home

Author Topic: stretch_135 Blog (Pic Heavy) (Updated 04/05/2017)  (Read 59320 times)

Offline Merrick

• Members
  • I say!
    • http://www.facebook.com/WinHereWinThereWinWinEverywhere
Re: stretch_135 Blog (Rapidly becoming pic heavy!)
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2009, 10:52:51 PM »
Can't tell from the (blurry  :wink:) pics....but did you wash those models?
If not, they'd look far better with a wash.
Very neat flat colours though.

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2009, 11:01:55 AM »
Can't tell from the (blurry  :wink:) pics....but did you wash those models?
If not, they'd look far better with a wash.
Very neat flat colours though.

No, I haven't experimented with washes for my Empire models. It's something I've debated doing, especially with the yellow sections - the red I find works fine with Blood Red over Scab Red.

Unfortunately, no new pics at the moment. I've come to the rather sad conclusion that my camera isn't that flash for taking model pics (the macro feature is more like a macro failure). I'll have to try and 'borrow' the family one. In current news though, I've finished the militia detachments and moved on to a unit of Reiksguard. To be honest, they're well on the way to being finished. See what happens when you don't get around to updating a blog?
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2009, 03:13:27 AM »
Hey, a blog post where the forum *isn't* warning me about threadmancy!

I went back to the family camera, after coming to the conclusion that mine really didn't cut it for close up work. As a result, these pics are somewhat better. Since New Year, I've finished the two Detachments of Free Company, an Inner Circle unit of Reiksguard and started putting in the time needed for my conversion contest entry and my War Altar.

First up, some semi-decent pics of the Free Company:

My photography skills still let me down; the camera seems to wash out any sense of depth that I manage to work into the yellow. Same problem with the red, though it's not quite as bad. One of those "it looks better in the flesh kind of things".

This image of the second detachment is worse, because I had the flash on. I experimented with the flash on and off for most of the pics to see which one works better (no flash), but didn't take any no-flash shots for this one. *sigh* As such, they look pretty washed-out.

Next up, we have the Inner Circle Reiksgaurd, with the Kurt Helborg model I painted some time last year.

No work in progress shots for these guys unfortunately. I was overall pretty pleased with them, though I reckon if I do another lot of them I might experiment with some NMM techniques; large amounts of armour done with metallics isn't really working for me. I was pretty happy with the freehand symbols on the SB and Muso, but the close up pics aren't that crash hot :/

Updated pic for the Terminators I was working on aaaaaages ago.

I rebased them all onto the 40mm Circulars, and I like the way they turned out. The plan for the moment is to expand each squad out to 10, using a mix of plastics and metals - I don't find the slight size difference to be to much of a problem. Mostly the difference is the fact that the plastics are posed slightly more openly, which makes them look larger.

And last but not least:

Lector for my War Altar conversion. Fairly simple, but looks pretty good. The War Altar is currently under construction, along wih my conversion contest piece. The Altar is based around one of the old War Wagons (how original!) that I took the sides off. Will hopefully have updates for it later this week.
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline Soren

• Members
  • Helstorm Rocket Test Pilot
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2009, 06:54:09 AM »
Sweet looking WP, I hope you put him in the "Badass WP" thread.

Also, if you kill the flash, you mini's will look better.
Warm Regards,     Sören

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2009, 10:47:55 AM »
As a continuation from last time, pics of my recently completed War Altar conversion

Amazingly enough, I only glued my fingers together three times putting her together. The main 'altar' piece that the angel is built onto is not GW, in case anyone was wondering - it's a Reaper model. Next challenge is getting this darling painted...oh, and painting the conversion contest entry I finished today :) (Yes, it's behind the blacked out section in the photo :))

While I'm at it, I should post the Lector in that other thread shouldn't I....

