home

Author Topic: What magic items will be removed in our new book?  (Read 19358 times)

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
Re: What magic items will be removed in our new book?
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2012, 02:50:21 PM »
Did we ever have cheap fast cavalry before i joined in 18 months ago?

Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2012, 05:14:14 PM »
We never had cheap fast cavalry.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2012, 05:30:19 PM »
Maybe there will be a return to named knightly orders, who will be able to buy their special magic banner as a unit upgrade. As blood knights can in the VC book.

Hmmm like the 3.5 Edition list from WD eh, still a step back in my mind unless they did it more of a normal knightly order and templar knightly order with special rules depending on their god. Just returning named orders with special rules and their own magic banner option is highly unimaginative.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

• Members
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2012, 05:32:34 PM »
surely the Empire, in all it's glory would have trained a fast cavalry attack unit type? :)

:eusa_wall:

maybe fast cavalry with swords , and shields , light armour

Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2012, 05:36:06 PM »
surely the Empire, in all it's glory would have trained a fast cavalry attack unit type? :)

:eusa_wall:

maybe fast cavalry with swords , and shields , light armour

You could play 3rd Edition and have use of the Kriegsritters.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Jörgen Andreasson

• Members
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2012, 07:55:03 PM »
Yes, in earlier edition there were all kinds of cavalry around. Such as crossbow equipped light cavalry and so on...

• Members
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2012, 08:18:28 PM »
wow xbow on horse!

hehe

Xborses

:blush:

Offline Cursain

• Members
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2012, 09:11:32 PM »
wow xbow on horse!

hehe

Xborses

:blush:

That would be awesome with a 30" range and vanguard.  Talk about reach out and touch somebody.

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2012, 12:19:18 AM »
We're going to get screwed!  GW has been screwing the Empire since Warhammer was produced,  this is going to be a huge nerfbook with stupid mongrol monsterous cavalry.  The end is Neigh! 

Offline Ambrose

• Members
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2012, 01:15:26 AM »
I have to say I wish they wouldnt take any items from any army set, I think it is a lot of fun to come up with different combinations. 

Here are some that I think will go away/get changed:

Imperial Banner
Steel Standard
Rod of Power
Van Horstmann's Speculum
Armour of Meteoric Iron

Just to name a few.  I think we have 46 magic items at the moment. 

Tomb Kings went from 35 down to 8.

Why on earth give people fewer ways to have fun?

I don't know if we will get less.  Did the other army books decrease the amount of magical weapons for their armies?  Personally I hope they keep a fair number in as it is fun to try new items with our Heroes/Lords.

I just hope they don't go mechinized and reduce our hordes of troops.  Having lots of infantry is what gives the Empire the 'feel' of the army IMO.  Thats not to say cannons and mechanized items are not welcomed, just don't reduce our core troops.

Ambrose
"Faith, Steel and Gunpowder"

Offline Delthos

• Members
  • Evil Polish Guy
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2012, 06:43:47 PM »
It almost a guarantee that we will get fewer magic items. Every 8th edition army book has been reduced to fewer than 10 magic items.
Ostermark Photo Gallery
Ostermark Painting Log
"Kill 'em all and let Morr sort 'em out!" (General Ghent, Battle of Dumsky's Fallow)

Offline Ambrose

• Members
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2012, 03:00:33 AM »
It almost a guarantee that we will get fewer magic items. Every 8th edition army book has been reduced to fewer than 10 magic items.

Booo, hiss.   :x

Offline boheminawoods

• Members
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2012, 04:39:06 AM »
Just think of the unit options we might get though.  :happy:

Offline The Peacemaker

• Members
  • Baron Karl von Balombine of Wissenland
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2012, 06:54:21 AM »
I imagine that there will be an Elector counts option where you can get a runefang with some other magic points allowance. I also imagine that VHS will stay but will go to 50 pts. I also think that the imperial banner will stay but have it's rules changed.

Pfft, VHS will probably be on a special character and get nerfed just like the blooddrinker.
For Wissenland and the Countess!!!

