home

Author Topic: Time of War  (Read 1912 times)

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
Time of War
« on: January 21, 2016, 02:21:48 PM »
In the campaign books there are sections that have additional rules, alternative triumphs and additional spells, and add ' summoning' and so on, mainly benefitting Order and Chaos vs each other at the moment.   

Are any of you using those additional rules in your games?

Offline Lord_Crom

• Members
Re: Time of War
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 02:50:49 PM »
Hi, yep am using them but only as a try out of the scenarios. Would like to play a random, say what realm I want to fight in then slap them with the additional rules. I have Stormcast army and some help them a lot.

Once the both my armies are painted I intend to play a lot more but will probably only use the extra rules if I fight a campaign.

How about you?

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 03:28:08 PM »
Not yet as I intend to get more settled with the core rules and unit rules first before adding in more, but I sure intend to do so.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 04:32:09 PM »
I my local group we have been using the rules for the Realm of Life, setting a campaign there, but many people are forgetting some of them.   Mainly been using the triumphs, and the battleshock roll of 1 rule.  People forget all the Nurgle benefits, the extra spell, and if using the version from Quest for Ghal Maraz that they can possibly summong Sylvaneth.     Also, I have just become aware that there are global Time of War rules, such as the Overthrow the Tyrant, and since I have some Stormcasts I could benefit from.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 10:37:56 PM »
It's this actually that will make your game more or less complicated as you and your opponent want it to be, giving more depth to the game as you go along! Instead of jut overwhelming you with tons of rules and caveats in them like 8th did.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 10:07:38 AM »
True, I do still feel most of m group is still in the learning stage for the rules.   It's way more than just the 4 page rules, by the time you add in the warscrolls, battalion warscrolls, Time of War and Battleplan rules, there can be a lot going on. 

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 10:10:19 AM »
don't forget all the scenery options also..

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 10:17:51 AM »
Yeah, we've just started moving from the random stuff to using the actual warscrolls for what the scenery model is.   Especially when you use the Chaos Dreadfort stuff they have in the store