Offline Toni

• Members
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2009, 10:53:01 AM »
Awesome looking war altar and WP. Good job.  :icon_biggrin:

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2009, 11:41:17 AM »
Awesome looking war altar and WP. Good job.  :icon_biggrin:

Thanks :). I was wondering for a while if I wouldn't be able to pull this one off haha :)

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2009, 01:31:35 AM »
Annnnnnnnnd we're back  :-D

Between a minor disaster of a computer security project and the various other facets of life, I've been trying to spend as much time as possible painting recently. As such, my War Altar is gradually coming together:

While the detail on the altar itself is a little hard to make out due to me not doing anything above the deck yet, she seems to be coming along quite nicely. I glued the wheels on after painting them and the lower part of the carriage, and had a few problems getting them perfectly square. As it turns out, I *think* the actual frame of the carriage isn't perfectly square - testament to GW's use of old moulds for this casting. Of course, it could be just that I screwed it up *shrug*.

Wood work and metals are pretty straightforward; the wood is Bestial over Scorched, and the metals are Chainmail over Chainmail/Chaos Black. The griffons were fun, and I'm fairly happy with how they turned out. I used Chainmail, then Gold, then washed with watered-down Bestial Brown and I think it was Blood Red? May have been Scab Red, I don't recall. Overall, I was happy with how they turned out.

This is the big bad Lector who gets to ride around on the War Altar. Not particularly happy with how this pic came out. The model itself is coming together quite nicely though. Since this pic was taken, I finished off the wood on the inside of the shield, and moved on to the metal reverse-side. Still not quite sure what colour to do the mace though....I'm debating picking up some Brass but I haven't quite decided yet.

The other part of this project which isn't shown here due to some terrible photos is the horses in front of the altar. I used a dark red colour scheme for the barding, similar to the Lector's robes. Funnily enough, they'll be finished before the actual altar part.

Also, due to my multi-tasking tendencies, I've also been working on the second and last Warrior Priest for my 2000 point army. Similar scheme to the Lector. As usual, the pic is terrible.  :laugh:

Offline Psycho Pirate

• Members
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2009, 04:15:14 AM »
Alot of great work that I'm sure will look even better with paint.

That last wp looks odd with how he is holding the hammer though.  Not a very natural pose.

Offline Soren

• Members
  • Helstorm Rocket Test Pilot
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2009, 06:03:58 AM »
Sweet war altar and warrior priests.......  :::cheers::: Did you put it in the Gathering of War Altars thread? And the WPs in the Badass Warrior Priest Conversions thread? Hint, Hint Hint.
Warm Regards,     Sören

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2009, 07:32:19 AM »
That last wp looks odd with how he is holding the hammer though.  Not a very natural pose.

Yeah, I wasn't too sure about it, but couldn't come up with an effective solution short of rebuilding the whole arm...the hammer just wasn't designed that way.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some better pics once they're finished, and I'll add them over in the other threads :).

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2009, 03:48:08 AM »
Wow, has it really been two months since I last posted here? That is incredibly poor form...

I finally finished my War Altar! I was quite shocked actually...it seemed like one of those projects that would just go on forever. Unfortunately, not many of my pics came out very well. I plan to go and reshoot some this afternoon and see how it goes.

Those pics that did come out:

Front view. The little cherub on top of the statue kind of gets lost in the background...I might try setting up a sheet in the background or something for the next lot of pics. You can see the angel on the altar itself is quite dark...I tried to capture the look of a stone statue but I'm not entirely convinced it worked out...it still looks like a skeleton dressed in a robe about to scalp someone.

This is a slightly more close up shot from the same angle. The black blocks around the edge are me trying to cut back on data in Photoshop to cut the image size down. Not pretty, but it works. You can kind of see the text on the statue in the background...I was quite happy with how that turned out. I didn't think my hands were quite steady enough to make decent looking text. Also, the brown on the Lector's base isn't meant to be profoundly different to the deck underneath him....the picture seems to have caught the light wrong.

More pics soon!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 04:48:12 AM by stretch_135 »

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2009, 04:12:44 AM »
One thing I've been meaning to get around to is cleaning up the movement trays I put together for my various units. I made them out of leftover cardboard and masking tape, so they're quite cheap and pretty much replaceable if they get lost/damaged/I decide I want to change unit sizes.

