home

Author Topic: Quick rules question  (Read 1390 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Quick rules question
« on: April 09, 2018, 12:44:10 AM »
It’s probably written in front of my face but can you use multiple dispell abilities to wipe out one spell. Example  : I have a plethora of Warpriests that can provide one dispell per hero phase. If my tzeentch deamon gets off a particularly bad spell, can I just rotate thru  the priests in range until I roll ork succeed or is it one dispell attempt allowed per successful spell cast?
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
Re: Quick rules question
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 07:40:47 AM »
I think it's in the core rules under Wizards

"If a spell is cast, the opposing player can
choose any one of their wizards that is
within 18" of the caster, and that can see
them, and attempt to unbind the spell
before its effects are applied. To unbind a
spell, roll two dice. If the roll beats the roll
used to cast the spell, then the spell’s effects
are negated. Only one attempt can be made
to unbind a spell
."

So, you can only make one unbind attempt per spell cast, but other abilities such as ignoring a spell cast on this unit on a 5+ etc like on The Hallowed Knights battalion warscroll, and some allegiances have an artefact that can possibly ignore a spell's effects.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: Quick rules question
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 09:24:38 PM »
Thanks oxycuter. I thought I had responded but it seems I didn’t. That’s how I’ve been playing it but just wanted to be sure. If it was t I could shut a magic phase down quite nicely 😸
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.