home

Author Topic: Spells that affect STanks  (Read 867 times)

Offline UndeadEmpire

• Members
Spells that affect STanks
« on: September 16, 2010, 05:25:40 PM »
So STanks are immune to Pit of Shades due to having no I. However, something came up in a battle tonight, Goblins can take a spell that can target a model and it must pass in I test or take D6 S10 hits. Is the STank immune to this spell due to no I as precedented in the PoS ruling or is it ONLY immune to PoS?

I let the spell affect my STank as it says in the FAQ that PoS doesn't affect it, not whatever the gobbo spell is and it was for an instore tourney, so I didn't much mind, even though it was a major contributor at costing me the game (5 wounds, then 3 more for generating SP next turn, guessed 1 and rolled a 5 ), however, I want to get this cleared for next time and more importantly, in an actual tournament.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
Re: Spells that affect STanks
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 05:31:27 PM »
IIRC, tanks are not immune to Pit of Shades due to having no I, but because it was stated in the FAQ.

They fail initiative tests automatically, thus they are affected by all those spells. It was one of the major bones of contention before the new FAQs came out.

Offline UndeadEmpire

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 05:36:47 PM »
poop

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
  • Misinterpreting GW rules since 1991
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 10:05:44 PM »
It specifically mentions the STank being immune to PoS in the faq.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.

— Popularly but incorrectly attributed to William Gibson