This is the earliest WIP shot I have of any of them. This particular tray is for a five man cavalry unit. The base is cardboard from a regiment box (might be Orc boys? Don't recall right at this moment). I then glued down corrugated cardboard around the edge (I think I went with a 5mm border for show) and then used strips of masking tape to raise the edges slightly on the inside. The next step was a layer of masking tape to give me a smooth layer for painting/flocking, which you can see has been done on the left hand side only so far.

This shot shows the underside of a larger tray I'm making for my Inner Circle Knights unit that I posted back in April (I'm planning on running them in a local tournament next month). The cardboard for this particular tray came from a Militia boxset and you can see the strips of masking tape I used around the edge (hopefully my explanation before makes a little more sense now...I barely understand it myself!).

Once that was done I applied a strip of masking tape lengthways along the edges to give me a smooth layer for painting.

The edges are painted using Goblin Green, and then will be flocked once that is dry.

And that's it. I need to get a few of these done for the tournament next month, but I'll need to finalise my list first. That is, if the TO's ever get around to confirming it's even on, but that's a story for another post...

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2009, 02:21:15 AM »
As a follow up to last time, here's the final step of the movement trays. I've flocked them the same way I do all my bases, so they actually worked out better than I expected.

And with a unit on board.

I'm really happy with the way these turned out. I think I've got another five to finish off, at which point I'll have enough for all the major blocks in my army. At the moment their mostly at the third stage, with the first layer of masking tape on.

I still haven't gotten around to taking any more shots of the War Altar...hopefully that'll happen today before work (fingers crossed  :lol:)

Oh, and as a post-script to my last post....the TOs have got around to confirming that the tournament *is* on this year. Bad news: it's only three weeks away. I'm assuming I'll have the Outriders I've just started to the minimum paint standards by then, but I'd prefer to have them completely finished. Less time on here might be the answer methinks....

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2009, 02:10:31 AM »
And to prove these trays are quick to put together, here's another four I put together a couple of days ago.

I promise I'll now go and get some better pics of my War Altar  :laugh:

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
Re: stretch_135 Blog (Pic heavy) (War Altar update 25-08)
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2009, 07:06:00 AM »
Success! I finally managed to take some semi-decent pictures of my War Altar by jury-rigging up some sort of fancy backdrop.

All right, maybe not that fancy a back drop. Far more effective though.

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2009, 12:57:21 AM »
A minor-text only update:

Now that I've completed my War Altar, it was time to pick something else to paint. One thing that's kind of annoying me at the moment is the sheer number of unpainted models I have lying around at home at the moment. As such, my choice of next project was based on three factors:
1) Empire
2) Number of models
3) How quickly I could get them painted (i.e. how much thought I would have to put into the colour scheme)

I decided to stick with my Empire models as opposed to Skaven or SM due simply to trying to stick to one army at a time. Based on Criteria Two, I had the option to go with a unit of 30 Swordsmen, 30 Flaggelants or 24 Free Company. (Other models which got the cut here included 2 Karl Franz's, General on Griffon, Outriders, Pistolliers, Artillery, etc). Finally, I decided to go with the Swordsmen; I've painted two units already so the scheme is well thought out and it would simply be a matter of painting them.

Of course, the best-laid plans are always the first to go awry....I finished the first layer of yellow on the uniforms only to finally get confirmation that Onslaught (my local tournament) was on this year. In three weeks. Hmm.

As I wanted to run my Outriders there and there was a ten point bonus for fielding an army that was completed to a three-colour-and-based standard, the Swordsmen were promptly put to one side and the Outriders started. Currently (with ~a week and a half before Onslaught) I've finished the red and yellow on the riders uniforms and started their armour. The horses have all been basecoated with their colours, and the highlighting is finished on 3/5. Pics will be forthcoming, but it's going to be an interesting couple of days.

