home

Author Topic: Other Manufacturers  (Read 679697 times)

Offline red shift

• Members
Re: Other Manufacturers
« Reply #2950 on: November 29, 2015, 07:14:31 PM »
Just built my first Perry knight - horse pretty close to warhammer but the rider looks like a midget unfortunately.

Offline Ursa Doom

• Members
  • From northern Sweden
« Reply #2951 on: November 30, 2015, 12:11:54 AM »
Only on account of GW knights having insane proportions when put next to something with regular proportions in the scale. The Bretonnian knights all look like massive body builders when compared with historical minis.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #2952 on: November 30, 2015, 12:46:21 AM »
Just in case folks missed this carroccio by Perry, and the oxen, and the figures for it ...

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php/topic,33589.msg968858.html#new
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 02:48:04 PM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #2953 on: November 30, 2015, 05:58:18 AM »
Just in case folks missed this carroccio by Perry, and the oxen, and the figures for it ...

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?board=8.0

Wrong link GP. I have the figures but made my own caroccio. The figures are lovely.
https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_64&products_id=2748&osCsid=cpjd0n61hk4l8cmlj51hm10380
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 06:02:52 AM by Padre »
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline DariusZero

• Members
  • I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
« Reply #2954 on: November 30, 2015, 02:39:13 PM »
Only on account of GW knights having insane proportions when put next to something with regular proportions in the scale. The Bretonnian knights all look like massive body builders when compared with historical minis.

Compared to the present crap they spew, they are pure gold. You should be thankfull.
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2955 on: November 30, 2015, 02:49:37 PM »

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?board=8.0
Wrong link GP. I have the figures but made my own caroccio. The figures are lovely.

https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_64&products_id=2748&osCsid=cpjd0n61hk4l8cmlj51hm10380
Ah!  Thanks for letting me know. I've changed the link to this ...

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php/topic,33589.msg968858.html#new

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #2956 on: December 09, 2015, 03:02:31 PM »
It has been a year now since Warlord Games bought the Pro Gloria miniature range. Still no plastic Landsknechts. No news, no updates, not even any mention about the miniatures during the whole year. Well done.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 03:08:56 PM by Victor »

Offline red shift

• Members
« Reply #2957 on: December 09, 2015, 08:20:11 PM »
Worse, now they own the designs no chance of a successful kickstarter

Offline DariusZero

• Members
« Reply #2958 on: December 09, 2015, 10:54:46 PM »
Maybe write a letter? I myself would like to see them in real too.
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #2959 on: December 10, 2015, 05:08:05 AM »
Someone else should do some new sculpts and a kickstarter and beat them to the punch.

Offline Ursa Doom

• Members
  • From northern Sweden
« Reply #2960 on: December 10, 2015, 03:30:34 PM »
It has been a year now since Warlord Games bought the Pro Gloria miniature range. Still no plastic Landsknechts. No news, no updates, not even any mention about the miniatures during the whole year. Well done.

Warlord games has a packed schedule. They might be released within a year or two.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #2961 on: December 10, 2015, 09:10:39 PM »
I actually asked them today, but their speedy answer was essentially what Ursa wrote above.

"I can confirm that there are plans to release the plastic Landsknechts.. the models are simply too nice not to release them... but unfortunately this is as far as I know at the moment, there are no certain release dates set yet."

They'd like to release the Landsknechts, but their release schedule gets altered often, and it seems the Landsknechts are often being pushed back the line. No dates, which I take to mean they don't have even started to plan to invest in the molds.

My speculation, but I'm afraid it will take at least another year before anything might happen.

-Z
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 10:02:01 PM by Zygmund »
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #2962 on: December 10, 2015, 10:22:38 PM »
A bit ridiculous. I thought the whole point of them buying Pro Gloria was that they had the resources and potential to produce the miniatures in a timely manner. Apparently they don't. I will just erase the whole Pro Gloria thing from my mind then.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #2963 on: December 11, 2015, 09:16:28 AM »
My guess is that there wasn't a solid plan for any sort of "timely manner." More likely they were just picking up projects that looked profitable without a plan on how to fit it in between all the WWII and sci-fi stuff.

Although, I notice they did release some AWI figures. Good move, since they're only competing with two other companies with plastic AWI figures already on the market. But I suppose success is a "sure thing" with beauties like these...

