home

Author Topic: Very few Places for Written Battle Reports (Non Tourney)  (Read 279 times)

Offline Rodman49

• Members
Very few Places for Written Battle Reports (Non Tourney)
« on: April 11, 2024, 05:43:58 AM »
There is a dearth of content when it comes to written battle reports in non tournament settings.  So I started logged my games with a few pics.  I don't want to run a forum with comments so I'll link them here if that's alright and you all can discuss them and tell my how much a shit writer I am.

vs Brets
https://www.carolinafirstandonly.com/old-world/fantasy-battle-reports/emp-vs-bret-feb24
vs High Elves
https://www.carolinafirstandonly.com/old-world/fantasy-battle-reports/emp-vs-he-feb24

As I finish more I'll post them here: https://www.carolinafirstandonly.com/old-world/fantasy-battle-reports

I find that I don't like watching battle reports as the editing on the YouTube ones are terrible and it results in a bunch of watching two men throw dice in box - written reports don't have all the filler so I enjoy them more.

Offline Skyros

• Members
Re: Very few Places for Written Battle Reports (Non Tourney)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 01:36:01 PM »
That's great, thanks for writing them up!

Offline Crankiebrell

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 06:06:31 PM »
Dwainic I think it is? Is the only video report I've liked in ToW. Mountain miniatures I try to like but 2 people trying to play while explaining their moves and each if them also answering other viewer.questions that almost always have nothing to do with whats going on is overwhelming. That said, they arw.the biggest voice.in the space.so.I appreciate what they are.trying to do, its.just not for me.

I applaud your efforts also, I think when people aren't seeing what they want in the digital world and start.providing that service is great. I always think, I can't be the only one who wants X, but then I see something shiney.... What was I talking about? Lol

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2024, 01:33:21 AM »
Those were a good read.  Enjoyed that you kept them on point, and didn't get lost in too many details.  Provides an inteeresting view of the 1250 point level.  :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

Were these played on a 4'x6' area :icon_question:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Rodman49

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2024, 04:21:22 AM »
Those were a good read.  Enjoyed that you kept them on point, and didn't get lost in too many details.  Provides an inteeresting view of the 1250 point level.  :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

Were these played on a 4'x6' area :icon_question:

Thanks - yup they were on all on a 6x4 board.