Once the Outriders are finished I plan to go back and finish the Swordsmen, then paint the Flaggelants. My exams finish about a month earlier than my friends this year due to some creative scheduling at my university, so I'm planning on dedicating those ~three weeks to doing as much painting as possible. The plan for the moment is to get at least the Swordsmen finished, with the Flaggelants hopefully well on their way.

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2009, 11:13:26 PM »
Three days out from Onslaught, the Outriders are actually starting to look like they might be completely finished before the day starts. I'm nearly falling over in shock.

Currently I still need to paint the weapons, flesh, hair and helmets on the riders, and finish of the details on their horses. One thing that will slow me down however is university assignments...some cruel individual set a cryptography assignment to be due the Monday after the tournament. I'm less than impressed.

Pics will probably follow later this afternoon. I promise!

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2009, 04:26:10 AM »
All right, so it was actually a day later when I've finally got around to posting some pics up. My bad. Since my last update, I've started the flesh on the riders, as well as starting some clean-up work on a mounted wizard and Helblaster crew for Saturday. I'm hoping tomorrow I'll have enough spare time to finish all these guys off, though I'm not liking my chances.

At this point I'd finished the red and the yellow on the uniforms and the armour. Not happy with how the yellow shows up in this picture...our camera really seems to struggle with it for some reason.

I then did a layer of Bestial Brown on the cloaks.

Followed by Bleached Bone. (I'm really glad that colour was never withdrawn from sale like originally reported).

Since then I've done the wood on the weapons and started the flesh. I've also put some work into the horses, so I'm basically up to doing the details on them and they'll be finished. There's still an outside hope that I'll finish the whole unit for Saturday (two days away), but with classes tomorrow and work this afternoon, I'm not liking my chances.

Offline mousekiller

• Members
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2009, 01:32:05 PM »
That war alter is a pretty sweet conversion mate.  Also, those movement trays rock... very economical...

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2009, 02:26:09 AM »
That war alter is a pretty sweet conversion mate.  Also, those movement trays rock... very economical...

Thanks :) I put the trays through their 'trial by fire' at yesterday's tournament, and they pulled through really well....unlike my Helblaster, which didn't last beyond turn three in any of my five games.

A quick tournie report:

Outpost Onslaught 2009

Outpost is my 'local' gaming club (it's actually the second closest, but I prefer the crowd down there) and each year they have their Onslaught Fantasy tournament in September. It's a 1500 pt, five game tournie which rewards good comp and sportsmanship. I've played the last two years, winning the wooden spoon my first year and coming second-last last year (only because I had good painting scores...could have spooned two years in a row....*sigh*). In both years, my best result was a solid loss in one game (every other game being massacre losses) This year I went in with the goal of at least drawing one game of the five...

My list:
Heroes
Warrior Priest
   Great Weapon
   Warhorse
   Barding
   Heavy Armour
   Shroud of Magnus
      = 162

Warrior Priest
   Great Weapon
   Armour of Meteoric Iron
   Icon of Magnus
      = 144

Battle Wizard
   Level 2
   Warhorse
   Rod of Power
      = 140

Core
24 Swordsmen
   Musician
   Standard Bearer
   Duellist
      = 169

9 Free Company Detachment
      = 45

25 Swordsmen
   Musician
   Standard Bearer
   Duellist
      = 175

5 Knightly Orders
   Musician
      =123

Special
5 Outriders
   Musician
        Champion
   Hochland Long Rifle
      = 134

9 Knightly Orders
   Inner Circle
   Musician
   Standard Bearer
   War Banner
   Preceptor
      = 299

Rare
Helblaster Volley Gun
      = 110

Total = 1500

This is a lot harsher list than I usually play...I like playing he traditional Empire infantry heavy list, which is possibly why I get butchered so much. Oh, and my dice rolling sucks. That might contribute.