:ph34r:

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2964 on: December 11, 2015, 10:19:24 AM »

.... but how can they do a deal to sell the Wargames Factory stuff which is average at best, and neglect the Pro Gloria plastics.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2965 on: December 11, 2015, 12:13:56 PM »
I'm not a fan of Warlord's AWI cannon crews.  Although I'm not doing AWI in 28mm, but 40mm instead.  The quality of what is coming out in 40mm is excellent and way above some the quality of the newest 28mm releases.

And when checked last, I didn't see Wargames Factory on their site yet.  Besides, it seems bizzare that they'd be selling those.

Perhaps with the Pro-Gloria plastics, they haven't seen decent enough interest in their Italian Wars line of figures?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2966 on: December 11, 2015, 12:41:36 PM »
Here be some cool looking trolls and goblins ...

http://www.artizandesigns.com/list.php?man=22&cat=158&page=1

Offline red shift

• Members
« Reply #2967 on: December 11, 2015, 02:03:50 PM »
I don't know how well the proportions will fit with warhammer models, maybe they are worried the fantasy players will see the finished result next to an empire infantry model and decide to pass?

Offline DariusZero

• Members
« Reply #2968 on: December 11, 2015, 02:06:48 PM »

.... but how can they do a deal to sell the Wargames Factory stuff which is average at best, and neglect the Pro Gloria plastics.

I asked them about the issue and here's their answer:

""Thank you for your message - and your interest in the Landsknechts range.

I can confirm that there are plans to release the plastic Landsknechts.. the models are simply too nice not to release them... but unfortunately this is as far as I know at the moment, there are no certain release dates set yet.

Our release schedule is constantly changing (and often at short notice) so the best thing to do is to keep watching our Newsletter, Facebook Page, and Website - as soon as we have any further news or information on the models you want.

I'm sorry I couldn't give a more definitive answer at this time - however, I hope to have helped.""

Maybe if more people show their interest, they will hurry up the process!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 02:09:40 PM by DariusZero »

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2969 on: December 11, 2015, 04:28:33 PM »
And when checked last, I didn't see Wargames Factory on their site yet.  Besides, it seems bizzare that they'd be selling those.

http://store.warlordgames.com/collections/american-war-of-independence-1776-1783/products/liberty-or-death-american-war-of-independence-battle-set

They've reboxed them

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2970 on: December 11, 2015, 07:05:25 PM »
Ah, no wonder I don't like those figures, and they didn't look like Warlord's other AWI offerings.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #2971 on: December 11, 2015, 07:35:25 PM »
Interesting, I didn't realize they were WGF figures, but I can see it now. So I guess my first impression was right? They're focusing their own production on WWII & scifi?

Offline oak_prince

• Members
« Reply #2972 on: December 11, 2015, 09:16:22 PM »

I'm really concerned that Warlord will become The Borg and gobble everyone else up. They're distributing for WGF and seem to have some sort of noncompete arrangement with Perry Miniatures. I'd rather see some healthy competition, y'know?
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone".

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2973 on: December 11, 2015, 10:23:23 PM »
I went looking for the announcement - it was August 7th and on both sites WG and WF.
Supposed to be Warlord doing all of WF's sales worldwide.

It said it would start in October, but there doesn't seem to have been much integration.
If you look under Hail Caesar in the shop, that covers up to 1500AD and mentions the Dark Ages, but I could find some re-boxed Germanic Tribes which I think is WF, but no Vikings or Saxons.
Also couldn't see Skeletons, Zombies, & the Apocalypse Survivor sets, and even the AWI cannon set GP mentioned.

The WF announcement back in August was from I guess a Chinese gentleman which supports the suggestion that they were getting their product made 'overseas'.
Maybe there is no WF Sales or even Company in the USA anymore, and the Chinese factory is just looking for an outlet for its sprues.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2974 on: December 11, 2015, 10:54:34 PM »
Not sure I like the sound of that, yet when clicking the article in the upper right hand corner of the WF site it takes a person in to an article where there is clearly a Chinese name listed as CEO for WF.

One thing after another has occured with WF that I stay away from ordering anything from them, and the problem with Warlord is they seem to jack up the price when they take someone over and sell the captured product.  The latter and as witness, the increase in costs of all things Immortal Miniatures.

As for the AWI cannon sets, I suspect those are coming from the Warlord boxed sets, and haven't seen them sold seperately anywhere else.  Not that I care if they were or weren't, because the crews just don't look good enough for me to want, and in fact look more like cheap toys than military miniatures of quality.  I doubt the Chinese company producing that plastic junk cares either, and in more ways than one.