home

Author Topic: "Look out Sir" rule  (Read 2202 times)

Offline Bedlam

• Members
"Look out Sir" rule
« on: July 06, 2007, 12:29:22 AM »
If an enemy wizard is in a unit that is five wide, and I do 6 shooting wounds to the unit, does 1 wound land on the wizard?

Also, in HTH combat, If I dealt 5 wounds to the same unit above, would the wizard take a wound, or would a rank and file troops die instead?

Also, If I put a cannon through the rank containing the wizard, the wizard would then get the "look out sir" rule.  Failing the look out sir rule would then put the wizard at risk of death.  Is this correct?

Thanks.

Offline Radar Knight

• Members
Re: "Look out Sir" rule
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 12:38:35 AM »
1 ) No. It lands on rank and file.

2 ) You designate targets in CC with whoever's in Base to Base contact. A wizard in the front rank can be attacked by any models in BtB with him. They have to be designated.

3 ) Yes- this is where it's direct fire, model counts. You get Look Out Sir, and if you fail, he is risking death.
The Chain of Command sucks. Everyone below me is an idiot and everyone above has their head up their ass.

Fourth But First!

Middenland City Guard : Griefstadt (In Progress)

Offline Bedlam

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 12:44:15 AM »
Thanks for the quick response.  I will be using this in about thirty minutes.

Offline Marshal Lucius von Morr

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 12:52:21 AM »
good hunting
This incoherent ramble has been the product of Pete's delusional mind, and in no way represents the views or opinions of the rest of Pete's body.

Roll of  Dis-Honour for the 27th.
2-2-10

Offline Kaz

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 05:40:49 AM »
Notice that in 7th, a champ no longer counts as r'n'f when it comes to shooting, but as a character.

THat means that if there is four standard r'n'f, a champion, and a character, hits on the unit should be randomised, and neither champ nor character will get a look out sir
It is better to be silent and have people think you're stupid, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 03:28:34 PM »
Notice that in 7th, a champ no longer counts as r'n'f when it comes to shooting, but as a character.

THat means that if there is four standard r'n'f, a champion, and a character, hits on the unit should be randomised, and neither champ nor character will get a look out sir

Where is this in the Rulebook?  I couldn't find it, but was told this before.
I'm in college!

Offline Kaz

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 03:44:46 PM »
Page 81, last paragraph on the page

- Champions are treated as characters when their unit is hit by ranged attacks (eg, they benefit from the 'Look out, Sir!' rule, etc).
It is better to be silent and have people think you're stupid, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 03:45:32 PM »
Why does that disregard them as Rank-and-Filers then?
I'm in college!

Offline Rufas the Eccentric

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Taken from us May 9th 2008 - But never forgotten
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 03:46:00 PM »
Page 81 second column, Last paragraph and bullets.  Per paragraph the campion is RnF for normal purposes, but are treated as characters for purposes of shooting (they benefit from the "look Out Sir!" rule).

Page 74 "Look Out Sir!" need 5 or more rank and file to have this benefit.  So 4 RnF + Champion + Character would not get the "Look Out Sir!" rule.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 03:49:57 PM by Rufas the Eccentric »
Sigmar on a sling, the stuff some people come up with. . . .

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 03:52:10 PM »
Okay.  But if it's 6 models (1 Character, 4 RnFs and a Champion) is the character still unable to be hit by shooting?  Hits are not randomized and the Character is still safe?
I'm in college!

Offline Kaz

• Members
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 04:06:38 PM »
No, the shots are randomised if there is four r'n'f, a champion and a character.

It disregards them as r'n'f for the reason that they are threated as characters when it comes to shooting.

Offline queek

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2007, 02:58:33 AM »
what kaz said.

a return to the 5th edition way of dealing with the situation.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2007, 03:00:50 AM »
Did I mention our Chaos Elf player is planning on running the Queen-Slag in a unit of Fast Cav? 

Heheh.  :happy:
I'm in college!