Game 1: Outpost of the Old Ones vs. Dark Elves
I was hoping to avoid the big three in my first game, so of course I drew a game against DE. I've played against them a few times before, so I kind of knew what to expect. This particular scenario had a building in the middle which allowed the unit closest to it to randomly cast certain spells. My notes are a little vague, but I'm fairly sure this was a fairly soft DE list; RBT, no hydra, medium magic, Spear elves, RBX, can't remember what else. In any case, I was massacred 20-0. Nothing seemed to go right for me, including my Helblaster blowing itself up first turn (which soon proved to be a common occurrence).

Game 2: Pitched Battle vs. Chaos
At this point I was a little demoralised, but determined to turn my luck around and scrape out a win. Drawing a Chaos player didn't really help my confidence. His list was cavalry heavy; two units of knights, two of marauder horsemen, two of hounds, a unit of ogres, plus characters. I don't recall the specifics of the battle and my notes aren't to detailed, but he split his army into two and I sent my knights off to hunt his knights. He then proceeded to play keep away, and my knights did squat for the battle. Hmm. My two infantry blocks fought the other unit of knights and the ogres to a standstill before they broke right at the end of the game. Hmm. My dice hate me. Result was a 15-5 loss for me, whcih up to that point was my best ever result in a tournament game.

At this point I started making threats to my dice in an attempt to get them to behave themselves. It didn't work.

Game 3: Pitched Battle vs. Tomb Kings
My notes suck, but from memory this army had a Bone Giant, a unit of three Ushabati, two units of skeletons, a unit of Chariots, plus something else I can't think of. I've only played TK's once or twice before against one of the guys at the club, but I knew their magic phase can be quite nasty. Again, my Helblaster blew up first turn. This was exceedingly unhelpful, as it turns out the Ushabati I was shooting it at were out of range by about half an inch. I was less than impressed. I'm fuzzy on  the details of the rest of the game, but I *think* I kept his magic under control, but still got hammered. Result was an 18-2 loss.

Game 4: Pitched Battle vs. Lizardmen
I made absolutely no notes for this game, so I'm very vague on details. I do know the Helblaster went up in flames turn one (again) after opening fire on a unit of skinks (it was one of those there's no other targets moments), rolling two misfires and killing one skink in total. I was very disillusioned with the Helblaster at this point. Can't really recall much more of the battle...I remember Saurus cav and infantry, but don't really remember details. In any case, this game resulted in a 12-8 win for me! First ever tourney win, so I was quite happy.

Game 5: Pitched Battle vs. High Elves
Final game was against the youngest competitor in the field - he's actually the son of the guy I bought the dragon I'm using for my KF conversion off. The army consisted of (from memory, as my notes are thinner than Lindsay Lohan) Silver Helms with hero, Spear Elves with mage, Archers, Eagle, Bolt Thrower, Shadow Warriors with hero, Phoenix Gaurd. (That's it I think?) I'd call this a pretty soft list really. My knights with WP ended up taking on his Silver Helms and hero; his hero killed mine in a challenge but I broke the unit anyway (capturing their banner) and ended up chasing them to the edge of the board where they rallied...where I broke them in a later turn. I felt bad for doing it haha. His Eagle went pop in a cloud of feathers when my Outriders opened fire on it, and the Helblaster annihilated the Shadow Warriors and hero. My unit of Swordsmen with WP knocked off the Phoenix Guard and captured their banner. It wasn't all that one sided, as he ended up knocking off my Outriders and got half points for a few units. We ended up running out of time and having to call it at the end of turn four, with my knights poised to run riot through the remainder of his army. Final score was a 13-7 win for me.

So, overall I placed 14th out of a field of 21. I'm really happy with that, as my goal for the day was to draw at least one game, and to walk away with two wins is fantastic. I received a few compliments for my army, and at least two votes for best army which is awesome. Next year I'll be back, though I'm thinking about fielding either Dark Elves or Skaven instead of my Empire for a change. We'll see how it goes. I actually took the camera along to take some pics of the tournament, but entirely forgot about it, so I'll take some pics of my army in the next day or two when I get a chance.

