home

Author Topic: Empire Ogres  (Read 2332 times)

Offline Powderfan

• Members
Empire Ogres
« on: June 09, 2012, 06:03:02 PM »
Hi guys

Been sorting through my collection since the new army book came out and as much as I would love to spend a fortune getting all the new stuff I want to hold on to my old skool models.  Anyway I am now thinking how I can use my old Empire Ogres in my current army. The only place I can see in the book where I could get them to it is to use them for 'counts as' Demigryph Knights'. 

Are the DK's on chariot bases?  if so I could either model one Ogre per base and make a bit of a diarama (spelt that wrong I am sure) and also make the models I have go a bit further.  Or I could use 2 per base.  My justification for the model selection is.  They have longer legs than human men so M8 is ok. The are bulky models so W3 is ok.  They are stronger than a normal man so S4 is ok and some of the attacks will be at higher S5 to reflect their higher endurance.  Causing fear is fine too. 

So what do you think? 1 model or 2 per base?

Michael

PS please confirm the dimensions of the Chariot base as I think there might me two different ones.  What comes as std with the current DG models?

Offline yoy1zoz2mom3

• Members
  • Were am I? What month is it? I`m peckish
Re: Empire Ogres
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 06:54:36 PM »

I am now thinking how I can use my old Empire Ogres in my current army. The only place I can see in the book where I could get them to it is to use them for 'counts as' Demigryph Knights'. 

Will knights be riding them?
We don't need to reason why,
we just need to glue and buy.

Sometimes I look up and wonder,were has.my roof gone?

Self confessed hobby butterfly

Armies: 3000p of guard
1000p of ogres
3000p of orcs
1000p of snooty empire
?p of bitz

Offline Cpt. Wham

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 07:01:56 PM »
Demigyphs are on 50x75 bases. 

Why bother trying to get them to count as something?  You can always us them on their regular 40mms as filler in infantry units.  Probably the easiest way to fit them in.

Also, you can use lead belchers as your cannons/mortars.

Offline Powderfan

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 07:22:34 PM »
@Yoy - no plans on piggy back riders.  The monstrous mounts and rider act as one model with a shared stat line so no need for a rider.  I will just need to roll some attacks for the rider and some for the mount.

@Capt - I like the idea of slotting them in to units to add some interest and height.  I will try them on the chariot bases and see what they look like.  But if they don't look to great then I will slot them in here and there.  Should look cool.

Michael

Offline Derek Contyre

• Members
  • Duke of Nueremburg
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 10:06:28 PM »
Put two on a base and model a gigantic spear lol.
A man who builds his army around his fluff . . . respect . . .  :::cheers:::

Offline Powderfan

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 05:46:17 AM »
@Derek - Sounds like a cracking idea.  Only trouble is the models are all old Skool metal one piece miniatures and it would be beyond my skills to re-model them.  It could become a cool future project using the current plastic models though.  I will keep that in mind.  Cheers

Michael

Offline Daymz

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 08:53:08 AM »
Just thought I'd emphasize on the fact that, indeed, Demigryphs come with their own proprietary base-size, which is not a chariot base. It has been pointed out already that the bases are 75x50, so if you went for the DGK variant, do jeep that in mind!

I think they would surely make a great eye-catcher especially in infantry units as fillers... You could "dioramise" them a bit, too, which sure gives you many options.

Offline wardancer

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 04:12:17 PM »
If you use mercenary list from the Tamurkhan book, you can take unit of ogres. Otherwise as somebody said, great rank fillers!

Offline abdulaapocolyps

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 09:22:39 PM »
Interestingly I too am using ogres as DG knights.I'm not sure what I'm doing with the bases or if I'm going to add someone else to the bases,like handlers / managers to fill things out. I'm not keen on the DG minis,the almost mono pose knights did me in,but love imperial ogres so hey Ho.
  As a side note,im also considering doing a giant as a steam tank cos I just love giants.that's going to be a conversation an a half that is...