home

Author Topic: 100 Days of Hobby 2020 ...  (Read 73081 times)

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
Re: 100 Days of Hobby 2020 ...
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2020, 01:12:57 PM »
Another small addition

Week 1
May 1st:
- Started making a reference sheet of the Salamanders for Benthe to cope with all the rules (in dutch with keeping the english names), did the overal rules and a first unit and let her review it.
- Painted some more Salamanders with Benthe, she did some bases in red as foundation for the lava and I put on a first layer of the lighter green on 1 Inceptor and glued another to its flying stand
- Painted the Noxious Blightbringer to an almost finished stage
May 3rd:
- Completing the reference sheet with all the Primaris models she has. As I wanted to do a sheet on strategems also I noticed that the Salamnders Data Cards set doesn't include startegems for the generic Space Marines and that the Data Cards box I have is an old version. To bad the store didn't have the new one yet.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2020, 01:16:45 PM »
I like how SKS is keeping his list across a week, and maybe I'll do that too. :icon_cool:

Seeing there is a line of shingles on Artoban's well. :icon_wink:

I like that Zygmund's block of spearmen have mixed colors, and they came out nicely! :eusa_clap:

Padre's big cannon is defintiely coming along, and the freehand banner looks great! :::cheers:::

I was not as productive on Sunday as hoped.

But the project I started was some WFB figures that had been put out on a poster board a few years back.  The idea was to have them in my face, organized and ready to finish painting.  Alas they were in my face, yet never finished painting them.  And so they grew dusty.  When I moved they also became jumbled when transporting.  And so I have begun to clean them off, quite the chore, won't let this happen again.  They are also being organized on to a new poster board, to eventually finish painting them.  Or this time, put them away so they don't get so dusty.

Day 3 ...

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Midaski, Padre, Artoban, GP, Gankom, Realjuan, Rowsdower

5 Days Per Week ... Zygmund

3 Days Per Week ... SKS, and Novogord

(Those reporting in are bolded.)

Day 4 has begun.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2020, 02:31:30 PM »
Went back through the thread to combine my lists, and found my previous list of potential projects too.  It'll be interesting to see how much of those projects can get accomplished.

GP's Ongoing Tally ...

Day 1.  Organized my paints, found a few colors to order. Glued more of a tower together.  Glued the muzzle of a 15mm WW2 German Self-propelled gun for a nephew, and fixed a small bi-plane for another nephew.  Glued on an arm for a 28mm WotRs figure. Used a pin drill to create a hole for a 54mm caisson wheel to be attached for another nephew.

Day 2.  A game of Lion Rampant with a nephew over Zoom.  Almost finished gluing the stone tower together.  More organizing in the hobby room.

Day 3.  Started dusting off (literally) and re-organizing many partially painted WFB figures that had been sitting on a poster board for a few years back.  The idea was to have them in my face, organized and ready to finish painting.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2020, 03:05:55 PM »
Quote Padre: Attempted freehand (which I have always and remain bad at) on a dwarf flag

Your bad is my ‘great job! Well done! Pat on the proverbial back’ 😺

Really diggin the pirate gun crew
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2020, 04:27:14 PM »
Day 4 - Prepped a female paladin. Did some little further work with the pikeman unit.

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2020, 06:15:18 PM »
Day 3

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Midaski, Padre, Artoban, GP, Gankom, Realjuan, Rowsdower

Day 4

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2020, 07:59:56 PM »
Well done everyone! Very impressive!

I've spent the past two days building more Fireforge Northmen Archers, Undead and a bit of paint on some deathwatch guys.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2020, 08:40:32 PM »
Took a break at lunch and organized some figures on my "tea" cart. Top level ... Border Reivers, 4 Italian Medieval Knights, and Baron's War I figures.  2nd level ... 28mm ACW.  3rd level ... 1745 Jacobites and Govt. Troops.  Plan to return to the WFB figures this evening, although cleaning mold lines off the Border Reivers also needs to get done asap, so we'll see.

Updating ...

Day 3

Day 4

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Gankom, GP, Midaski, Padre, Artoban, Realjuan, Rowsdower

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2020, 01:24:52 AM »
Day 4 - those layabouts where layin too quietly. Could only partially finish 6 of  them.

Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2020, 01:44:38 AM »
Progress, slow and and steady makes the day, the week, the month, etc.  Congrats! :::cheers:::

And it makes me want to do up my Forgotten World figures.  The beauty of the hobby! :icon_biggrin:

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2020, 02:10:56 AM »
Is anyone else weirded out by the necks on the Forgotten worlds humans? They look find from a distance in pictures, but when building them the heads seem to stick out a bit weird. Kinda, floating I guess? I'm not sure the best way to phrase it.

But also, SWEET ARCHERS! I like the brown look you've got going for the armor.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2020, 02:52:08 AM »
So I stayed focused on dusting and organizing the jumble of unfinished WFB figures.  It was great revisiting all these figures.  Lots more to do on this mini-project, although looking forward to getting it all set up again.

Updating ...

Day 3

Day 4

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Gankom, GP, Artoban, Midaski, Padre, Realjuan, Rowsdower

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2020, 03:40:57 AM »
Nurgle beastmen army: 65% painted

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2020, 11:36:03 AM »
Day 4, Cannon completed ...

And just so you Empire players can better appreciate the size of this beast, a comparison shot with a GW Empire 'great cannon' ...

Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2020, 12:06:09 PM »
You need an ogre to reload that!
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2020, 12:46:13 PM »
I came here tonight to hear the cannon go
Boom! shake-shake-shake the table
Tic-tic-tic-tic Boom!

But yes, I do. Thanks for the idea. I think I have the necessary bits to fashion up an ogre in my bits box.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2020, 12:52:21 PM »
Quote Padre: And just so you Empire players can better appreciate the size of this beast, a comparison shot with a GW Empire 'great cannon' ...

Great cannon indeed! You sir have relegated them to the children’s play area
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2020, 01:30:42 PM »
Nurgle beastmen army: 65% painted
My guess is that was happening for a good while, congrats! :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2020, 01:43:53 PM »
Quite the cannon there Padre ... where's that piece been procured from?

Updating ...

Day 3

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Midaski, Padre, Artoban, GP, Gankom, Rowsdower, Realjuan

Day 4

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Gankom, GP, Artoban, Rowsdower, Padre, Midaski, Realjuan

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2020, 02:41:00 PM »
A small update with me and this challenge:

Day 1-2
I did an update on my collection of paints and minis, and basically organize everything. This was a great activity and involve Mrs.Realjuan a little.

Day 3
Was re-hydrating my paints and having a painting Skype meeting with a friend. We both agree that is quiet enjoyable and we should do it even after the quarantine to keep up with some projects.

Day 4:
Still working on my paints (i do have more than I should) and a lot of the paints need to be switch into drop bottles.
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2020, 04:31:19 PM »
Day 5 has begun!

Last Update for Day 3, and more ...

Day 3

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Midaski, Padre, Artoban, GP, Gankom, Rowsdower, Realjuan

Day 4

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Gankom, Artoban, Rowsdower, Padre, Realjuan, Midaski

Day 5

100 Days of Hobby (every day) ... Gankom, GP, Artoban, Rowsdower, Padre, Realjuan, Midaski

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2020, 04:35:50 PM »
My 3rd day this week doing something on the hobby!

Week 1
May 1st:
- Started making a reference sheet of the Salamanders for Benthe to cope with all the rules (in dutch with keeping the english names), did the overal rules and a first unit and let her review it.
- Painted some more Salamanders with Benthe, she did some bases in red as foundation for the lava and I put on a first layer of the lighter green on 1 Inceptor and glued another to its flying stand
- Painted the Noxious Blightbringer to an almost finished stage
May 3rd:
- Completing the reference sheet with all the Primaris models she has. As I wanted to do a sheet on strategems also I noticed that the Salamnders Data Cards set doesn't include startegems for the generic Space Marines and that the Data Cards box I have is an old version. To bad the store didn't have the new one yet.
May 5th:
-Played a game of 40k with Benthe, at 775 vs 776 points Salamanders vs Death Guard a maelstrom game from the main book with the new set up rules, but cards the old way. 4 battlerounds and we called it on a 8-8 tie!
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2020, 02:37:23 AM »
Day 4 - nothing to contribute to new models. Just to tired. However, I made an ogre Mawtribe list on Asyr. I had come up with a generals name - Xatazug - and named it Xatazug’s Wildlife. Made up of battline icefall Yhetees, mournfang packs , frost sabres and gnoblars. Frostlord on a thundertusk, huskard on a thundertusk, icebrow hunter, firebelly and a butcher. Going to be fun.
Also researched a site that had PDF’s for Dragon Rampant and Lion R for lists and quick reference.

Site below for GP FYI - https://www.fysh.org/~katie/wargames/downloads/
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2020, 04:31:45 AM »
My 3rd day this week doing something on the hobby!
Congrats!  And it is so cool that you're doing hobby things with your daughter, awesome! :::cheers::: :::cheers:::

Day 4 - nothing to contribute to new models. Just to tired. However, I made an ogre Mawtribe list on Asyr. I had come up with a generals name - Xatazug - and named it Xatazug’s Wildlife. Made up of battline icefall Yhetees, mournfang packs , frost sabres and gnoblars. Frostlord on a thundertusk, huskard on a thundertusk, icebrow hunter, firebelly and a butcher. Going to be fun.
Also researched a site that had PDF’s for Dragon Rampant and Lion R for lists and quick reference.

Site below for GP FYI - https://www.fysh.org/~katie/wargames/downloads/
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Sounds like a little fluff and list writing, way to go!

I got in a little fluff writing today, inspired by some music I was listening to at lunch time,  although more work to do on it before sharing.  Haven't done writing like that in too long.  And have done some work on cleaning off the mold lines of half the Border Reivers that I've got, so a little progress there.

Stayed away from the cleaning and organizing of those WFB figures.  I was inside the last few days, and it seems my allergies were acting up, yet the only thing I was breathing in that probably wasn't wise, seems to be the dust form those figures.  So decided to take time off from that amd let the body heal until I brave that project further.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2020, 06:06:21 AM »
Day 5 - rest.

I did sort through a pile of Landsknechts, which I mostly ended up trading with a friend for high medieval figures. So a little bit of miniature fingering there. But they were organized to start with, so in my books that's a rest day. :-)

Really inspiring to read what everyone is doing. So thanks for posting detailled reports! :-)

GP, I'm allergic too, mostly pollen, dust, and some foodstuffs. It's birch pollen time here, so I'm mostly staying indoors too. Ofcourse covid makes it easier this spring, as nobody expects me to go to places. But dusting off figures and applying static grass can get to the irritation level.

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.