Offline wardenmunger

• Members
Re: stretch_135 Blog (Pic Heavy) (Tournie report 13/09/2009)
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2009, 10:05:07 AM »
Congratulations on your wins! I have suffered a similar fate at recent tournies as well, and got 2 boobie prizes in the offing.

However, in the latest one I have entered, I have won 3 in 3, and have scored 2 massaceres in those games. One tip I will give you is in the use of your Hellblaster. Don't just fire it for firings sake! if it can only shoot at skinks, let them be, as you will only do hitting them on 6's at that range, and will get back 7 points per skink. In other words, you need to kill alot of skinks to get your points back.

What I like to do is set up my swords men, then place my hand gunner detachment 3" to the side on the parent. I then drop the hellblaster in the gap. If any nasty enemy unit comes near my swordsmen(usually at short range) I let them have it, hitting on 4's(or 3's for hydras, giants ect). If they survive it, when they go into combat with the swordsmen, I should have the upper hand.

By doing this I can avoid the Hellblaster failing spectacularly! hope this helps for the future.
Listen in to one of the biggest podcasts in the UK - The Black Sun Podcast - over 18's only !

Follow me on twitter - @wardenmunger

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2009, 10:53:43 AM »
Congratulations on your wins! I have suffered a similar fate at recent tournies as well, and got 2 boobie prizes in the offing.

However, in the latest one I have entered, I have won 3 in 3, and have scored 2 massaceres in those games. One tip I will give you is in the use of your Hellblaster. Don't just fire it for firings sake! if it can only shoot at skinks, let them be, as you will only do hitting them on 6's at that range, and will get back 7 points per skink. In other words, you need to kill alot of skinks to get your points back.

What I like to do is set up my swords men, then place my hand gunner detachment 3" to the side on the parent. I then drop the hellblaster in the gap. If any nasty enemy unit comes near my swordsmen(usually at short range) I let them have it, hitting on 4's(or 3's for hydras, giants ect). If they survive it, when they go into combat with the swordsmen, I should have the upper hand.

By doing this I can avoid the Hellblaster failing spectacularly! hope this helps for the future.

Thanks for that :) This was the first time I've run a Helblaster under 7th, and it rapidly became apparent that you really have to pick your targets for it carefully now. I'm wondering if the Helblaster wasn't *really* the right tool for the job this time around, and if a second unit of Outriders would be a better fit. Same range, slightly more expensive, but more reliable. Something to experiment with in a few games :)

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2009, 03:01:19 AM »
And I'm back....how remiss of me to not update for a month.

First up, here's the pics I promised after my tournament results.

The 1500 pt. Army I took along to Onslaught:

(Lighting isn't the greatest...need to work on that).

An angle shot on the Knights with the mounted Warrior Priest:

And the Outriders:

Now that the Outriders are complete, I've gone back to the Swordsmen I started before the Onslaught tournament announcement. I'm trying to get a fair chunk of the unpainted Empire stuff I have lying around done so I don't feel to guilty when I get stuck into Skaven after their release (that Doomwheel is awesome). I'm currently working on the armour on the Swordsmen after completing the red and yellow on their uniforms. Funnily enough, I'm actually getting more painting done during exams than before - I'm finding that taking an hour off here and there between study to paint is keeping my head on straight. The most up-to-date picture I have is no very up-to-date at all...this was taken just after the first layer of yellow (and as usual, our camera didn't take to the yellow to well at all).

That's it for the moment...hopefully more updates soon :)

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2009, 10:44:00 AM »
So it's been nearly three months since I last posted. Yeah, I know. *sigh*

On the bright side, I'm currently working full-time during my summer break from uni. On the downside, it means I have basically no time to paint. I'm pretty sure I haven't touched my models since late October. I currently have my Flaggelants and Swordsmen on the go - the Flaggelants were a spur of the moment beginning just before my interview for a summer spot with GW (which was unsuccessful). Hopefully I'll have some more news + photos just after Christmas.