My Painting Blog
My Entire Gallery

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2012, 08:09:25 PM »

I think I read something on Warseer, where someone talked to a GW game dev about the magic items, and the guy said that the next army books will have more again. I could be wrong though.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2012, 08:17:39 PM »
GW1: Why are empire players only using certain magic items?
GW2: Because the other items are crap.
GW1: Hmm. What can we do to change that?
GW2: Make the other stuff worthwhile?
GW1: Nah, too complicated. We'll just scrap the stuff that is used. That'll show them!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 09:58:43 PM by Fidelis von Sigmaringen »
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Mechanical Monkey

• Members
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2012, 08:27:02 PM »
GW1: Why are empire players only use certain magic items?
GW2: Because the other items are crap.
GW1: Hmm. What can we do to change that?
GW2: Make the other stuff worthwhile?
GW1: Nah, too complicated. We'll just scrap the stuff that is used. That'll show them!

Yeah....

As an ogre player I still miss the days of the Tenderizer or the old siegebreaker. Look at the weapons now. They are overcosted and suck.
Why would he look there?  Never ever has there been balls under an elf's robes.   :closed-eyes:

Offline Nils Ingvar

• Members
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2012, 09:08:30 PM »
If they manage to nerf Empire it'll be neigh unplayable versus many other teams. They're just gonna turn us into hardcore powder monkey's. Oh? We don't get any good shit? Then im gonna field as many cannons and gunners as possible and just cheese my way to victory.

Offline Ambrose

• Members
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2012, 09:15:24 PM »
If they manage to nerf Empire it'll be neigh unplayable versus many other teams. They're just gonna turn us into hardcore powder monkey's. Oh? We don't get any good shit? Then im gonna field as many cannons and gunners as possible and just cheese my way to victory.

This is what I'm worried about.  I've said it before, I like the Empire's 'feel' with lots of troops rank upon rank.  Solid lines of infantry supported by calvary, gun powder and faith.  If it turns into a shooty only army, I'll be  putting my army up on ebay.   :?

Ambrose

Offline Nils Ingvar

• Members
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2012, 09:18:32 PM »

This is what I'm worried about.  I've said it before, I like the Empire's 'feel' with lots of troops rank upon rank.  Solid lines of infantry supported by calvary, gun powder and faith.  If it turns into a shooty only army, I'll be  putting my army up on ebay.   :?

Ambrose

If it turns into that im just gonna disregard 8th completley. I just started my goddamn army and if they eff it over, im going to be less then happy about it. Becuase the way its played now is what I like about it.

Offline DivineVisitor

• Members
  • Hammer Time
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2012, 09:34:07 PM »
So many Doomsayers, if the book sucks il take it as a challenge to win with it.
Then il go out and kick arse with our glorious men in tights.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 09:39:27 PM by DivineVisitor »

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2012, 10:37:09 PM »
They are not going to turn Empire into a pure gunline. They are not going to turn Empire into a pure close combat fest. They are not going to turn Empire into pure "fantasy" with nothing but fantastical beasts and improbable technology. We have been, are, and always will be an army of men shooting, riding, fighting and backed up by magic, technology and divine intervention.

Empire is a major army for Warhammer; GW is not going to go to one of their golden geese and beat it like a red-headed stepchild.
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline pippin_nl

• Members
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2012, 08:52:25 AM »
I imagine that there will be an Elector counts option where you can get a runefang with some other magic points allowance. I also imagine that VHS will stay but will go to 50 pts. I also think that the imperial banner will stay but have it's rules changed.

Could also have the same rules, but just 15 points for instance.

Offline pippin_nl

• Members
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2012, 09:19:37 AM »

Ambrose

Actually I would not be surprised if both the canon and mortar will be either nerfed or become more expensive. The same goes for the steam tank. Maybe they will make a mistake with the hellblaster and make it useful again.

Offline Nils Ingvar

• Members
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2012, 01:17:22 PM »

Ambrose

Actually I would not be surprised if both the canon and mortar will be either nerfed or become more expensive. The same goes for the steam tank. Maybe they will make a mistake with the hellblaster and make it useful again.

If they increase their cost they should also increase the cost for the ogres Iron Blaster. I doubt they will, and if they do im gonna use 7th ed points for them. Still, I hope they won't fuck Empire over. But something tells me they will considering how dumbed down the most recent 8th eds have been. "Streamlined" is an excuse lazy and incompetent people use to cover up the fact that they are dumbing down something.