on historical.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 04:54:27 PM by Midaski »

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #2236 on: March 01, 2014, 08:30:06 PM »
Yes amazing sauce.

Not enough skullz?  :engel:
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Paint Log: link  Blog: My Life in Millimetres

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #2237 on: March 01, 2014, 09:21:21 PM »
GW started to lose it when they forgot their Perry saves.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #2238 on: March 01, 2014, 09:22:42 PM »
 :smile2:
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

• Members
« Reply #2239 on: March 01, 2014, 09:24:13 PM »
 :biggriin:

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #2240 on: March 01, 2014, 11:41:37 PM »
Ive got a unit of metal and plastic ones. Great models and really easy to paint.
Those greens have been around for over a year.w even on thier website.
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #2241 on: March 02, 2014, 06:22:03 AM »
Those Perry figures are great! I still haven't painted the metal ones I got.  :icon_redface:

For those who can't wait, or want more metals (they should all mix pretty well) you can still get...

"Dismounted Knights"
http://www.vexillia.ltd.uk/mirliton/shop28_humans.html

"Dismounted Men at Arms"
http://www.frontrank.com/lev4_4_2_1_WOR_Infantry.asp?startnum=9
(continued...) http://www.frontrank.com/lev4_4_2_1_WOR_Infantry.asp?startnum=17

Offline arjunstc

• Members
« Reply #2242 on: March 02, 2014, 02:26:49 PM »
I've mixed the Vexillia figures in with my unit of Perrys. Here they are by themselves:

Offline Krudenwald

• Members
  • "Even Unto Death"
« Reply #2243 on: March 03, 2014, 05:53:39 AM »
Any reviews on Warlord's ECW/TYW minis? They look to be pretty well made, but I'm looking forward to hearing from someone who actually owns some of the models.

I've never dabbled in historicals before, but I'm really interested in some for a diorama!

Shameless bump...
No, I'm sending it to people I reckon I can trust. Or, at least, people I think I can murder should it become neccesary.

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #2244 on: March 03, 2014, 07:27:40 AM »
Ive got some swedish infantry. They are ok. Nothing special, but look good as a block. Which is fine besauce that is how they need to be. Good value as well.
They are hybrid, plastic bodies and metal specifics to make them swedes.
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #2245 on: March 03, 2014, 08:49:10 AM »
Hmmm, makes me wonder whether I should rethink the human foot knights I had planned to do this year. Though mine would be a bit more bulky in line with old reiksguard on foot.

Offline DariusZero

• Members
« Reply #2246 on: March 03, 2014, 10:09:59 AM »
Hmmm, makes me wonder whether I should rethink the human foot knights I had planned to do this year. Though mine would be a bit more bulky in line with old reiksguard on foot.

which minis would you use? Front rank figurines seems the most close to the old reiksguard in size and style.

I'm a bit worried about the quality of the metal casting,though,  the mold being old and used oftenly. Otherwise FR would by my first choice.( and maybe it will, it also being reasonably cheap btw.)

Perry knights on the other hand are superb, but they tend to be on the slim size of the 28mm.

@Arjunstc : great minis and an excellent paintjob. though tthe foot knights are also available on the Mirliton official site:

http://www.mirliton.it/product_info.php?pName=dismounted-knights&cName=fantasy-2528mm-humans
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:14:18 AM by DariusZero »

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2247 on: March 03, 2014, 10:15:36 AM »

which minis would you use? Front rank figurines seems the most close to the old reiksguard in size and style.

I'm a bit worried about the quality of the metal casting,though,  the mold being old and used oftenly. Otherwise FR would by my first choice.( and maybe it will, it also being reasonably cheap btw.)

He's talking about making his own range Darius - adding to his dwarfs, goblins, halflings, elves, zombies, .... 

- Hey hang on wasn't it: "Just going to do a few marauder-style dwarfs"

:engel:

Offline DariusZero

• Members
« Reply #2248 on: March 03, 2014, 10:26:55 AM »

He's talking about making his own range Darius - adding to his dwarfs, goblins, halflings, elves, zombies, .... 

- Hey hang on wasn't it: "Just going to do a few marauder-style dwarfs"

:engel:

Well, in that case he doesn't need to crate the whole figs, just torsos and legs, because most of us have plenty of the extra hands with weapons of all kind and heads as well  ,  ffrom the original box of greatswords of that company.

It would make the set much cheaper to produce and sell.

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #2249 on: March 03, 2014, 11:05:07 AM »
While I might entertain the idea to look if they can be released without arms, I would definitely do full versions too, as I want them to have full plate armour, including on the arms.

They would probably reflect the various knightly orders I've created for my dwarf range. Some human foot knights of the White Boar, Great Bear, Raven could be tasty.