home

Author Topic: Outremer from Osprey  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Outremer from Osprey
« on: April 15, 2018, 10:51:02 AM »
Skirmish game in the Crusades era and set in the Crusader States in the Holy Land.
Released at Salute yesterday and I have had a quick read through.

Warband style with individual models that can progress so similar to games like Mordheim/Frostgrave/Legends of the High Seas etc.

Uses variety of dice from D4 through to D20 and has the normal stats list you would expect.

Interesting growth scheme where your models embark on a "career path" upgrade, which I have only skimmed so far, and need to understand how it works a bit more.

With SAGA about to release the 2nd edition version of their Crusader era rules (updating Crescent and the Cross) it is an interesting time for Holy Land conflicts.
About time I blew the dust off figures bought and not built.  :engel:

https://ospreypublishing.com/outremer-faith-and-blood

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 02:27:05 PM by Midaski »
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Outremer from Osprey
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 12:06:21 PM »
Saw this a couple weeks back, apparently already released here in the States.  It looks interesting, although I'm staying focused on Lion Rampant for the moment.  Although I'd like to get back to Day of Battle again as well.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Re: Outremer from Osprey
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 06:05:44 PM »
Looks interesting to me as well. Not sure how much I like the D4-D20 range as I prefer the usual D6 style games, but the crusades have always been a fascinating period for me so it's nice to see a rule set during that period.